Aberdeen 4 - 1 St Mirren

Was his assist for the St Mirren goal wasn't it?

Nit min, that was Gleeson.

Forrester looks like being McInnes' worst signing. Surpassing Tansey, Zola, Wylde et al

Worst face he's signed anyway.

Like a pug dog licking pish aff o' a nettle.

Yeah. Horrific football player as well to match those John Merrick looks.

Completely gash.

• Downvote 1

Forrester- Gleeson. Who signed them up.??? Super Beek. 4-1 against St Mirren 3-0 up at half time. That's the problem that Aberdeen will have all season just like last season. They couldn't make it 6-0 . Goal difference wil haunt them end of season. If they beat Hearts at tyncastle next week and knock the smart ass look off Gerrards face in the cup then there may be hope. St Mirren. !!!!!!!!!!!

• Downvote 1

Forrester- Gleeson. Who signed them up.??? Super Beek. 4-1 against St Mirren 3-0 up at half time. That's the problem that Aberdeen will have all season just like last season. They couldn't make it 6-0 . Goal difference wil haunt them end of season. If they beat Hearts at tyncastle next week and knock the smart ass look off Gerrards face in the cup then there may be hope. St Mirren. !!!!!!!!!!!

Hold on Shoofter, have we gone from being terrible, to now worrying about goal difference? I think you're starting to become positive in your old age ;)

McLennan looks like a proper unit and plenty of ability as well. He could yet end up as a permanent fixture in the squad this season he did more in 45 minutes yesterday than Forrester has since he arrived.

It's great to see a bunch of young hungry players all breaking through at the same time. Hopefully by the end of the season Wright, F Ross, Campbell, Anderson & McLennan can all join McKenna and Ferguson as permanent fixtures in the first team squad.

McLennan looks like a proper unit and plenty of ability as well. He could yet end up as a permanent fixture in the squad this season he did more in 45 minutes yesterday than Forrester has since he arrived.

It's great to see a bunch of young hungry players all breaking through at the same time. Hopefully by the end of the season Wright, F Ross, Campbell, Anderson & McLennan can all join McKenna and Ferguson as permanent fixtures in the first team squad.

I'd argue that Campbell and Anderson could be described as permanent members of the squad at the minute, in the match day pretty much every game.

Wright is out injured and as you say McKenna and Ferguson are part of the 11.

All in all that is a fairly healthy percentage.

I'd argue that Campbell and Anderson could be described as permanent members of the squad at the minute, in the match day pretty much every game.

Wright is out injured and as you say McKenna and Ferguson are part of the 11.

All in all that is a fairly healthy percentage.

That's true they have been in pretty much every matchday squad but you wonder how much of that is to do with the amount players who have been unavailable for one reason or another. I imagine if everyone was fit McInnes would envision his match day squad of 18 to be along the lines of Lewis / Cerny / Logan / McKenna / Considine / Lowe / Devlin / McGinn / GMS / Wright / Ball / Ferguson / Shinnie / Gleeson / Forrester / Wilson / May & Cosgrove.

The above doesn't include Reynolds or Tansey both of whom I doubt will play much for the club again (certainly not Tansey anyway). Hopefully the likes of Ross, McLennan, Campbell and Anderson can put pressure on the above names every week once they are all available competition for places is never a bad thing. When that time comes you wonder if the likes of Gleeson or Forrester will even make the match day squad so poor have they been to date.

Good show!

Especially pleased for a big sam, and hope he now pushes on to be more prolific than a brace every 17 games.  He must have been under a lot of pressure, good on him for sticking in there.

3-0 at half time i was thinking 6 or 7, but typical us failing to emulate the first half.  Suppose its churlish to moan after winning 4-1.

That's the difference between us at HIVs though - at 4-0, they bag two more goals to give hamilton a real pumping, but we let already defeated dross get a consolation to take the sparkle off.

Still, onwards and upwards!

Let’s be honest, Cosgroves only going to score against pish like StMirren when we’re scoring for fun...he hasn’t had a snifter in the tight matches when one goal makes the difference.

For a club like us, a player of his pedigree is not the answer to take us forward - and in fact has taken us backwards. I’ll wish him all the best while he plays in red and hope he gains confidence while Mick Innes continues to select him - but he is not a player that I want at AFC.

Let’s be honest, Cosgroves only going to score against pish like StMirren when we’re scoring for fun...he hasn’t had a snifter in the tight matches when one goal makes the difference.

For a club like us, a player of his pedigree is not the answer to take us forward - and in fact has taken us backwards. I’ll wish him all the best while he plays in red and hope he gains confidence while Mick Innes continues to select him - but he is not a player that I want at AFC.

Fair play to you, I respect this point of view from ppl.

But are we likely to get significantly better on our budget?  The long line of "cosgrove types" we have had in and out the door - even before McInnes - suggests not.

Why not see how he does now, next few games, after breaking his duck? His first goal was a pretty decent header, to be fair to him.

• Downvote 1

Given the game was over at half time, I thought Forrester would have used the time he had on the park to really push on and show us all what he is about. But again, he seemed happy enough to linger around the halfway line and play square passes, instead of linking up with the fowards, in the no. 10 postion that we thought he was purchased for. Unless he is being told to do so......

Its not as if we have seen even a glimpse of what he is capable of, so far in his AFC career.

Some minor re-shaping required in january, if funds permit. The emergence of Ferguson and Ball have negated the requirements of Forrester and Gleeson. We still lack a player who can fill that no. 10. role -  Christie still isn't getting any major game time at the Savilledome.....

On a seperate note, is Kenny McLean still injured?

Good performance on Saturday, especially in the first half. Some of the football was a joy to watch at times but tailed off in the second half.

Good all-round performance from Cosgrove. Glad to see him get those goals. Was really impressed with McLennan. Was glad to see someone willing to run in behind the defender to receive the ball as GMS and McGinn are both guilty of dropping too deep and having to take the man on first.

Midfield 3 dominated the game. Shinnie lucky not to pick up another stupid booking though. What a difference Ferguson made as he's a lot more comfortable on the ball than the other two.

Considine still too slow with the ball at the back. Cuts off your options when you're trying to get the ball shifted quickly. When everyone is fit, it has to be a back four of Lowe, McKenna, Devlin and Logan.

Lewis got away with one but had a cracking save to make up for his own mistake. This led to some mannie screaming that Lewis is useless. Maybe missed the Clangers and Souttar years?

Forrester showed glimpses of what he is about, but still not enough. Had a lovely crossfield pass to GMS.

Without being negative, it was only St Mirren. Interesting to see how we get on against a half decent team as I can't see them staying up.