Out Of Contract

He's fine as a squad player but I won't that be bothered either way. I'd rather one of our own youngsters took that job like Jack or Fyvie did on their way up.

That’s fair enough, a year older Deano will hopefully be pushing for starts soon rather than short appearances? Still think Ball can be a solid player in matches (in his best position)

Defensive mid for sure. Only issue for me is I’d rather see Gleeson in there before Ball based on what we’ve seen to date. Completely different players but it’s the Gleeson type we’re lacking.

Agree with others Ball should only ever be used at Def Mid.

But... he hasn't been great this season and you wonder if McInnes might be ready to move on - or at least be in no hurry to make him a permanent signing.

I agree, you can't afford first team players wages in every position in the squad . And Ball has been decent most times he's had to fill in in midfield.

Happy new year

That would be fine, but are you simply assuming he's on a "reserve player" kind of wage?

Decent young players will almost certainly be cheaper squad players so I guess its a balance of having enough experience around the squad without overpaying.

For me Ball is in the same category as Considine: a decent player to have available but one I'd rather not see starting every week. Very useful when some physicality is needed against some of the cloggers in this league.

Agree with others Ball should only ever be used at Def Mid.

But... he hasn't been great this season and you wonder if McInnes might be ready to move on - or at least be in no hurry to make him a permanent signing.

Has he had a run of more than 5 games in one position?

Mcinnes plays him next to Shinnie which never works. Both try to do the same job.

I’m not saying he’s class, but he’s decent enough, I’d keep.

Ball is shite. Utter shite.

McInnes shat it after failing to get in any of his first choice targets and only signed him so that he had a squad for Burnley.

A signing of absolute desperation 6 weeks before the window shut.............

Here’s hoping McInnes gets a transfer window right some time soon.

No he took him on loan again after his impressive end to the season.

Ball is okay, not terrible, not brilliant. Can do a job in midfield but apart from that he's not much use.

Ball is shite. Utter shite.

McInnes shat it after failing to get in any of his first choice targets and only signed him so that he had a squad for Burnley.

A signing of absolute desperation 6 weeks before the window shut.............

Here’s hoping McInnes gets a transfer window right some time soon.

Jesus Christ. Surely you’re on the wind up here?

£500k would make me think twice too but how realistic is that? I know we somehow managed it with Lee Miller but that's more an exception than a rule. I'd happily take Kenny McLean type deal like last winter but again, not sure of that's something that can really be expected.

we have came a long way in recent years and so has the value of football players. I believe the club is in the position now that it should never be considering a offer of a few 100k for any half decent player. If teams want our players they pay the market value or they stay till contract runs out.