Liverpool Go Too Far

After their disgraceful display in support of a murderer on Moday, the FA have stepped in

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/de...michael-shields

The Football Association is to write to Liverpool for an explanation into the orchestrated support shown for the jailed fan Michael Shields during Monday's 0-0 draw with West Ham United at Anfield.

Officials at Soho Square are considering whether to bring disciplinary charges after taking exception at the manner in which Liverpool have publicly backed a man who has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for the attempted murder of a Bulgarian waiter, Martin Georgiev, in May 2005.

Another Liverpool fan admitted being responsible for the crime before later retracting his confession and Shields' case will go before a high court review tomorrow. The FA, however, is alarmed that Liverpool should openly use a live televised game to try to influence the matter.

Rafael Ben

I've read a very detailed account (will try to find it and post it here) of what has happened in this case; it would appear corrupt Bulgarian authorities marched into his hotel room and arrested him, forcing a signed confession without transaltor etc when he has allies that put him very far from the scene of the crime.

I saw a documentary on him on BBC and he may be guilty but that isn't the point, it was illegal the way the trial and arrest went about any way so on that alone he should be released.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/149...ted-murder.html

What I don't get is this, on Monday night they're all saying this guy is innocent which is fair enough if that's what they believe. But, why didn't they then say "But someone here knows who did this... so confess and let this guy have his life back", but then that wouldn't be fitting in with the "Self Pity City" and "Scousers stick together" attitude they have.

I've read a very detailed account (will try to find it and post it here) of what has happened in this case; it would appear corrupt Bulgarian authorities marched into his hotel room and arrested him, forcing a signed confession without transaltor etc when he has allies that put him very far from the scene of the crime.
Not saying you're totally wrong, but we've got a young lawyer on the Bolton forum who is pretty up to speed on the ins and outs of whats gone on.

Was thrown out by the EC of Human Rights which was the first thing they tried to discredit the Bulgarians, they didn;t even consider it worth reviewing. Then when you look at the case itself, witnesses for the defence were his four mates, who all amazingly had reason throughout the night at different times, to go into Shields room for one reason or another, all were able to "confirm" that he was lying in his bed snoring his head off throughout.

The other "confession" has apparently (despite Sankey being a bit of scum even for a Scouser) been discredited as false, and just an attempt to "prove" that Shields didn't do it.

The slant that the UK press, and of course the scallys have peddled, is that it's the usual case of a Brit being done wrong to abroad, however the more I read, the less this seems to be the case.

What I don't get is this, on Monday night they're all saying this guy is innocent which is fair enough if that's what they believe. But, why didn't they then say "But someone here knows who did this... so confess and let this guy have his life back", but then that wouldn't be fitting in with the "Self Pity City" and "Scousers stick together" attitude they have.

BB, there is a thread on RAWK with a petition to get Shields out, I posted the very same question that you did, not a single response, not one. As usual they are happy to let a murderer run around in their midst, whether that be someone who hasn;t been caught, or whether it actually is Shields, as long as one of their own isn't in jail they'll be happy.

They are frigging despicable people.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index....seen#msg3389466

I saw a documentary on him on BBC and he may be guilty but that isn't the point, it was illegal the way the trial and arrest went about any way so on that alone he should be released.

sorry but IF he is guilty that is the point. if he did it i'd be thankful he is in jail and away from the streets.

agreed

BB, there is a thread on RAWK with a petition to get Shields out, I posted the very same question that you did, not a single response, not one. As usual they are happy to let a murderer run around in their midst, whether that be someone who hasn;t been caught, or whether it actually is Shields, as long as one of their own isn't in jail they'll be happy.

They are frigging despicable people.

Tut. :dontknow: Muppet.

Tell me Fatshaft, seeing as you make up a story to make this lad worse

than he's meant to be, do you happen to have a dislike of scousers ?

Have you had a run in with them ?

Haven't made up any story, I've posted the links. The Scousers are trying to make out he's whiter than white, based on evidence that is laughably made up. On balance of the evidence presented for his coviction, and that of his mates who says he was asleep all night, you'd have to call him guilty as charged. Obviously we don't know the whole story, but we have access to as much info as his fellow La's, and to say this is a miscarraige of justice is stretching things even for the murderers.

I had more than enough of the lazy, lying, dishonest, devious, aggressive ***** when I lived in the isle of man, the stereotype does them no justice at all, far too soft.