#451 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,734 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 13 June 2019 - 11:23 AM

McKenna was probably about the only one except Marshall not standing about in awe of Hazard.

Cunt was given a free run at sending in a ball like a training session 

Edited by fine-n-dandy, 13 June 2019 - 11:23 AM.

Ding Dong

#452 OFFLINE   Fridge

Fridge

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
  • Joined 08-October 18

Posted 17 June 2019 - 10:58 PM

I just don’t get it. Clearly firing 5 players up front would be foolhardy but if you have a go and chase down at every opportunity snap at their legs, let them know they are getting no time on the back , surely the way forward.

Clearly you will be fucked after 80 minutes and might get picked off but you would still get applauded off the park by everyone.

Just have a fucking go within reason.

#453 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 34,164 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:45 AM

I just don’t get it. Clearly firing 5 players up front would be foolhardy but if you have a go and chase down at every opportunity snap at their legs, let them know they are getting no time on the back , surely the way forward.

Clearly you will be fucked after 80 minutes and might get picked off but you would still get applauded off the park by everyone.

Just have a fucking go within reason.

What, so every player running from position to snap into tackles?

What if the players they all run out to shut down are really good, spin our player and play a slide rule pass into the now vacated space behind us?

#454 OFFLINE   Fridge

Fridge

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
  • Joined 08-October 18

Posted 18 June 2019 - 08:46 PM

FFS, Yes that’s exactly what I said, centre halves charging into challenges on the right wing. Clearly not.

Sitting off better teams inevitably ends in defeat, run yourself into the ground with the player you are up against snap at him, no time on the ball see what Pep / Klopp does, no reason to not be fit enough. You may well get picked off anyway or be totally fucked at the end of the game but at least have a go.

#455 OFFLINE   BWG

BWG

FTH

• Members
  • 12,011 posts
  • Joined 01-June 15

Posted 23 June 2019 - 04:07 PM

https://www.bbc.co.u...otball/48730718

Man who was sacked disagrees with being sacked.

Pair of them were so completely out of their depth it wasn't funny.

#456 OFFLINE   Parklife

Parklife

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,646 posts
  • Joined 16-December 13

Posted 23 June 2019 - 04:20 PM

McFadden has went from a Scottish footballing hero to a wee prick. The fact that he can't see why he and McLeish were jettisoned shows he'll never make it as a coach. He can't see what went wrong and his own part in it, so he'll never learn. Having a pop at folk like me who booed that shower of shite in San Marino is pathetic.

#457 OFFLINE   BWG

BWG

FTH

• Members
  • 12,011 posts
  • Joined 01-June 15

Posted 23 June 2019 - 04:24 PM

McFadden has went from a Scottish footballing hero to a wee prick. The fact that he can't see why he and McLeish were jettisoned shows he'll never make it as a coach. He can't see what went wrong and his own part in it, so he'll never learn. Having a pop at folk like me who booed that shower of shite in San Marino is pathetic.

Agreed.

His logic is bewildering as well. It's OK that we (Scotland) lost to the Kazakhs because Kairat Almaty papped us (The Famous) out of the Europa League 4 years ago?

Blithering idiot. Next stop assistant coach at some League Two dross.

Edited by BWG, 23 June 2019 - 04:25 PM.

#458 OFFLINE   Sheepo

Sheepo

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Joined 20-July 17

Posted 23 June 2019 - 04:37 PM

Agreed.

His logic is bewildering as well. It's OK that we (Scotland) lost to the Kazakhs because Kairat Almaty papped us (The Famous) out of the Europa League 4 years ago?

Blithering idiot. Next stop assistant coach at some League Two dross.

Exactly he compares the national team to clubs that are full of well paid foreigners, they same national team that were pumped 4-0 in there next home game to Russia

#459 OFFLINE   G31DON

G31DON

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts
  • Joined 02-February 14

Posted 23 June 2019 - 08:29 PM

Any time fadz was asked to give some analysis when he was a pundit last season, he had absolutely nothing to say. Just this type of appointment that needed binning and not brought back if we're ever to move on.

