Parking Charges

The Buzzard

Anybody know anything about how to deal with these companies that send you parking fines that seem a scam?

Was up in Perth a few fridays ago and parked in some multi storey. Got the ticket and then when we returned, paid the balance as per the length of time required. Barriers let us out with no issue.

Now had a letter saying due them £60. ALD Automotive are the company.

If I'd been caught out parking somewhere without paying then fair enough but fuck this shit when I actually paid before leaving that night.

There's a photo of the car going in and the car leaving so I presume the barriers work on the fact that they must be linked to the cameras and payment received. That's what's fucking me off about it.

I went through a case recently with TCH law, from Hamilton. They kept sending horrendous letters. Real threatening stuff. The total got up into the thousands (that they wanted in solicitors fees, not the original debt I was disputing).

It went to court. I didn't turn up. It got thrown out. I sent them a fantastic letter simply saying

'HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA'

I went through a case recently with TCH law, from Hamilton. They kept sending horrendous letters. Real threatening stuff. The total got up into the thousands (that they wanted in solicitors fees, not the original debt I was disputing).

It went to court. I didn't turn up. It got thrown out. I sent them a fantastic letter simply saying

'HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA'

Poodler QC. What's your rates!?

It's shows that you can be taken to court and made to pay such fines. Do you not agree? I know it conflicts your sound advice to ignore it.

If you must know, my advice to the poster who started the thread would be to contact the company and ask why they feel he is deserving of such a fine.

That better?

I'll be on the case tomorrow morning and find out what the fuck is going on.

General feeling on here is it's shite and to ignore, also heard that in plenty other similar situations before, but rather than risk it I will be contacting them.

Just don't admit to being the driver. They have to prove it was you that was driving, if they can't then they have no case. You can stop all the follow up letters and demands by responding to the initial fine saying that you were not the driver and are not required to disclose who the driver was.

I have an electricity company chasing me for thousands of £s, have been for about 2 years now. When I moved into the property they blocked me from changing supplier (they had no legal right to do this) meant I couldn't change supplier until about 6 months later when they stopped being dicks.

I never agreed any contract with them, stated my wish to change supplier immediately and they don't know my name, or business name just the address.

I ignore the fuds completely.

Since you are in the right with this one, probably just as easy to contact them and say you have paid what you are due and tell them to fuck off.