Cricket

Nobody forced me into this thread either. I just wanted to take a shit in here cos cricket is so appallingly bad.

Nice to read that ABE is happening though, whatever the competition, shit or not.

• Upvote 1

Adelaide has been amazing so far...

Tale of two poor captaining decisions. Firstly Root putting Aus in to bat first. Built up a good lead before England collapsed.

Looked like Aus had it sewn up after the first innings... but with the ball going absolutely crazy, during the last night session, it was Smiths turn to make a poor decision. Turned down the option to put England back in, under incredibly difficult conditions. Aus head back out and broad and Anderson have it swinging like cloudy afternoon at Headingly and Australia's top order was immediately decimated.

England now chasing 300 runs with 10 wickets left.... should be a thrilling end to another brilliant test match.

Definitely our day despite the loss of Malan, Cummins was on another level but that was matched by Root who has been incredible today, tomorrow could be amazing.

Another twist in this one... English batting collapse has surely handed victory to Aus? Both teams trying to throw it away...

Quality of play hasn't been great in this one, but it has been enthralling!

.... Just over a week till Perth! Cannot wait! I wonder if the brawler will turn up?

• 2 weeks later...

Got draw all over this.

Australia to declare at lunch and have 4 sessions to skittle out the english to win the ashes after 3 tests. The english will be as defensive as fuck trying not to get bowled out.

Could make for a cracking 5th day if it gets there but given I've predicted a draw england will likely get bowled out by close of play today. :laughing:

Got draw all over this.

Australia to declare at lunch and have 4 sessions to skittle out the english to win the ashes after 3 tests. The english will be as defensive as fuck trying not to get bowled out.

Could make for a cracking 5th day if it gets there but given I've predicted a draw england will likely get bowled out by close of play today. :laughing:

They will be given the nod to swing the bat after lunch for the first hour to try and get above 700.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Decent crowd for a dead rubber.

How much folk does that ground hold?

Was always going to be a big crowd, given it was the opening event for the new stadium.

Crowd was announced at 54K... capacity apparently 60K. General admission was sold-out- plenty of empty seats in the members area though!

Fucking amazing stadium. View from the bar, on the top deck of the stadium, where we went for a few beers at the innings break (facilities just jaw dropping):

2v9rnk7.jpg

Gutted England won the first match there though... hard to take. 4-1 is an absolute battering. Complete role reversal following the test series. Can't stand Tom Curran... the new Stuart Broad.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

See the ockers have been caught cheating

Steve Smith is going to have to resign because of this. Very damaging for someone, who many think was destined to become one of the greats. What was he thinking?

No idea who'll take over. Surely David Warner wont get the job? Can't see cricket australia giving the top job to someone with his temperament.

• 2 months later...