Snp Tackle Racism By Introducing Racist Policies

The SNP are to introduce more "positive discrimination" to ensure public services "reflect scottish society". So they are going to tackle racism by being racist. Brilliant eh?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14374236.Ministers_launch_drive_to_stamp_out_racism_by_2030_with_expansion_in_positive_discrimination/

Why is it not adequate that everyone has a fair crack at applying for jobs?

Does Sturgeon really think this represents "equality" as opposed to gerrymandered bullshit?

Surely as taxpayers, we have the right to the best value for our money - which means the person with the best skills/experience getting the job, not someone being appointed (or giving a helping hand) on the basis of their identity?

• Downvote 6

Unfortunately if government doesn't mandate treating people fairly there's a track record of people treating each other like shite... something that magnifies in the treatment of minorities.

Expecting everyone to treat each other as equals is like expecting your kids to tidy their bedrooms without being told. They're not going to do it, so you need an adult to tell them to get it done.

Why is anyone allowed to be treated as equal in our society when some of them have contributed absolutely fuck all thus far compared to some, who have contributed to our state economy their whole lives?

Too many people, not enough jobs!

I vote we ship off all the undesirables to a barren place, then in 100 years or so, it'll become a destination where everyone wants to go on holiday to and hot student birds will want to do a gap year to find themselves there.

The Catholics have never been given a fair go in Scotland...Scotland's shame.

Give the poor Catholics a fair go...and the 'pooves'...and the poor lassies who don't want to give birth...and the poor kids who have been the victims of the paedos...etc, etc

'Positive discrimination'? A fair go? Coming from C_S? Fuck right off, you twat.

• Downvote 1

The Catholics have never been given a fair go in Scotland...Scotland's shame.

Give the poor Catholics a fair go...and the 'pooves'...and the poor lassies who don't want to give birth...and the poor kids who have been the victims of the paedos...etc, etc

'Positive discrimination'? A fair go? Coming from C_S? Fuck right off, you twat.

Wow, I didn't think we could get a worse post on this topic that Dave_Min and Captain Cavemans efforts, but - hats off - you did it and by quite a margin!

Mongs must be like buses - come along in threes.

Im not even really sure what you are on about above, want to give us a starter for 10? Then we could maybe put you right!

Why is anyone allowed to be treated as equal in our society when some of them have contributed absolutely fuck all thus far compared to some, who have contributed to our state economy their whole lives?

Too many people, not enough jobs!

You have to give people equal opportunity surely, else someone could never turn their life around.

But that means allowing everyone the same chance, not doing it in a very contrived and unfair way like this govt scheme.

Unfortunately if government doesn't mandate treating people fairly there's a track record of people treating each other like shite... something that magnifies in the treatment of minorities.

Expecting everyone to treat each other as equals is like expecting your kids to tidy their bedrooms without being told. They're not going to do it, so you need an adult to tell them to get it done.

Good points, but here is the govt not tidying some peoples rooms for them?

One thing I found amusing was, "It also cites a survey that found 45 per cent of Scots felt the country would begin to lose its identity if more black and Asian people moved in "

Keeping in mind Scotland is a region that voted to maintain a situation whereby it is subservient and secondary to Anglo Saxon rule.

One thing I found amusing was, "It also cites a survey that found 45 per cent of Scots felt the country would begin to lose its identity if more black and Asian people moved in "

Keeping in mind Scotland is a region that voted to maintain a situation whereby it is subservient and secondary to Anglo Saxon rule.

OOh I daresay this would be better placed in the independence thread ;)

How can every one have the same chance when there are too many people for not enough jobs?

Same chance at applying I mean; in terms of no-one is disadvantaged based on who they are, so that its only skills/experience who dictate who gets a job.

(To be honest I think thats pretty much how things work just now, which is why I resented the goverment announcing their intervention)

I can see both sides of it to be honest. I'd be pissed off if I was best qualified but someone else got the job due to their ethnicity.

On the other side though, you have to wonder why there are such inequalities in management etc. Is it a skills gap or is it discrimination? If it is skills gap, then you address that through access to education (then I am sure we'd have that classed as positive discrimination as well). If it is discrimination, then policies like this come in to play.

I'd be for changes in culture rather than outright policy, but that doesn't always work.