Peter Pawlett

Entering the final year of his contract, so massive season for him.

Agree with everyone above, nasty wee edge to him game, that all good players have. would love to see him succeed here, but.....

Not convinced he has enough in his locker, other than pace and that dirty edge, but Mackie had that too, and it ain't enough. Needs to be able to pass the ball, and cross a ball.

can't believe you are even mentioning pawlett and mackie in the same sentence. pawlett has more talent in one of his oxter pubes than mackie ever had in his entire lego man like frame. injuries have so far prevented pawlett fulfilling his potential. hopefully next season he'll stay injury free.

can't believe you are even mentioning pawlett and mackie in the same sentence. pawlett has more talent in one of his oxter pubes than mackie ever had in his entire lego man like frame. injuries have so far prevented pawlett fulfilling his potential. hopefully next season he'll stay injury free.

:laughing: ebbe still managing to get a dig in at Mackie!! :laughing:

:laughing: ebbe still managing to get a dig in at Mackie!! :laughing:

joking aside, surely it's wrong to compare the 2? 1 is a young guy with bags of potential who has been hampered by injury which is absolutely not his fault, the other is an ageing idiot incapable of doing anything with a football which is absolutely his fault.

I'm jist saying that you need more than just pace and aggression to be a good footballer, and Mackie proves that.

Nae comparing the two players as such, just saying that PP needs to add more to his game for me to be convinced that he'll ever achieve anything more than Mackie ever did. Staying injury free would be a big help.

I'm jist saying that you need more than just pace and aggression to be a good footballer, and Mackie proves that.

Nae comparing the two players as such, just saying that PP needs to add more to his game for me to be convinced that he'll ever achieve anything more than Mackie ever did. Staying injury free would be a big help.

good man. :thumbup1:

here's hoping :crossfingers:, he can waltz past man and put in decent service when he's on his game.

• 1 month later...

I had a quick read of the Pee & Jay this morning and Pawlett has said play me or send me out on loan to Pa Broon.

He feels he needs 1st team games at this stage and feels as good fitness wise just now than he has before.

He'll be fit until his rapidly approaching next injury.

• 3 years later...

Mind the goals in particular he scored against St Johnstone, Utd and Celtic during McInnes first full season...he felt like the man to build the team around. That guy must still be in there somewhere.

I don't think that player has ever really disappeared.

Pawlett's success in the 13/14 season was largely down to the fact that his hamstring problem had been resolved by Graham Kirk. Thus he was able to get run of games spanning more than 2 or 3 appearances for the first time in his career. Deployed in a new position, and he was a massive surprise to opposition teams. Even though he'd been with us a few years, several teams didn't really know how to handle his pace at all, given he was winning so many free kicks as well.

Opposition teams wised up to that though. From the latter stages of the 13/14 season he's never really been allowed the same space that he was getting at the beginning of that season. It's revealed his limitations. His main asset is his pace. He can't really beat a man with the ball at his feet.

Don't think there's much more that he can do, or we can do for him. I'd be keen to keep him, but doubt he'll be regarded as a starter again.

he is on one year deal now so like all the other players in that situation if they find themselves not in the side regularly in the first half of the season they'll probably be getting the goodwillie/magennis treatment with a loan out and no return to pittodrie

• 3 weeks later...
Guest milne_afc

Was that the last of Pawlett, tonight?

Whatever it was he had, is no longer there. Best for all if he moved on to restart his career.

Was that the last of Pawlett, tonight?

Whatever it was he had, is no longer there. Best for all if he moved on to restart his career.

Hard to blame pawlett really - can say any player "had" anything tonight - any of 11 could have been suibstituted at 1/2 time and deserved it