Films

8 hours ago, Bluto10 said:

aye cracking film.

good dialogue 

don’t like the end tho, seems weak.

(unlike say the ending of goodfellas, with claptons Layla. unforgettable both the film and song)

Was Layla not midway through goodfellas, whilst they scan across the dead folk involved in the money theft?

It's 'my way' (Sid vicious cover) at the end. 

• 4 weeks later...

The Host (2020) 

A 50ish minute horror made during lockdown last year. The whole thing is filmed in "zoom" with a few friends doing a séance together, and as you can imagine something goes awry.

It's not bad actually, it's definitely creepy in moments and you're never really sure what's going to happen, where it's going to happen or to who so you're flicking your eyes back and forth between the different people on the call.

Pretty low budget so don't expect too much. 

7/10  (NT)

Key:

• NT - No tits
  • ST - Some tits
  • LT - Tits Galore

29 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Decent. Was a bit disappointed tbh. The actor who played Dickie Moltisanti was great though. 

I felt there were a few too many nods to the series, in terms of wee bits referencing back to it. 

I guess hoping it'd live up to the TV series was overly optimistic. 

Still sounds worth going to see then.

On 9/23/2021 at 3:52 PM, Parklife said:

Decent. Was a bit disappointed tbh. The actor who played Dickie Moltisanti was great though. 

I felt there were a few too many nods to the series, in terms of wee bits referencing back to it. 

I guess hoping it'd live up to the TV series was overly optimistic. 

Just watched it. Been watching reruns of tv series and a sopranos podcast and thought it would be worse than it was. 

I liked it and I liked the nods and winks to sopranos like junior saying about Tony “he’ll never make it as a varsity athlete”

couldn’t help thinking junior reminded me of Ad Edmonson from bottom. 

wee bit hammy from the guys that played young sil and Paulie. No way did young Janice resemble the rotund lady of the tv series. 

7.5/10. 

I would agree with you re guy playing dickie montesanti; hadn’t heard of him and he was excellent. 

Spoiler alert but I think it highly unlikely junior would have him whacked largely because he laughed at him hurting his back. 

Guest milne_afc
5 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

Ha! Same.

Some of the Wopisms were totally over the top. Overall I thought it was shite.

On 10/3/2021 at 8:17 PM, elephantstone78 said:

Just watched it. Been watching reruns of tv series and a sopranos podcast and thought it would be worse than it was. 

I liked it and I liked the nods and winks to sopranos like junior saying about Tony “he’ll never make it as a varsity athlete”

wee bit hammy from the guys that played young sil and Paulie. No way did young Janice resemble the rotund lady of the tv series. 

7.5/10. 

I would agree with you re guy playing dickie montesanti; hadn’t heard of him and he was excellent. 

Spoiler alert but I think it highly unlikely junior would have him whacked largely because he laughed at him hurting his back. 

He couldNt have been more hammy than the actual Sil. Easily the worst  part of The Sopranos.