AFC-Chat - Recommended by 9/10 Westhill housewives.

Photo
* * * - - 3 votes
Match Thread

Aberdeen 1 - 0 Rangers

• Please log in to reply
1043 replies to this topic

#31 OFFLINE   Shinniesta

Shinniesta

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts
  • Joined 10-March 17

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:05 PM

If we sit in and let them dictate the play like we have the last several times we've played them we'll lose in meek fashion probably 2-0 or 3-0.

If we actually pick a positive team and set up to be a strong attacking force and go at them hard I think the game will be a lot closer. I'm hoping that will be the case though I won't hold my breath.

2-1 huns. Tavernier to score winner in last 10 minutes via controversial penalty kick.

#32 OFFLINE   RUL

RUL

Director of Football

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,134 posts
  • Joined 14-October 07

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:17 PM

Would probably prefer to lose 3-0 than that.

#33 OFFLINE   Batting71

Batting71

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Joined 21-January 09

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:19 PM

Looking forward to the tears from the Huns when we dust off the old Gazza songs.  :lolrangers:

Edited by Batting71, 20 October 2018 - 10:19 PM.

He canna do this.........

#34 OFFLINE   Dad

Dad

old cunt

• Members
  • 16,741 posts
  • Joined 31-January 16

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:29 PM

Stormed out of tynecastle very angry today - mostly at how completely shite we were in the first half. Fucking terrible; someone (apologies son - forgot who you are) said it was the closest they'd ever got to walking out at half time. No fucking wonder.

But what annoyed me as well, was the the first 15 minutes of the second half; wee spells there where all of a sudden a lot of the players were actually flying into tackles - a bunch of us screaming 'yassss' as Ferguson smashing full force into whatever jambo cunt. Then the goal - and it actually felt for a while that they were actually going to do it...they were giving a fuck. Why not for the full game though? Instead of panicked clearing and resetting defensively ALL the fucking time.

There was a dude to the left of me; tucked way up in the top left of the stand, who was going fucking mental during the first half; screaming like fuck, punching the side of the stand. Thatll do that to a cunt who wears his heart all too often on his sleeve, watching a team constantly give the ball away, clearing it desperately like their down to 9 men, allowing the other team to just pass it around them like they're training.

So whilst this all seems like a real downer on the team, and any chance they have of winning this - I have faith in that anger I had as I strode out of the roseyburn stand muttering cunt and fuck through my gritted teeth. If theres any kind of 'why dont they just do that for 90 minutes?', in your post match sypnopsis, then theres hope they will.

Its very obvious to me who to leave out for this one. Instruct the team to treat this like their fucking life depends on it - the casual fans have counted themselves out for this game, which leaves the hardcore cunts, who I assume are in the main to cheer like fuck when our players smash fuck out of any and all huns - violent angry, crazy madness; their cunt fans going fucking nuts with anger at our teams antics - complete and utter disdain for the pieces of shite.

Things need to improve - there is no doubt about that - but the improvement needed exists in the current squad. It just needs to be tapped into, and for the fucking duration. Play like they can for the full course of the game, and we will win. A win filled with the sort of stuff that brings out your inner psychotic cunt.

Move past the fear of defeat, and head down there ready to go fucking apeshit. See yous there you crazy bunch of fucks.

Edited by Dad, 20 October 2018 - 10:34 PM.

Winners - DWQ4, DWQ14, The James Wilson Show

#35 OFFLINE   Frank Grimes

Frank Grimes

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Joined 17-January 18

Posted 20 October 2018 - 11:23 PM

3-0 the hun filth, agony

Dreading the sight of those FUCKING CUNTS lording it up over us next week

We can all see it coming and it will be fucking torture

They are actually a sitting duck next week but do we fuck have the personnel to capatilise

Torture

Good on you. Tbh, a very typical Aberdeen result would be to win, get mutilated in the final but because we beat the Huns the cracks will be papered over.

I’d fucking take it

#36 OFFLINE   dj_bollocks

dj_bollocks

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,093 posts
  • Joined 28-January 06

Posted 20 October 2018 - 11:44 PM

Lewis

Logan  Devlin  Mckenna.  Lowe(please not Considine)

Ferguson.     Shinnie

Mclennan.     Wright.      GMS

Wilson

2-1 Sevco. Looking forward to the day out but not the game

That's the team I'd pick... Fuck it, start Anderson , why not...

#37 OFFLINE   Rostov-on-Don

Rostov-on-Don

Breakthrough Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Joined 24-June 18

Posted 21 October 2018 - 12:19 AM

Our only hope is by luck scoring early when full of adrenaline which gives the players the belief and realisation that it is possible to win the game. If they score first you may as well go back to the pub there and then.

#38 OFFLINE   muttonhumper

muttonhumper

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,759 posts
  • Joined 06-October 05

Posted 21 October 2018 - 04:12 AM

I'm in but have to say I fear the worst.

