Cricket

Must be a nice lifestyle being a cricketer. Touring the Indian Sub Continent, SA, Oz, NZ or the Caribbean every winter.

Aye.

But I doubt they will get to see much more than the secure compound that they stay in.

Have I mentioned I am going to SA + Namibia shortly... ;)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've got tickets to the first day of the Third Test. Cannot wait! This'll be my third Ashes... nothing like it!

England obviously have their problems, but Aus are struggling too right now. Australias bowling attack does look impressive and will probably be the difference IMO.

However, like England, Aus have struggled to make runs. Still got noone to open with Warner. They've gone with Bancroft, who'll make his test debut at the Gabba. Also wicket keeper is still a big problem... Tim Paine bizarrely called up for this one, despite not even keeping wicket for Tasmania.

England need to start well. If they let Starc, Hazelwood and Cummins get on top of them early, then they'll be in for a long series.

I'd forgotten about Cummins, he was the next best thing a few years ago and I remember you talking him up way back aswell.

He's had heaps of injuries. Made his debut at 18 or 19 in South Africa and looked amazing - bowls an unbelievable pace. Has hardly played since he was a teenager, but has been fit for the most of this year. Still only 24 y/o. Will be really interesting to see just how good he is if he gets an uninterrupted run (probably unlikely!) this summer.

I love cricket when England are losing..........and they are losing. Good stuff.

I love it too! Although think the final score did flatter Aus in the end. Scoreline looks like a battering, but for the first three days it was very tight. Take away Smiths century and their was nothing in it... until Starc and Hazlewood found their rhythm.

Second test should be interesting... this is the one where many think England will have their best chance, if they can get the ball moving under the lights.

Think overall we done a decent job to make a game of it, the Aussies record there is incredible but this team is beatable, Malan, Stoneman and Vince should all come on a bit and have some confidence about them.

As an australia supporter - the performance of the new guys is the biggest worry. Cook and Root are class and the runs will eventually come from those two - so I was hoping the debutants would struggle. I'd never seen those guys before, but they all looked pretty handy and acquitted themselves well.. Definitely looks like they've found a player in Vince - very composed.

I love it too! Although think the final score did flatter Aus in the end. Scoreline looks like a battering, but for the first three days it was very tight. Take away Smiths century and their was nothing in it... until Starc and Hazlewood found their rhythm.

Second test should be interesting... this is the one where many think England will have their best chance, if they can get the ball moving under the lights.

10 wicket win IS a fucking doing. No flattery to talk about. Root making an arse of himself talking about how they outplayed the Aussies for three days. Bullshit. Both sides had their ups and downs for the first three then England got destroyed. Simple as.

Some rumours that Stokes is on his way to Aus to join up with the team, be interesting if true.

Was Englands best player when I watched them last time around at the WACA. Scored an amazing 195 in 40C temperatures. I was struggling in the heat and I was sitting in the shade, drinking beers! He'll make a huge difference to England.

Would look forward to seeing him again, and should make for a brilliant atmosphere if he makes it to Perth... Even more satisfying to beat England with their best player included!

It was a pumping, any 10 wicket defeat, with the guts of a full days play left is a battering.

Cook needs to score runs soon

The next test in Adelaide will be England's best chance, there will be sideway movement, esp being a day / night, which will suit the English bowlers more so than any other ground this series.