Motherwell V Aberdeen (0 - 2)

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see McNamara is complaining again - saying his player didn't deserve to get sent off. Fuck off Jackie, he grabbed a player by the throat right in front of the ref. McNamara is fast becoming the person I least like in Scottish fitba. He needs to learn to lose gracefully. He also needs to lay the blame for the loss closer to home - if the smelly Turk hadn't lost his sense of discipline and been sent off, United would very likely be in the semi-final draw.

Where are the semis going to be played? I'd be happy with Inverness at Tynecastle.

Since Copernicus postulated the heliocentric model for our solar system in the early 1500s, further supported by Gallileo in the early 1600s and since proven with modern observation techniques, it is plain to see that the Sun doesn't rise anywhere. What you are witnessing is an illusion apparent only to those standing on the orbiting, rotating Earth.

I think The Dons will win.

Think you'd better break that bad news to the Japanese then... they seem to think they are the Land of the Rising Sun.

It's this manager and group of players (well some of them) first chance to win a trophy - and it'll be them who get the brunt of the reaction if we don't win, whatever the circumstances.

It doesn't matter how many attempts have been made. It will not alter the fact that, as supporters, we've suffered years of heart break.

With Dundee United and Celtic knocked out, and Rangers FC dead, there has never been a better opportunity since we last won a trophy. If we lose tonight and supporters want to fly off the handle - then they are entitled to do so IMO. If we lose it's going to hurt. Really badly. Some folk handle these circumstances better than others. For those who don't handle it well... I can understand and I can sympathise.

It doesn't matter how many attempts have been made. It will not alter the fact that, as supporters, we've suffered years of heart break.

With Dundee United and Celtic knocked out, and Rangers FC dead, there has never been a better opportunity since we last won a trophy. If we lose tonight and supporters want to fly off the handle - then they are entitled to do so IMO. If we lose it's going to hurt. Really badly. Some folk handle these circumstances better than others. For those who don't handle it well... I can understand and I can sympathise.

Depends on the circumstances. If we play well and are unlucky then would be extremely harsh.

if we are really shit like Hibs last season, fill your boots.

Anyway, hopefully we play well and win, and everyone will celebrate.

This is not the correct mindset to have though. It doesn't matter how many years have passed since we last lifted a trophy or had that sweet taste of success in our life. It doesn't give us any right to have more expectations, just because it's been 18 years, same as it doesn't matter if it's 8 years or 80 years. The more pressure that is applied to the team, the management, the board etc, from the fans, just makes it more difficult to achieve that success.

To be honest, no one denies that a team of our standing in Scotland should have gone for this long without winning something. But the game, the competition, should be isolated from anything that has gone on in the past, and to use an old cliche, we should just treat this as a 'one game at a time' situation, and forget about winning the trophy.

The players, most of whom were just knee high to a grass hopper when we last lifted a trophy, should have a desire to succeed for themselves, for their families, and for the club. But being driven (haunted) by the ghosts of Roy Aitken, and our subsequent plethora of failed managers and past players, should be parked to one side.

Forget the past, and let's focus on the here and now. I'm sure that's what McInnes will be saying to his players tonight in any case. 90/120 mins in which to win a game of football.... that's the ONLY things that should be paramount in their minds.