Fear being the operative word.

McInnes is overwhelmed by it.

It is what always has been, and will continue to be, our undoing.

Most of us watching the game next week be like...

finger+watching.jpeg

Awa n' tak a gnash o' mi bulb

#39 OFFLINE   The Boofon

The Boofon

Chairman

• Members
  • 28,783 posts
  • Joined 15-July 07

Posted 21 October 2018 - 04:59 AM

3-0 us.

Yesterday's performance was make or break. We've a good game in us. I thought it would be yesterday and bottle it next week. Turns out it's the other way round.

#40 OFFLINE   Chewie37

Chewie37

Wookie

• Members
  • 13,136 posts
  • Joined 03-July 14

Posted 21 October 2018 - 05:08 AM

3-0 the hun filth, agony
They are actually a sitting duck next week but do we fuck have the personnel to capatilise
Torture

I’d fucking take it

I think we do actually have the players to do it, but there's definitely something missing in our mental build up to matches. Could see it today, trying to contain a game from the start and play gingerly doesn't work anymore. Get straight in about, ball on the deck and pass it around and through them, quickly as well, not passing it up to halfway then all the way back round all the defence then back to Joe Lewis to punt it upfield and lose it again. Come on tae fuck, get right into these pseudo Hun pricks
I've moved to California

#41 OFFLINE   RUL

RUL

Director of Football

• Members
  • 13,134 posts
  • Joined 14-October 07

Posted 21 October 2018 - 05:42 AM

3-0 the hun filth, agony

it

Crikey, feel depressed just reading your post. Wonder if they'll refund my tickets, they can keep the recorded delivery fee.

#42 OFFLINE   Zeus

Zeus

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,962 posts
  • Joined 07-August 15

Posted 21 October 2018 - 06:45 AM

Stormed out of tynecastle very angry today - mostly at how completely shite we were in the first half. Fucking terrible; someone (apologies son - forgot who you are) said it was the closest they'd ever got to walking out at half time. No fucking wonder.

But what annoyed me as well, was the the first 15 minutes of the second half; wee spells there where all of a sudden a lot of the players were actually flying into tackles - a bunch of us screaming 'yassss' as Ferguson smashing full force into whatever jambo cunt. Then the goal - and it actually felt for a while that they were actually going to do it...they were giving a fuck. Why not for the full game though? Instead of panicked clearing and resetting defensively ALL the fucking time.

There was a dude to the left of me; tucked way up in the top left of the stand, who was going fucking mental during the first half; screaming like fuck, punching the side of the stand. Thatll do that to a cunt who wears his heart all too often on his sleeve, watching a team constantly give the ball away, clearing it desperately like their down to 9 men, allowing the other team to just pass it around them like they're training.

So whilst this all seems like a real downer on the team, and any chance they have of winning this - I have faith in that anger I had as I strode out of the roseyburn stand muttering cunt and fuck through my gritted teeth. If theres any kind of 'why dont they just do that for 90 minutes?', in your post match sypnopsis, then theres hope they will.

Its very obvious to me who to leave out for this one. Instruct the team to treat this like their fucking life depends on it - the casual fans have counted themselves out for this game, which leaves the hardcore cunts, who I assume are in the main to cheer like fuck when our players smash fuck out of any and all huns - violent angry, crazy madness; their cunt fans going fucking nuts with anger at our teams antics - complete and utter disdain for the pieces of shite.

Things need to improve - there is no doubt about that - but the improvement needed exists in the current squad. It just needs to be tapped into, and for the fucking duration. Play like they can for the full course of the game, and we will win. A win filled with the sort of stuff that brings out your inner psychotic cunt.

Move past the fear of defeat, and head down there ready to go fucking apeshit. See yous there you crazy bunch of fucks.

The problem is the manager shits the bed and will set us up like so. We will be 2 down then you’ll see that fight and drive appear.

Wee prick

#43 OFFLINE   RAZOR

RAZOR

Bird > Word

• Members
  • 23,906 posts
  • Joined 08-June 09

Posted 21 October 2018 - 07:22 AM

I’d fucking take it

Oh mate. You are so 2018.

'parkrun isn't about convenience, it's a way of life.' - dave_min

#44 OFFLINE   old sheep

old sheep

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Joined 30-March 14

Posted 21 October 2018 - 08:22 AM

In
2-1 the scum
Wilson to score his 1st goal
Lewis
Logan Devlin McKenna Lowe
Ferguson Shinnie
McGinn Wright GMS
Wilson
Hopefully this is the team he puts out but know he won’t

I think he will put this team out but only because he must know he has lost the majority of the support. Even Lewis and GMS in their post match comments were alluding to playing a more positive line up. McInnes is smart enough to know that a glorious failure will go down better than trying to 'manage' a result.

