Sevco Thread

things is good bad full of bile hatred what ever rangers celtic selling point as a game is the "atmosphere" that surrounds it. people talk of wanting to experience the "atmosphere" of a Glasgow derby

now usually the game itself is pretty crap and no thrilling football of display the game is rarely a "clash of the titans" but again good bad full of bile and sectarianism it has an atmosphere that the TV want to exploit and people want to experience

with a sub(human) away support of less than 1000 that atmosphere has just completely disappeared - the selling point of these games to new players or staff has gone its just a normal SPFL game now

I think it's a sign that the bit of Gerrard showbiz has them all buying season tickets.

Reckon they'll sell more than last year now.

Great move by king to mug their fans off just when season ticket renewals were about to drop off.

He might be a conscienceless orphan robbing carpet bagger but he knows how to milk the Hun fans even better then Charlie Green and Davie Murray did.

They're a hilarious bunch

When Gerrard was first linked, every Hun forum was full of threads rubbishing the notion, the famous glesga rainjurs would never appoint someone with no experience as Manager, King out etc if this happens

However, now your average hun on forums on twitter is giving it the big 'un, we're back, WATP, Going for Ge55ard :clangers2:

They have completely bought into the glitz and glamour of it all, conveniently forgetting that they've hired a thick, Scouse cunt who hasn't managed any football club, ever

I fucking cannot WAIT for it all to unravel - again :lolrangers:

Daft cunts are jizzing over an extra 3 million quid income because of more season tickets...............err no, I think the virtually sold out that stand every game last season and individual game tickets are more expensive than ST's....add to that that they hike the price up for away fans, especially celtic fans and will now have to charge them the same price as hun fans in the same stand........they are gonna lose money !! :swear:

Not sure they'll lose money from this.

But it will certainly mean more of the money comes in up front and less will be coming in to the club week to week during the season.

Which will likely make the mid season panic loans twice as big as usual next season.

King is really gambling the whole club in attracting new money by spending everything they can ASAP on attention catching shit like Gerrard.

It's selling season books but will it attract any investors - that's the real gamble.

Their only other way out would be to manage to sell one of their players for serious money.

Another way to look at it is that I think everyone sees that Celtic were/are going stale. By cutting the away support all theyve done is given them something to play for again.

Am I right in saying we should be Pittodrie for them first this coming season? Otherwise I reckon wed be a stick on for one of the first maybe three games at Mordor. Arrogant bastards might even have chanced us for opening day.

Another way to look at it is that I think everyone sees that Celtic were/are going stale. By cutting the away support all theyve done is given them something to play for again.

Am I right in saying we should be Pittodrie for them first this coming season? Otherwise I reckon wed be a stick on for one of the first maybe three games at Mordor. Arrogant bastards might even have chanced us for opening day.

Would not be surprised is their first game (which should be away) is up here or at Easter Road, and aye we are due to play them twice up her before the split next seaon

Not sure they'll lose money from this.

But it will certainly mean more of the money comes in up front and less will be coming in to the club week to week during the season.

Which will likely make the mid season panic loans twice as big as usual next season.

King is really gambling the whole club in attracting new money by spending everything they can ASAP on attention catching shit like Gerrard.

It's selling season books but will it attract any investors - that's the real gamble.

Their only other way out would be to manage to sell one of their players for serious money.

They don't have one who would attract serious money, not even close.

They don't have one who would attract serious money, not even close.

Agreed. And not even one or two decent players they could spare. Tavernier has never impressed me, Young Deano (the other less good one) is all heart, Dorans, Murphy? Fuck off. Jack? Hahahahahahaha.

Possibly McRorie but, as I say, doubt they could replace him. And I suppose theyll have to pay for Docherty before they can sell him?

first away game for Rangers will be us, hibs or hearts

No way will spfl, BT or Sky want to show "Gerrards first game" at Hamilton with the double decker in the background or Ross county with its tiny stands. They will want a big crowd to show "the stevie effect" They will also be hoping like mad for a Gerrard win so they can say "the race is on" as they have "beaten a rival" or it will be "what now for Rangers"

My money is on one of the Edinburgh clubs, probably hearts

Sure i read somewhere that with the dates of the Europa Cup qualifiers, sevco would have to face either us or Hibs on the first Sunday of the new season. I'll stick my neck out and say that Sky or BT Sports will want a box office cracker to kick off the new season so it will be us v sevco at Pittodrie first up......

