Pet Hates

StandFree1982

5 hours ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Speakin' of Americanisms.  I fukin' hate the word 'math' as in 'you do the math'.  It's fuckin maths you stupid yank cunts.  It's short for mathematics.  Plural.  Fuckin' math my arse.  Fuck off.

Check this, though... 

The actual Western word is 'Mathema', it's Ancient Greek for 'What is learned'. 

So, you're also saying it incorrectly. You're saying it as incorrectly as the Yanks are, in fact. It's not math, it's not maths, it's mathema. Actually, 'math' is probably closer, because it's a contraction with no random S tacked on at the end. Not sure the 'plural' thing stands up to scrutiny either... we don't say Geometries just because there's more than one shape, or Englishes because there are tons of words.

Anyway, If I recall correctly, the entire discipline comes from the Babylonians, or Sumerians or somesuch, meaning the original word is probably something even more obscure, so, and don't get mad, even Mathema is saying it wrong... from the point of view of a Babylonian or a Sumerian. 

There's probably some cuneiform tablet buried in the desert, where a disgruntled Sumerian has recorded his anger that these stupid Greek cunts are calling it Mathema. 

spacer.png

Point being... point being Fuck the Huns.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
4 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Check this, though... 

The actual Western word is 'Mathema', it's Ancient Greek for 'What is learned'. 

So, you're also saying it incorrectly. You're saying it as incorrectly as the Yanks are, in fact. It's not math, it's not maths, it's mathema. Actually, 'math' is probably closer, because it's a contraction with no random S tacked on at the end. Not sure the 'plural' thing stands up to scrutiny either... we don't say Geometries just because there's more than one shape, or Englishes because there are tons of words.

Anyway, If I recall correctly, the entire discipline comes from the Babylonians, or Sumerians or somesuch, meaning the original word is probably something even more obscure, so, and don't get mad, even Mathema is saying it wrong... from the point of view of a Babylonian or a Sumerian. 

There's probably some cuneiform tablet buried in the desert, where a disgruntled Sumerian has recorded his anger that these stupid Greek cunts are calling it Mathema. 

spacer.png

Point being... point being Fuck the Huns.

Aye, fuck the huns.  The rest is pish.

10 hours ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Speakin' of Americanisms.  I fukin' hate the word 'math' as in 'you do the math'.  It's fuckin maths you stupid yank cunts.  It's short for mathematics.  Plural.  Fuckin' math my arse.  Fuck off.

The use of 'Super'. 

im super excited.

it's super easy to do

its super big

...and so on.

No!

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

When the police share shit on FB about someone missing in Elgin and some idiot then shares that and comments "shared Kuala Lumpur".

Da fuq. 

Or descriptions that the could be absolutely anyone, “the man was of average build wearing a dark jacket.

23 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Contrived names of new housing developments 

cycled past 'The Roses at Eden' today 

West Sheds imo. The local bar will be the lums

Anything at the Broughty Ferry end of Dundee gets Ferry in the name to con cunts into thinking they're moving there despite being a decent taxi journey away. 

2 hours ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Barrats development called "Den of Pitfodels" or more commonly known as Garthdee.

I just don't want to know anyone who buys into that and uses that name instead of the proper name. 

The Q7 is in for its MOT. Similar practice. Just say the car, nobody cares