Latest Purchase Thread

Big Man

Any Album up to Desire is worth buying (76?)

Can’t be ducked with anything after that

I really like NS - supposedly him stopping smoking gave him the new voice (but I smell shite)

I agree. Everything up to Desire but very little thereafter. Desire is probably the album I go back to most often these days.

Interesting re Nashville Skyline and the different voice. I always thought that weird. What's the theory?

I agree. Everything up to Desire but very little thereafter. Desire is probably the album I go back to most often these days.

Interesting re Nashville Skyline and the different voice. I always thought that weird. What's the theory?

google says he temporarily stopped smoking cock, so stopped the gravelly tones in his voice

certainly his most famous\recognisable albums stop after desire.

desire hooked me instantly (specifically the songs I never heard before)

less so NS

but I’ll persevere to get full VFM for my €14:99

if not it’ll make a decent pizza tray

google says he temporarily stopped smoking cock, so stopped the gravelly tones in his voice

certainly his most famous\recognisable albums stop after desire.

desire hooked me instantly (specifically the songs I never heard before)

less so NS

but I’ll persevere to get full VFM for my €14:99

if not it’ll make a decent pizza tray

Interesting.

You'd expect Alan Carr to be more hoarse than he is.

There are a few gems - time out of mind and modern times are both excellent evening albums.

He can do what he wants, he goes against the grain more than El Mobbo!

Has there genuinely been any remake better than original either film or tv?

Reason they are remade normally are due to it being good in the first place with good actors and the remakes are always pish because it’s not the same actors and they try to shoehorn similar plots that don’t have any relevance anymore.

Reason they are remade normally are due to it being good in the first place with good actors and the remakes are always pish because it’s not the same actors and they try to shoehorn similar plots that don’t have any relevance anymore.

There must be one or two, but they’d be the exception to the rule. Mission Impossible movies have made a load of money........erm is that about it?

House of Cards?

I agree. Only one i can think of is Cape Fear but I saw the remake after the original so my judgement i skewed.

I watched the remake of Papillon the other day, almost word for the word for the original 70's film and not as good.