Mcinnes Signing Targets

I suspect that our new manager will look to replicate the methodology he employed at St Johnstone in his targets over the close season.

He enjoyed success with Jody Morris and Michael Duberry and will probably look to other old mates from his time in the EPL.

So, all you have to do is cross index players aged 32-24, out of contract and who played for West Brom and whoever at the same time McInnes was there. And is looking for a final payday.

Any ideas who the Perma-Tanned One (Mk II) is calling next month?

• Downvote 1

I seriously worry about him taking Foster back.

Bar that I dont actually care who he signs as long as he can get them playing football and winning games.

Foster is under contract, and Bristol City will surely want a piece of their £250k back?

Even if they asked for £50k, that would rule us out...

Hopefully!

• Site Sponsor

Bar that I dont actually care who he signs as long as he can get them playing football and winning games.

Foster is under contract, and Bristol City will surely want a piece of their £250k back?

Hopefully!

Thankfully Foster is on £7K a week so no chance.

Hopefully!

Even if they gave us £50k we'd still say no.

Hopefully!

Hopefully!

No chance Foster will ever come back. Fans dont want him, he knows the fans dont want him and I think he doesnt want AFC so I wouldnt worry.

Hopefully!

No chance Foster will ever come back. Fans dont want him, he knows the fans dont want him and I think he doesnt want AFC so I wouldnt worry.

McInnes is nae daft. He's good at the old politics. He knows he gets the fans offside if he signed Foster. And we couldn't afford either the fee or his wages anyway so lets drop this Foster nonsense, eh?

Hopefully!

McInnes is nae daft. He's good at the old politics. He knows he gets the fans offside if he signed Foster. And we couldn't afford either the fee or his wages anyway so lets drop this Foster nonsense, eh?

Not that I would ever be advocating the signing of this particular cunt, but its a pretty sad day when we can no longer afford Richard fucking Foster.

We'd be taking a massive step back if we were to get involved with bringing in loan players to improve our first 11. I understand squad players being loanees, but, it's a complete false economy. We need to be avoiding a squad rebuild at the end of every season. Short term gains should not be entertained. We should be targeting young Scottish talent from lower divisions and combining with a few experienced heads.

I see the manager was in the press talking about trying to get young EPL players on loan, using his contacts.

Do all managers at AFC from Calderwood onwards come out with this same script?

I noticed that too.

If the EE is to be believed.

Same shite peddled, different manager.

Everything McInnes says is meaningless, with respect to what he's going to do.

I've already prejudged him to be monumentally mediocre, but by the end of the 2013-14 season we'll see if he's any good or not.

If he has us challenging for that mythical second spot then fair enough... if he has us where we've been since Calderwood left, grubbing around in the lower reaches of the SPL, then he'll have met my expectations of him.

I'm not going to pay much heed to what he says he'll do, because I'm sure he'll be talking absolute pish 99% of the time.

have to agree i would love to see us scout the lower divisions in Scotland for talent, there must be some gems to be had if you consider the talent we got form the lower leagues in the past Archibald, McQueen, McGhee, Strachan,

Some fans might be worried of the Steve Paterson syndrome.

Remember some of the absolute haddies he signed?

McQuilken, Hinds, Prunty etc.

There are some good players.

The likes of Stefan Scougall at Livi or Lyle Taylor at Falkirk for example....but again, a fee is involved, so won't happen.

have to agree i would love to see us scout the lower divisions in Scotland for talent, there must be some gems to be had if you consider the talent we got form the lower leagues in the past Archibald, McQueen, McGhee, Strachan,

The likes of Stefan Scougall at Livi or Lyle Taylor at Falkirk for example....but again, a fee is involved, so won't happen.

Very true, but he also signed Tosh & Sheerin too.

Paterson was most probably at the scotch in the cornflakes stage when the likes of Prunty and Hinds were signed...there is still good mileage to be had with a scouting system watching HL/junior games