Aberdeen 4 - 1 St Mirren

Just catching up on the highlights. We were at Gateshead vs Dagenham (Steve Watsons Balmy Almy).

Of what I can tell, St.Mirren look god awful but you can only beat what's in front of you. Good to see the strikers finally getting in about the goals.

Hopefully this kick starts us. A few really big games coming up.

• Upvote 1

Let’s be honest, Cosgroves only going to score against pish like StMirren when we’re scoring for fun...he hasn’t had a snifter in the tight matches when one goal makes the difference.

For a club like us, a player of his pedigree is not the answer to take us forward - and in fact has taken us backwards. I’ll wish him all the best while he plays in red and hope he gains confidence while Mick Innes continues to select him - but he is not a player that I want at AFC.

The lad is only 21 and has probably played more football so far than McInnes would have expected. He came in at the end of last season and done relatively well. He done very well in the two Burnley games but has since not done very well at all. Saturday was hopefully a turning point for the lad and he will go on and score a good few more.

I still have some hope that he can be an asset for the team in a similar way I liked Jayden Stockley who has gone on to do pretty well since leaving.

"cosgrove is shite" seems to be the go to phrase for people who don't watch the games. Probably the type of people who still think Rooney was our first choice striker last season. He's not missing loads of easy chances or standing around doing fuck all like Rooney last season. His link up play has been brilliant at times, and he's still a young lad with not a huge amount of experience so he's going to improve.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

McLennan should start ahead of McGinn from now on. He's so much more effective when counter attacking, he's willing to take on his man and he's got the pace to actually hurt defenses. 

Big unit of a loon, for a 19 yr old.

Don't think he is a winger by trade but did more up that left flank on saturday than McGinn has done since he returned.

Big unit of a loon, for a 19 yr old.

Don't think he is a winger by trade but did more up that left flank on saturday than McGinn has done since he returned.

Was hoping something would come from him after his debut against St Johnstone where the first thing he did was turn and shoot from 40 yards. Youthful exuberance is a blessing.

I am not as much of a regular any more as many of the posters on here.  A rare trip North to Pittodrie on Saturday for me and my loon was well rewarded.  Haven't seen much of the games this season so here's my assessment:

Lewis - Nothing to do, no chance at goal.  7

Logan - Usual high quality 8 out of 10 performance with assists gets him to 9.  He is underappreciated and we will miss him when he is finally gone.  Also came over for a photo with my boy.  Top bloke. - 9

Lowe - Holy shit.  Looks like he is playing at the wrong level.  Will surely play every game when fit.  Man of the match.  An English star in the making. 10

Considine - Standard - 7

Devlin - Decent game, looks very solid. - 7

Ball - Has improved dramatically and seems to have found his role.  8

Ferguson - Very very promising.  Controls the game, good on the ball, fights like a bear when we are not in possession.  And only 18/19 years old.  Slight question mark over his conditioning/fitness but that will come.  No sign of the hail marys he was playing against the huns which is good. 8

Shinnie - Captain's performance.  Still chasing in last ten minutes.  Need to keep him.  8

GMS - Brilliant performance.  Full back was shitting himself after about 20 mins.  Looks full of confidence.  Best ive seen him play for us. 9

Maclennan - Looked like an absolute first teamer and gave the full back a torrid time.  Surprised he hasn't had a chance before now given the quality shown on Saturday.  Also built like a brick shithouse which is good. 8

Cosgrove - Did what he does.  Did well at the goals.  Probably not the kind of striker I would pick but Del does like a big striker.  Stockley was a (slightly) better version.  Will hopefully keep improving. 7

Subs

Forrester - Reminded me of players who played for Aberdeen pre-Del.  No fight, no awareness, a handful of clever touches.  A big no for me. 4

Gleeson - Aside from the error, didn't do much.  Maybe needs some games.  6

Anderson - Anonymous - I am not yet on the bandwagon which everyone else on this board seems to have jumped on.  Hopefully he keeps getting game time off the bench though not sure he is Del's kind of striker.  6

Cracking performance against a limited side.  Lots of promising young talent to be excited about.

• Upvote 1

I am not as much of a regular any more as many of the posters on here.  A rare trip North to Pittodrie on Saturday for me and my loon was well rewarded.  Haven't seen much of the games this season so here's my assessment:

Lewis - Nothing to do, no chance at goal.  7

Logan - Usual high quality 8 out of 10 performance with assists gets him to 9.  He is underappreciated and we will miss him when he is finally gone.  Also came over for a photo with my boy.  Top bloke. - 9

Lowe - Holy shit.  Looks like he is playing at the wrong level.  Will surely play every game when fit.  Man of the match.  An English star in the making. 10

Considine - Standard - 7

Devlin - Decent game, looks very solid. - 7

Ball - Has improved dramatically and seems to have found his role.  8

Ferguson - Very very promising.  Controls the game, good on the ball, fights like a bear when we are not in possession.  And only 18/19 years old.  Slight question mark over his conditioning/fitness but that will come.  No sign of the hail marys he was playing against the huns which is good. 8

Shinnie - Captain's performance.  Still chasing in last ten minutes.  Need to keep him.  8

GMS - Brilliant performance.  Full back was shitting himself after about 20 mins.  Looks full of confidence.  Best ive seen him play for us. 9

Maclennan - Looked like an absolute first teamer and gave the full back a torrid time.  Surprised he hasn't had a chance before now given the quality shown on Saturday.  Also built like a brick shithouse which is good. 8

Cosgrove - Did what he does.  Did well at the goals.  Probably not the kind of striker I would pick but Del does like a big striker.  Stockley was a (slightly) better version.  Will hopefully keep improving. 7

Subs

Forrester - Reminded me of players who played for Aberdeen pre-Del.  No fight, no awareness, a handful of clever touches.  A big no for me. 4

Gleeson - Aside from the error, didn't do much.  Maybe needs some games.  6

Anderson - Anonymous - I am not yet on the bandwagon which everyone else on this board seems to have jumped on.  6

Cracking performance against a limited side.  Lots to be excited about here.  Lots of fantastic young talent.

• Downvote 1

Agree he's been excellent.  Hopefully he'll be keen to sign a new contract given he appears settled and enjoying his football. 

Worrying thing with GMS is, if he's still nae getting a look in for Scotland despite playing well, he might see down south as the only way to potentially get another call up. Hope nae though, would be annoying for us to turn his career around only for him to leave on a free, need to get him signed up pronto, I dare say even more so than Shinnie if you think about selling value you could maybe get for him.

• Upvote 1