Hampden Debate

There's allowances made but you can't wander around drinking no. Like you can't leave the designated areas with a drink in those periods same with the Xmas market etc

They won't be for football fans

You can happily walk the streets of Edinburgh win a can of beer in hand.

You cannot leave bars with bottles etc. but drinking in the street is legal in most ares.

Cops hate it, especially the cunts that come through from Glasgow. You can see on their faces they really want to pull you for it but many times they can't. They usually try & pull you for some other thing just to be cunts though.

Be interesting to see if they try to change rules for football though, as when rugby on you can still do it.

• 7 months later...

A final decision over the future of Scotland's national football stadium is expected within weeks.

The Scottish FA is considering a move away from Hampden Park, owned by Scottish League Two Queen's Park, when its lease expires in 2020.

Scottish Rugby believes Murrayfield should become the new home of Scottish football.

The SFA had earmarked Monday as the deadline for both parties to submit proposals.

The governing body, which has an option to renew its Hampden lease, says negotiations will continue between representatives of Queen's Park and Scottish Rugby.

Hampden Park and Murrayfield remain the only two options, but it is unclear whether both parties met the deadline and submitted the details requested by the SFA.

A final decision over the future of Scotland's national football stadium is expected within weeks.

The Scottish FA is considering a move away from Hampden Park, owned by Scottish League Two Queen's Park, when its lease expires in 2020.

Scottish Rugby believes Murrayfield should become the new home of Scottish football.

The SFA had earmarked Monday as the deadline for both parties to submit proposals.

The governing body, which has an option to renew its Hampden lease, says negotiations will continue between representatives of Queen's Park and Scottish Rugby.

Hampden Park and Murrayfield remain the only two options, but it is unclear whether both parties met the deadline and submitted the details requested by the SFA.

Despite the game and result I enjoyed the "match day experience" at Murrayfield against hearts last season. I don't like Rugby so that was my first time in the stadium and I thought it was great. Hopefully it gets picked.

• Upvote 1

Ready back through this thread, so many know it alls getting themselves in a fizz saying this is all designed to help out Rangers and Celtic.

Now the choice is simply between Murrayfield and Hampden, no wonder the thread went quiet.

Pretty sure this is just a ploy from the SFA to get a better deal from Hampden... but I'd love to see us move from Hampden.

If it were up to me, first two decisions I'd make:

(1) Bin Hampden

(2) Bin 'Flower of Scotland'

Job done.

Ready back through this thread, so many know it alls getting themselves in a fizz saying this is all designed to help out Rangers and Celtic.

Now the choice is simply between Murrayfield and Hampden, no wonder the thread went quiet.

Pretty sure this is just a ploy from the SFA to get a better deal from Hampden... but I'd love to see us move from Hampden.

(1) Bin Hampden

Job done.

(1) Bin Hampden

Job done.

Flower of Scotland is a great tune. It's the tartan army that make it shit.

• Upvote 1

A share would actually be ok.

But I think they'll just bottle it and change nothing.

100% they will change nothing.

Apparently if hampden gets the axe then queens Park are screwed because they will then owe the national lottery charity fund a shit load of millions back.

Nothing to see here. All will remain the same

100% they will change nothing.

Apparently if hampden gets the axe then queens Park are screwed because they will then owe the national lottery charity fund a shit load of millions back.

Nothing to see here. All will remain the same

Well there will be a change, in that the SFA will own Hampden rather than rent it.

They'll make more money from the stadium, won't be paying out a rental fee either, and will have the opportunity if they so wish to redevelop it.

SFA buying Hampden at the same time as the FA are trying to flog Wembley.

(1) Bin Hampden

Job done.

I'd forgotten about them.

(3) Bin the Tartan Army.

You get my vote.