Snap General Election Announced Today

vanderark14

calling a GE is a strange move. It'll be interesting to see why they make this move.

To consolidate power over labours piss poor performance and to give her a solid mandate for the next 5 years. From a party political point of view a general election now makes perfect sense.

Sadly there is no credible alternative just now to a conservative government....

To consolidate power over labours piss poor performance and to give her a solid mandate for the next 5 years. From a party political point of view a general election now makes perfect sense.

Sadly there is no credible alternative just now to a conservative government....

While there is no doubt that the Tories will win the election, I do wonder if this allows the SNP to further their mandate for another independence referendum. Perhaps May and Co see is it as potential for an inroads up here...

I think you are right, I also think they'd take some seats off the SNP in Scotland. Shrewd move by Maggie May

While there is no doubt that the Tories will win the election, I do wonder if this allows the SNP to further their mandate for another independence referendum. Perhaps May and Co see is it as potential for an inroads up here...

Without a doubt.

Surely there's no way the SNP can do as well as they did in 2015. A lower return in seats will give the Westminster government a fairly solid argument that the people of Scotland are against a second referendum - well that's what they'll say anyway.

The stars are aligning for the Tories it has to be said.

Maybe the SNP should put some candidates down just to see what happens. Labour will do fuck all.