There is a guy at my work who is a rabid hun, although seems to have a sensible head on him... if such a thing is possible. He is a ST holder and travels down on the Peterhead supporters bus every week and he is one of the few who inst buying into this Gerrard hype. He fucking hates King and thinks it's all a massive gamble with the club is making rash decisions for short term gain. Reckons they are taking one last big roll of the dice in an effort to topple Celtic and says that once upon a time Scottish football was big enough for both Rangers and Celtic, but in today's climate it can only benefit one of them. He says he can see why King is doing this, but thinks it will damage them long term if it fails. True to an extent and it seems not all huns are on board the King/Gerarrd train. Still a cunt though!!

Sure i read somewhere that with the dates of the Europa Cup qualifiers, sevco would have to face either us or Hibs on the first Sunday of the new season. I'll stick my neck out and say that Sky or BT Sports will want a box office cracker to kick off the new season so it will be us v sevco at Pittodrie first up......

probably more to do with teams in QR2 will have to be shifted to the Sunday so in some ways it would make sense to have us play each other to minimise disruption and assist with TV Scheduling. will be the same on the weekend of the 11th and also for Bet fred round 1 if we are in QR3 as league cup is on a Saturday this year.

potential if all Scottish representatives do well in Europe in the first 3 weekends of fixtures you could have upto 4 out of 6 league games moved to sunday and 4 of the 8 league cup games switched to sunday. in some ways it would make sense for euro teams to be "linked" in the first 2 league games

Lose that and we'll get relegated IMO.

first away game for Rangers will be us, hibs or hearts

No way will spfl, BT or Sky want to show "Gerrards first game" at Hamilton with the double decker in the background or Ross county with its tiny stands. They will want a big crowd to show "the stevie effect" They will also be hoping like mad for a Gerrard win so they can say "the race is on" as they have "beaten a rival" or it will be "what now for Rangers"

My money is on one of the Edinburgh clubs, probably hearts

Ross County? FFS, this place.

Stan Collymore laying into the huns on Twitter last night and at the same time pandering to the victims. Below is what he tweeted. While I always like to see the huns being ripped into publicly and called out for the sectarian scum that they truly are his pandering to Celtic does him no favours at all as he is either blatantly bypassing (or is just ignorant) to a lot of what they stand for and their own rather chequered past.

Celtic Football Club. Founded on feeding local population. Protestant, Catholic, black? Play for us. Contribute.

Rangers Football Club. Founded to promote an image of superiority, Empire and exclusion. A club who actively excluded 50% of its demographic.

If I'm wrong, SUE ME.

Not sure it's the wisest of battles for collymore to get into... why has he laid into rangers? Can't be just a random attack haha

It's not a random attack he's been laying into them for a few years now. Like you say though not the wisest of battles for Collymore to get into as he himself has far too many sticks to beat him with regarding his own chequered past.

I did have to laugh at the hypocrisy of some of the predictable hun retorts calling Collymore low life fe scum because he beats women. This coming from the same "peepul" that worship wife beating Paul Gascoigne as some sort of god.

A few more tweets from "Stan The Man" last night. He's certainly got the hump with the great unwashed of Govan:-

"I had a shirt, aged 17, after a lad in my street extolled the virtues of the Union and Britishness.

I know know much of that is bullshit, and a front for racism.

Fuck them and everything they stand for.

The people held me back and I still was more successful than 99.9% of them"

"I realised after my teenage years, that many of you are right wing fruitcakes. My bad.

I despise everything you stand for. Hope that's clear enough.

You're not the people, you're a vestige of yesteryear, and in 100 years, you'll be extinct.

Hail Fucking Hail."