Fraser Signs for Bournemouth

when its put that way then its hard to argue for the club here.

Fraser has more talent is his left arse cheek than Clrak will ever have

the club messed up with Clark but if you spend your life looking over your shoulder at other folk you miss the point of this stage of his career - by staying here and proving himself to be as good conssitntly as he has been sporadically he could earn 10-20 times what he'll end up with being offered now, Anyway if the club haven't the money then there is little they can do - as K-9 said it should've been sorted out before the publicity - I would hope the club offered him a contract with get out clause but if so then fair enough - there has at least been little messing around - he's been offered a deal (derisory or not) and chosen to say no - he's taking his time getting fit from his first injury so we'll see who comes in - I'd not spend mega-bucks until I knew he was as fit and nimble again and can stand up to more than a few games before needing a rest.

Think they're actually limited to how long they're allowed to offer youth players aren't they? So it's one of those beautiful situations where (as I said in another thread) Bosman and the knock on effects have fucked up the game out of all recognition.

I'm sure we could have offered him before what, October was it? Should have been sorted ages ago. Now he's got the big time Charlie syndrome that seems to hit every promising Scottish player before they piss their career away.

pish

raging

• Upvote 1

Pish poor state of affairs. I have no objection to bringing through young players and selling them on, but only if we can get a couple of seasons out of them. Otherwise, all we are is a factory for the rich cunts down south. For them, they can let these players fester in reserves or on loan and if they never kick a ball, the costs are less than insignificant to them.

Fraser has played about fifteen games and already his agent (anyone know who it is?) has him dreaming of Old Trafford already. It's premature.

Grimmer, Fyvie and now Fraser. FFS.

Anyway, I would play him as much as possible from now on. He's been our best player this season and we should just make the most of the boy. No boo boys or any of that pish, even though I am raging.

Jon Mcleish ( Son of Eck)

I'm sure we could have offered him before what, October was it? Should have been sorted ages ago. Now he's got the big time Charlie syndrome that seems to hit every promising Scottish player before they piss their career away.

pish

raging

Yeah. Pish and raging sums it up. Totally gutted. Our most exciting player in years and ends up doing a Hignett on us.

Fucking terrible news tbh.

The most talented player I have seen for us in years.

Gutted we couldn't come to an agreement, I would like to think we pushed the boat out as much as possible but you never know with us.

Bit of a downer before tomorrow's game but there's never a good time to announce these things.

Fuck sake. Shambles. Would be interesting to know what kind of a deal he was offered but for him to want to leave and play at a higher level when he's only 18 is a bad call. Especially when he's not long broke into the team.

Who was the last young Scottish player to leave an SPL when a teenager and make the breakthrough? Steven Fletcher stayed and developed at Hibs and look at him now.

Bad call Fraser - very short sighted

Would imagine McCarthy made the right move down south at the right time.

The fact that young talent are walking away from the club without a penny in our pockets is shameful... Shameful on Fraser and his agent for forgetting where they've come from and shameful on the club for not tying this shit up properly... How hard can that actually be ?

As has been already said I'd have offered a 2 year contract with a 2-3 million sell on clause - free to go if someone offers that for him.

Fucking disappointed in our club again...

He's been great for us this season and is a really good young player by SPL standards. Totally different game down south though, could be years before he's back playing first team football, and he's only had a few months of it here.

Very disappointing that his agent has swayed his head like this, and let's face it it definitely is his agent and no one else. I'd imagine Fraser would've been quite happy to stay before his agent got involved. If it's money that's motivating him, then that's just typical of young society today. Far too many people my age are motivated merely by money. A disgusting culture.

Whilst I'd like to see him stay for as long as possible, I feel we should be trying to get him sold in January. If him and his agent feel he's ready to play at a level higher than the SPL then there must be offers ready for him, so let's make these clubs pay up rather than hold out merely to pay a compensation fee.

I don't know if Muttonhumper was being serious but my instant reaction is what he posted...so called Aberdeen fan fucks off after playing a small amount of games.

I think he's magic but I am disgusted in the little cunt. Hopefully he fucks off in January so I don't have to put up with any more mesmirising runs.

To the people saying we offered peanuts, the manager has made it clear how highly they rate him and all the other youngsters have signed up, it's clear we've offered the best we can afford, irrespective of what Clark may have been offered.

He's a judas cunt, wouldn't be surprised to see him line up for the huns with his lack of loyalty. It was us that gave him a platform and he's thrown it back in our faces.

• Upvote 8

I don't know if Muttonhumper was being serious but my instant reaction is what he posted...so called Aberdeen fan fucks off after playing a small amount of games.

I think he's magic but I am disgusted in the little cunt. Hopefully he fucks off in January so I don't have to put up with any more mesmirising runs.

To the people saying we offered peanuts, the manager has made it clear how highly they rate him and all the other youngsters have signed up, it's clear we've offered the best we can afford, irrespective of what Clark may have been offered.

He's a judas cunt, wouldn't be surprised to see him line up for the huns with his lack of loyalty. It was us that gave him a platform and he's thrown it back in our faces.

Problem is if the "best we can afford" is less than dross like Clark are on then its the Club we should be directing our anger at, we will never know!

At least Fyvie was shite and we never got to see Grimmer. This one is hitting me bad.

It makes you wonder what's the fucking point.

Youth programme designed to blood fresh players into the first team but anyone half decent is fucking off after minimum/no (Grimmer) game time.

Wonder why Dundee United and Hibs in the past never had this problem...

• Upvote 2

Steady on...Get in the real world for a minute...If he's been offered our best...I suggest

• Downvote 5

We dont seem to learn, Fyvie, Grimmer and now Fraser.

Who is next....!?

I think they have learnt: Shaughnessy, Jordon Brown, Cammy Smith and Dec McManus have all recently signed new deals. Problem with Fraser is that they didn't know if he was worth a new contract until he started to play well in the SPL, by which point is has proved to be too late.

I do however think that we should be tying more youngsters down to deals before they get first team action (kind of like what we've done with McManus). Better to take a gamble on some in my opinion rather than lose potential gems for nothing.

It makes you wonder what's the fucking point.

Youth programme designed to blood fresh players into the first team but anyone half decent is fucking off after minimum/no (Grimmer) game time.

Wonder why Dundee United and Hibs in the past never had this problem...

Well Said.

What is actually the point of the youth system when all it does is cost money and the cunts down south just cherrypick all the best players? I fucking love watching Ryan Fraser as well, this hurts...

• Upvote 1