Films

On 3/4/2024 at 10:42 PM, buchanskii said:

Saltburn 0/10 - disgusting

Every day we stray further from gods light

God's light? Dude, you have Chairman Mao as your avatar! LOL! 🤣 

A fucking fat atheist Chinky paedophile.

Chairman Mao, I mean, not you. Hopefully.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Roberto said:

Marley One Love

Easy viewing but seems thrown together and basically just the same as the documentary from 10 years ago or whatever.

A film made for the sake of it.

Yeah, Kevin Macdonald's documentary is great. 

These musician biopics were hacky in 2005, that's why they got satirised by, Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story...

There's a mental uncut version, but that ^ theatrical cut is great, too.

There's a bunch of musician biopics coming. The Bob Dylan one might be good or just weird as fuck. The Lemmy one should be great, can't see how they could fuck that up, same guy who made the Lemmy documentary from 2010.

19 minutes ago, The Cockney Don said:

Scum (1979) - Full Movie

Ever see the 1977 original that was made and then not shown, by the BBC?

The great Mick Ford as Archer. Gives a different speech to the screw.

Less "slick" than the 1980 version. Shot on 16mm, not 35mm. Rougher, grainier, more depressing, more like a documentary. Fuck me, imagine being a BBC cunt in 1977 and seeing this? LOL! BBC have blocked the YouTube upload, sadly.

Aye, Alan Clark was a great director. Made in Britain is amazing, from 1982, with a very young Tim Roth as a skinhead (no, not the reggae type)...

Amazing performance by Roth, fucking AMAZING.

Clark made, Rita, Sue and Bob, Too.

Elephant (1989) has no dialogue. It's just cunts in Northern Ireland shooting people, as they used to do. Walk up to a garage mechanic and... bang, deid, cut to next scene... of a man shooting another man. BBC block the YouTube upload, cunts.

am i the only person who thought Oppenheimer wisnae that good? really didnt like the way it jumped back and forward through space-time so much.  i get that it was supposed to be disorientating and a mind-fuck but seriously, it hampered the telling of the story behind the bomb. 

3 hours ago, madjockmcferson said:

am i the only person who thought Oppenheimer wisnae that good? really didnt like the way it jumped back and forward through space-time so much.  i get that it was supposed to be disorientating and a mind-fuck but seriously, it hampered the telling of the story behind the bomb. 

I thought I'd like it, but it was a bit dull. Too many abstract scenes.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, madjockmcferson said:

Aye, while it was an enjoyable film, it was far too long and one I doubt I will watch again.

• 2 weeks later...