New Stadium Approved

Having spoken to players that have trained at Cormack Park today, I can confirm that NEM is havering pish.

Next time you speak to them tell them some proper S&C equipment might prevent them being rag dolled like a bunch of wee fannies next time we play the tims

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

They mentioned that it will save time and money from having to use mini buses to and from wherever they are training.

How will that change from what they are doing now? I assume players come to Pittodrie and they go to the training from there. Will the players now just go straight to the training grounds? Why don't they do that already?

Because not only is their changing room there and where they keep all their kit, boots etc. They also do their video analysis, have dinner, etc at the stadium.

They'll do all that at Cormack Park now.

Videos of the players training at Cormack Park today - yes, including the gym - on Aberdeen's Instagram.

Appears most of them arrived by bus. Presumably the car park isn't finished, which will be why they don't move permanently until after the international break.

Bus not allowed in the car park even if it was finished. Cars only.

Think some folk here are expecting us to be opening a Bannatynes franchise. The gym is servicing about 40 players all in ffs

That thing looks half the size and worse than the weights section at the Village which can barely cope with 10 people in at the same time. There's also all sorts of circuit training equipment and areas these days and I can't see where the cardio machines are or are going for AFCCT and them. People saying there will be stuff in the stadium which is 3.5 years away?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

The gym should be twice as big as it is and have much more equipment, as others have said it's fairly basic.

Is it not better to have players on the pitch rather than the gym though?

It looks like a good facility. Five pitches is more than enough. Whether it was value for money I'll never know, the price of construction is through the roof these days.

Why? Have you seen other teams gyms?

Why?  Well bcause if you're making a purpose built complex surely it makes sense to go big on everything, leave no stone unturned but it's typical of Aberdeen FC to just do enough and the gullible fans will lap it up.  Nope not seen other teams gyms, well not them all.

That thing looks half the size and worse than the weights section at the Village which can barely cope with 10 people in at the same time. There's also all sorts of circuit training equipment and areas these days and I can't see where the cardio machines are or are going for AFCCT and them. People saying there will be stuff in the stadium which is 3.5 years away?

The gym seems to be a similar size and have similar equipment to Celtic's.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Afm4FfdmCLI

Why? Well bcause if you're making a purpose built complex surely it makes sense to go big on everything, leave no stone unturned but it's typical of Aberdeen FC to just do enough and the gullible fans will lap it up. Nope not seen other teams gyms, well not them all.

Would the people designing what equipment is needed not know better than folk on here?

We've spent 12 million on this facility. I doubt we'd not spend a bit more on the likes of a fucking punch bag if it was needed. If there was shortcuts to be taken it would be on the pitches.

• Upvote 1