Holidays 2017

Poodler

Off to Berlin next week. I've been before so looking to do a few more unusual things than the main toursity stuff.

Anyone able to recommend something a bit more unusual that they've done?

You could jump off the TV tower, that would be pretty unusual.

More seriously, Mauerpark is often good for live music. Its in Prenzlauerberg, my favourite part of the city. It is also near the Prater Beer Garden which is good for a few jars.

Enjoy the city anyway.

• Upvote 1

You could jump off the TV tower, that would be pretty unusual.

More seriously, Mauerpark is often good for live music. Its in Prenzlauerberg, my favourite part of the city. It is also near the Prater Beer Garden which is good for a few jars.

Enjoy the city anyway.

Thanks for that! We were looking to go up to the Berlin Wall Memorial anyway(despite having been to Berlin 4 times previously, i;ve never been up there), so that would tie in perfectly with that. Thanks :sheepdance:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My aunt lives in Ely.

Have zero desire to visit there or Cambridge.

We actually visited Ely for a few hours one afternoon, I thought it seemed lovely / very historic. It has a magnificent pre-reformation Cathedral and a lovely river-side waterfront - we were just passing through, but it looked like it might be a good place for an outside dinner / pint on a summers eve.

Cambridge was lovely too, but absolutely heaving with large tourists groups - the big groups of Chinese tourists reminded me of being in Rome actually!

Funnily enough, with you being in Australia - there is a small village on the edge of Ely called Queen Adelaide. It was apparently named after a pub, which - like the Australian City - was named after Queen Adelaide herself!

We actually visited Ely for a few hours one afternoon, I thought it seemed lovely / very historic. It has a magnificent pre-reformation Cathedral and a lovely river-side waterfront - we were just passing through, but it looked like it might be a good place for an outside dinner / pint on a summers eve.

Cambridge was lovely too, but absolutely heaving with large tourists groups - the big groups of Chinese tourists reminded me of being in Rome actually!

Funnily enough, with you being in Australia - there is a small village on the edge of Ely called Queen Adelaide. It was apparently named after a pub, which - like the Australian City - was named after Queen Adelaide herself!

Only thing to really do while in Cambridge is recreate Syd Barrett's acid trip