New Stadium Approved

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Always surprised me we didn’t have an indoor pitch too at Cormack Park, given the shite weather potentially in winter - maybe too expensive. 

It was in the phase 2 plans at one point I think to cover one of the Training pitches. 

Personally i would just move them to an artificial pitch for training when it snows. We used to have to play in the goals leagues in all sorts of crazy weather, games were never off. 

On 9/7/2020 at 2:50 PM, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Always surprised me we didn’t have an indoor pitch too at Cormack Park, given the shite weather potentially in winter - maybe too expensive. 

The whole site is still work in progress by the looks of it, still huge tracks of land within the site boundaries that remain untouched.

Maybe they thought the Westhill Lizzies would have really shat their y fronts if a tin shed appeared on the planning application but if you look at the eastern edge of the site, that looks to be where an indoor facility could be built, and as already mentioned, maybe part of phase 3, after/if the stadium gets built?

i notice another drive though is being built adjacent to McDonalds over the road in Arnhall, is that a Starbucks?

• Site Sponsor
16 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

The whole site is still work in progress by the looks of it, still huge tracks of land within the site boundaries that remain untouched.

Maybe they thought the Westhill Lizzies would have really shat their y fronts if a tin shed appeared on the planning application but if you look at the eastern edge of the site, that looks to be where an indoor facility could be built, and as already mentioned, maybe part of phase 3, after/if the stadium gets built?

i notice another drive though is being built adjacent to McDonalds over the road in Arnhall, is that a Starbucks?

Yes it’s a Starbucks.

Oh,  and it’s “tracts“ of land.

You’re welcome. 

17 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

West hill lizzies?

sounds like a gang from the warriors 

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, starryfish said:

“There requires further discussions with stakeholders, one of which is Aberdeen Football Club who may now have a desire to remain within their spiritual home down at the beach.“

They may not. What a complete non story regarding AFC that is. Fucking hell. 

I’d doubt it. AFC already bought all the land for the new stadium, and I think I’m right in saying already completed some of the drainage works at the same time the training facilities were done. Complete waste of money if they decide not to move now.

If the council/government want to pay the additional costs associated with staying where we are and redeveloping pittodrie to the same standard as a brand new stadium elsewhere, then I’m sure everyone would be all for that.

7 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

All these projects never seem to get done all just talk . They need to crack on with all these plans and get the economy moving in the city , post covid 

Spot on.The only thing they have done is clear some gutters of weeds in Union st.

Aberdeen council should be looking to do everything they can to keep the stadium in the city.They own most of the land beside Pittodrie and should be bending over backwards to come to a compromise.This is vital to many businesses such as pubs,golf clubs.chippers,bakers etc .

If the stadium goes to Kingswells most people will just be heading there and then home.Same with away supporters.