Craig Bryson Signs

There will be no Lowe news until the very last minute. Until Forsyth's fitness issues are resolved, having released Ashley Cole, Lowe is at present the back-up to Malone. If Forsyth isn't fit by the start of the English season then I think we can kiss goodbye to any chance of Lowe returning. Our best hope was that Derby had gotten promoted and they'd signed an EPL class left back. 

Also as much as Malone was first choice under Lampard does not mean he will be under a new manager. Lowe has the ability to go straight in to that Derby team IMO.

Also as much as Malone was first choice under Lampard does not mean he will be under a new manager. Lowe has the ability to go straight in to that Derby team IMO.

I watched the 2 games he played for Derby in January. For whatever reason (inexperience? nerves?? just not good enough??????) he was totally out of his depth. I'd put a large wedge on that, barring injury to Malone in pre-season, Lowe will not be first choice. What happens to him all revolves around Forsyth at present. If Forsyth is fit by the season starting, we might have a chance of getting Lowe back. But given that Forsyth has missed dirty great chunks of his career in the past 3 years through injury, even if he is fit Derby might still decide to keep Lowe as back up and try to loan out (maybe even let go on a free) Forsyth instead. 

And Forsyth would very much be a typical McInnes signing btw 

• Downvote 1

I watched the 2 games he played for Derby in January. For whatever reason (inexperience? nerves?? just not good enough??????) he was totally out of his depth. I'd put a large wedge on that, barring injury to Malone in pre-season, Lowe will not be first choice. What happens to him all revolves around Forsyth at present. If Forsyth is fit by the season starting, we might have a chance of getting Lowe back. But given that Forsyth has missed dirty great chunks of his career in the past 3 years through injury, even if he is fit Derby might still decide to keep Lowe as back up and try to loan out (maybe even let go on a free) Forsyth instead. 

And Forsyth would very much be a typical McInnes signing btw 

Well one of the games was against premiership opposition in Southampton and one was against Leeds who were flying at the time. I watched the Leeds game and yes he didn't have a great game but he was up against a winger in Jack Clarke who was sensational that night. I can't comment on him in the Southampton game as I didn't see it. He then got another good few games under his belt up here and is a right good player so to write him off in this season coming based on two games back in january is just nonsense. 

I've seen enough of Malone to believe IMO that Lowe could quite easily displace the lad. Just remember Maddison went back to Norwich in January and couldn't get in the match day squads. New season starts with a new manager and he plays every week and is sold on for 20 million plus. All ifs and buts and a large amount depends on what happens with the manager situation at Derby. 

Good watch this shows how much Bryson was loved by the Derby fans and his teammates past and present.

Love the bit around the 12 minute mark where he says he's come to Aberdeen to play in big games, to be successful and to try to win the league. Exactly the type of character we need a few more like him are required.

I think this is the most exciting signing McInnes has made for us ever.

Lewis, Ferguson Rooney etc. turned out great but none of them got me as optimistic as this one at time of signing.

Obviously it's going to be very hard to top Joe Lewis but Bryson certainly has the abilities to be a far better signing.

Hope we get a few great years from him.

He's a winner.

Couple more in to compliment this level of signing & I really could start to believe we could win the league.

Certainly get Europa groups. Which whilst it would gain us more money than winning the league would I still want the league.

I would even take a Scottish cup win over Europa groups.

All of above would be smashing though.

More Bryson caliber signings please. Let's kick on.

But with more mileage

That video was brilliant and is testimony to the man as much as the player

We are the envy of most clubs getting him and I have no doubt he will prove even better than shinnie

It's also a testament to mcinnes too and the pulling power he has

(No india jokes required)

As long as he stays fit no reason whatsoever why he shouldn't have more mileage left in him than Robson did when he came here.

Would love to have seen a midfield trio of Bryson, Shinnie and Ferguson.

From that video and all the comments it's clear what a proper quality player we've signed. He has a great attitude and seems to still have plenty of desire. Top signing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Exactly what we needed in the middle of the park. As said above it feels a bit like the Robson signing at the time but we are getting someone closer to his peak, the ‘winner’ attitude is just as key though. Having someone like that alongside some of the younger heads has to be a good thing. Well played to Derek.

https://youtu.be/SuZXljwCH9U

Good watch this shows how much Bryson was loved by the Derby fans and his teammates past and present.

Love the bit around the 12 minute mark where he says he's come to Aberdeen to play in big games, to be successful and to try to win the league. Exactly the type of character we need a few more like him are required.

Love this guy already. He'd better be able to live up to the hype.

Guest milne_afc

Bryson is on the scale of what we thought we were getting with Maloney last season.

Season before last, wasn't it? Took GMS instead.