><><>>***RARE VINYL FOR SALE ***<<><><

Primal Scream/Spiritualized/JAMC/Suede/Gil Scott Heron/James/Pale Saints/Slowdive/Chapterhouse.

https://www.ebay.co....=1&_ipg=&_from=

#460 OFFLINE   V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta

Director of Football

• Members
  • 11,371 posts
  • Joined 30-June 11

Posted 23 June 2019 - 09:34 PM

But we'll do the same again before you know it.

Jobs for the boys at the SFA. Ability not really a requirement.

Let's hope Clarke does the business and also sticks around for 2 or 3 campaigns.

#461 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 34,164 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 24 June 2019 - 07:15 AM

But we'll do the same again before you know it.

Jobs for the boys at the SFA. Ability not really a requirement.

Let's hope Clarke does the business and also sticks around for 2 or 3 campaigns.

Will we?

What so far under Clarke's tenure makes you think thst, bearing in mind the assistants he has installed?

#462 OFFLINE   V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta

Director of Football

• Members
  • 11,371 posts
  • Joined 30-June 11

Posted 24 June 2019 - 12:14 PM

Will we?

What so far under Clarke's tenure makes you think thst, bearing in mind the assistants he has installed?

Nothing.

I'm taking about once Clarke moves on - hence my comment hoping he is around for a good while.

#463 OFFLINE   HairyPie

HairyPie

Stinky Finger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts
  • Joined 08-July 16

Posted 24 June 2019 - 01:17 PM

Clarke has done nothing that a squad assembled by McLeish wouldn't have achieved. Scrambling a result against Cyprus then letting Belgium practice shooting is nothing like progress.
Russia will comfortably beat Scotland in Russia, Scotland might scramble a draw at Hampden. Playing for 3rd at best, likely finish 4th.

#464 OFFLINE   tiktak

tiktak

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts
  • Joined 18-June 16

Posted Yesterday, 06:43 PM

Clarke has done nothing that a squad assembled by McLeish wouldn't have achieved. Scrambling a result against Cyprus then letting Belgium practice shooting is nothing like progress.
Russia will comfortably beat Scotland in Russia, Scotland might scramble a draw at Hampden. Playing for 3rd at best, likely finish 4th.

Half of those wouldn't have turned up for McLeish and we would've either drawn or lost against Cyprus followed by an absolute gubbing from Belgium. I agree we're playing for third but under McLeish we'd be struggling for fourth.

The longer I stay in this world, the less I want to be part of it.

#465 OFFLINE   V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta

Director of Football

• Members
  • 11,371 posts
  • Joined 30-June 11

Posted Yesterday, 07:19 PM

Isn't that ignoring the real problem? - McLeish has already fucked this campaign with the shambles against Kazakhstan.

That's the sort of thing Clarke has to ensure doesnt happen under his watch - he's not here to turn Scotland into Belgium.

#466 OFFLINE   Parklife

Parklife

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,646 posts
  • Joined 16-December 13

Posted Yesterday, 07:21 PM

£100 charity bet that Scotland do not finish 4th or lower in the qualifying group?

#467 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 34,164 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted Yesterday, 07:45 PM

£100 charity bet that Scotland do not finish 4th or lower in the qualifying group?

You would think you had learned your lesson after last time

#468 OFFLINE   Parklife

Parklife

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,646 posts
  • Joined 16-December 13

Posted Yesterday, 08:06 PM

You would think you had learned your lesson after last time

A joke bet that I honoured, even though it was a joke, because I'm a good cunt?

You'd think you'd have learned to shut the fuck up and stop being a narcissistic, self-obsessed wee wank. Guess not.

#469 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 34,164 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted Yesterday, 08:13 PM

A joke bet that I honoured, even though it was a joke, because I'm a good cunt?

You'd think you'd have learned to shut the fuck up and stop being a narcissistic, self-obsessed wee wank. Guess not.

What poem is that from?

#470 OFFLINE   Parklife

Parklife

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,646 posts
  • Joined 16-December 13

Posted Yesterday, 08:19 PM

What poem is that from?

Belter, Millermong.

1 user(s) are browsing this forum