New Stadium Approved

4 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

The way he vigorously masturbated over Kingsford made me think he really would have just shunned the new proposal straight away. Glad he didn't of course.

Yeah. Im highly skeptical, but theres that part of me thats hoping this is a serious proposal as a stadium at the beach would be superb (assuming we didn't have to downgrade on the specs we have for Kingsford),  but given the flaky information and the way it was announced and by whom, it appears to be a lot more sinister  (or naive) than a genuine attempt to truly help.

1 hour ago, Andy_123 said:

Aye, but the goalposts have been changed by the council here, after the club were already halfway through implementing their original plan. The club have been put in a tricky position here now. 

I really don't think it will be happening down at the beach either unless the council are going to chip in towards it, and going by the 'help' they've offered the club in the past that seems unlikely.

And even if they do, their track record in just about everything ever would suggest they'll be in no position to get going with this masterplan for the beach any time soon. And we aren't going to have any money to build a stadium anytime soon after Covid. 

The very least the council will offer is a cheap rental for the land.(maybe even free)

So this location should not cost anymore than Kingsford.

Far better location and basically a free roll with the possibility of flogging off the stadium ground at Westhill.

1 hour ago, Joe pike said:

I see the council are now saying they want the Leisure centre and Transition to be part of the new stadium.

This must be good news as regards to them paying a share of costs.

Not to bring politics into it again but is there not some chat about the UK Gov striking 'City Deals' or something like that, where it basically comes to an agreement with city leaders about additional cash being given to the city?

I'm sure I heard something like that was on the cards for Aberdeen. Might be a windfall the city uses for such a development. Or I could be totally fucking imagining it. 

5 hours ago, The Buzzard said:

Not to bring politics into it again but is there not some chat about the UK Gov striking 'City Deals' or something like that, where it basically comes to an agreement with city leaders about additional cash being given to the city?

I'm sure I heard something like that was on the cards for Aberdeen. Might be a windfall the city uses for such a development. Or I could be totally fucking imagining it. 

Financing a new stadium for the Dons would be a great way for Westminster to get it up Sturgeon and co ?

8 hours ago, The Buzzard said:

City deals are joint ventures between Scottish and UK Government.

Recent deals have them providing an equal share.

Though of course, the reality is that the UK Government share is Scotland getting it's own money back.

3 hours ago, NEM said:

Financing a new stadium for the Dons would be a great way for Westminster to get it up Sturgeon and co ?

See above.

1 hour ago, muttonhumper said:

City deals are joint ventures between Scottish and UK Government.

Recent deals have them providing an equal share.

Though of course, the reality is that the UK Government share is Scotland getting it's own money back.

See above.

Ta. I thought I read something recently where it sounded like the UK Gov were doing something independent of the Scottish Gov, and almost seemed like they were getting it up them!

I'm not suggesting that it would have been money that would have gone directly to anything to do with a stadium, but may have had some kind of impact on funding. 

Anyway, sounds like I may have got it wrong!

On 1/28/2021 at 11:10 AM, Henry said:

Parking for 75 cars and two buses ?

Park in town and walk. 

Or, get a train and walk. 

Get a bus, and walk. 

This need for everything to have accessibility for cars is dire. If it's at the beach it's 20 mins from the city centre. 

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Park in town and walk. 

Or, get a train and walk. 

Get a bus, and walk. 

This need for everything to have accessibility for cars is dire. If it's at the beach it's 20 mins from the city centre. 

Agreed, but that’s not how it works in reality eh

39 minutes ago, Henry said:

Agreed, but that’s not how it works in reality eh

I don't drive and I'm fucked if it goes to Kingsford. More hassle than it'll be worth, I'm sure. I like a drink before in toon, and to walk down. 

The only way.

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I don't drive and I'm fucked if it goes to Kingsford. More hassle than it'll be worth, I'm sure. I like a drink before in toon, and to walk down. 

The only way.

Shuttle buses to and from the train and bus station is a hell of a lot easier than shuttle buses from all over town to Kingsford. 

48 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Only in the UK would you have a road and a field and attempt to squeeze a project into a field.  JUST MOVE THE FUCKING ROAD.

Tune in next week for more mind blowing foreign alchemy shit, like building a railway next to an airport terminal THAT DOESNT HAVE THE FUCKING RUNWAY INBETWEEN.

Sorry.  Im having a Kelt moment.  

I said it earlier on, lose the road, widen Links road from the boulevard to the Beach Ballroom.

Without the road, there's a huge footprint to build on and it is all council land.

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Shuttle buses to and from the train and bus station is a hell of a lot easier than shuttle buses from all over town to Kingsford. 

For folk who can't walk down, due to disability etc, there should be something to get them there. 

Why anyone would be desperate to want our stadium outside the city, I have no idea. 

I see heaps of folk being like "well I live in the country, so what about me?"

Take a train and walk, cunto.

3 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

For folk who can't walk down, due to disability etc, there should be something to get them there. 

Why anyone would be desperate to want our stadium outside the city, I have no idea. 

7 min less driving........fooking Toonsers ?

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

A football club should always be at the heart of the city, especially when there's only one club in the city. 

Being a kid and walking closer to Pittodrie and seeing other fans emerging from other streets until you end up in a bigger and bigger crowd as you get closer to the stadium is a fond childhood memory of match day. 

Quick walk back to the city centre after the game for a few pints is a core part of my adult memories. 

As you say the city is well served for bus and train connections. The beach is just a brisk 15 minute walk from the train station. 

Demolish everything inside Grampian Circle, where Torry Academy is, and all the tenements around it. 

Throw the displaced Poles in jail, they've likely done something illegal anyway, and stick the stadium right there. 

Fucking.

Sorted. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
On 1/28/2021 at 3:44 PM, Ernie McCracken said:

Yeah. Im highly skeptical, but theres that part of me thats hoping this is a serious proposal as a stadium at the beach would be superb (assuming we didn't have to downgrade on the specs we have for Kingsford),  but given the flaky information and the way it was announced and by whom, it appears to be a lot more sinister  (or naive) than a genuine attempt to truly help.

On 1/28/2021 at 4:02 PM, Millertime said:

Sorry, highly what?

On 1/28/2021 at 4:11 PM, Ten Caat said:

Haha. Millermong :clangers2:

• Haha 1