What Are You Having For Your Lunch?

tup

27 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Half a melon. Sardines on toasted tiger bread. Small glass of milk.

The melon was edible for a change. Still not the nectar of taste we get elsewhere in the world but they send us the worst fruit and veg cos UK shoppers are the least discerning. Some don't even have one a day let alone five.

@Parklife you've also lived in continental Europe. Did you buy your fruit and veg at the Monoprix's or the E Le Clerc's or the Carrefours etc. or did you get it daily from the wee independent stalls? I'm sure your experience of fruit and veg in the UK is as poor as mine?

Any tips? We don't have "posh supermarkets" in Aberdeen but Sainsburys seem to have better quality than the rest (but still not as good as the normal in Europe). Only once have I tasted a proper mango that came anywhere close to what we got in HK but that was a wholesaler supplying a quality independent restaurant in the NE so I'm sure there will be ways to get good fruit and veg in this country?

I was only 13-14, so it was really up to my folks where we got stuff ? 

I'd agree the quality was far better though. The variety, at least to me, was far better too. Particularly in regards to veg. 

34 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Half a melon. Sardines on toasted tiger bread. Small glass of milk.

The melon was edible for a change. Still not the nectar of taste we get elsewhere in the world but they send us the worst fruit and veg cos UK shoppers are the least discerning. Some don't even have one a day let alone five.

@Parklife you've also lived in continental Europe. Did you buy your fruit and veg at the Monoprix's or the E Le Clerc's or the Carrefours etc. or did you get it daily from the wee independent stalls? I'm sure your experience of fruit and veg in the UK is as poor as mine?

Any tips? We don't have "posh supermarkets" in Aberdeen but Sainsburys seem to have better quality than the rest (but still not as good as the normal in Europe). Only once have I tasted a proper mango that came anywhere close to what we got in HK but that was a wholesaler supplying a quality independent restaurant in the NE so I'm sure there will be ways to get good fruit and veg in this country?

A few of these suppliers branched out into home delivery now due to the downturn in business from restaurants etc.

Still hit or miss though.

3 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

I lied (or could be classed as my afternoon snack) 

went out for the menu of the day 

1 x Scrambled eggs with fried onions, bacon and asparagus 

1 x Entrecôte (rare) chips and red pepper 

1 x Red Fruit Cheesecake 

1 x Some bread 

1 x Glass of vino tinto 

€11.30 the bloody lot 

Bargain at twice the price.