#45 OFFLINE   King Street Loon

King Street Loon

Experienced Campaigner

• Members
  • 19,826 posts
  • Joined 13-July 08

Posted 21 October 2018 - 08:25 AM

Crikey, feel depressed just reading your post. Wonder if they'll refund my tickets, they can keep the recorded delivery fee.

Apparently the club have had emails requesting refunds on semi final tickets. Think the first was received at full time yesterday. I expect there to be more tbh.

The Northern Lights of old Aberdeen

Mean home sweet home to me

The Northern Lights of Aberdeen

Are what I long to see

I've been a wanderer all of my life

And many a sight I've seen

God speed the day when l'm on my way

To my home in Aberdeen!!

#46 OFFLINE   Big Hat Logan

Big Hat Logan

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts
  • Joined 11-April 17

Posted 21 October 2018 - 08:26 AM

Apparently the club have had emails requesting refunds on semi final tickets. Think the first was received at full time yesterday. I expect there to be more tbh.

Pathetic if true.

Oh no I won’t go to a game because we might lose, boo hoo. What a bunch of spineless wanks.

Edited by Big Hat Logan, 21 October 2018 - 08:27 AM.

#47 OFFLINE   RAZOR

RAZOR

Bird > Word

• Members
  • 23,906 posts
  • Joined 08-June 09

Posted 21 October 2018 - 08:32 AM

Rightly or wrongly yesterday was a great chance to win over some support and boost the crowd.

'parkrun isn't about convenience, it's a way of life.' - dave_min

#48 OFFLINE   Dad

Dad

old cunt

• Members
  • 16,741 posts
  • Joined 31-January 16

Posted 21 October 2018 - 08:53 AM

The problem is the manager shits the bed and will set us up like so. We will be 2 down then you’ll see that fight and drive appear.
Wee prick

Aye - yours is a likely scenario son.. But I go with that hope in my heart nonethess. See you there son. I'll be the one in the DWT t-shirt.

#49 OFFLINE   Sooper-hanz

Sooper-hanz

Great as etc.., etc..,

• Members
  • 18,082 posts
  • Joined 12-November 15

Posted 21 October 2018 - 10:18 AM

McInnes is smart enough to know that a glorious failure will go down better than trying to 'manage' a result.

You think ?

limericks etc..,

#50 OFFLINE   manboobs109

manboobs109

Tiny cock, big heart

• Members
  • 11,071 posts
  • Joined 22-December 13

Posted 21 October 2018 - 10:20 AM

We'll best the cunts on pens(this is exactly what DM will set out to do)

#51 OFFLINE   Sheepo

Sheepo

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Joined 20-July 17

Posted 21 October 2018 - 11:03 AM

To be honest I think he will set up exactly how he did against Hibs. Lowe will be in front of Considine and we will probably start with 2 max 3 what you would call attacking players 

He will hope for a similar result

#52 OFFLINE   Shinniesta

Shinniesta

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts
  • Joined 10-March 17

Posted 21 October 2018 - 11:15 AM

To be honest I think he will set up exactly how he did against Hibs. Lowe will be in front of Considine and we will probably start with 2 max 3 what you would call attacking players
He will hope for a similar result

He has no need whatsoever to do that the huns are missing their top two strikers. He absolutely has to start with a positive line-up and go for it. The huns don't like being attacked in numbers they are vulnerable in that situation both Motherwell and Celtic have already shown that.

Lewis
Logan Devlin McKenna Lowe
Shinnie Ferguson
McGinn Wright GMS
Wilson

I think 9 of those players will start but Wright will be replaced by Ball and Lowe by Considine. Which probably means defeat.

#53 ONLINE   Sonoftherock

Sonoftherock

Director of Football

• Moderators
  • 13,142 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05

Posted 21 October 2018 - 11:30 AM

Rightly or wrongly yesterday was a great chance to win over some support and boost the crowd.

Correct.  The fans need signs of some hope.

Yesterday, the way to win the supporters over, was to attack a threadbare hearts team, missing their two starting centre halves.  Even if we'd lost and put up a good fight, it would have given us some home.

As it were, we all know what's going to happen next week.  11-men behind the ball, playing for penalties from the first whistle.  The worst thing is, Steven Gerrard probably knows by now too! 

One goal for Rangers and it's all over.... and they wonder why we've only shifted 10K tickets?  Because right now, as a support, it just feels hopeless.

"Whenever I'm in Edinburgh I roll with the T.Y.T (Tollcross Young Team)" - Romeo, So Solid Crew

#54 OFFLINE   SheepieBaaBaa

SheepieBaaBaa

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts
  • Joined 17-June 09

Posted 21 October 2018 - 12:13 PM

This is exactly right.   What I am confused by is the memory of games back in 2013 or 2014 when the team just didn't know when they were beaten.

I think it was a game against Motherwell at Pittodrie where we were 3:1 down and absolutely going for it, and got it back to 3:2 with about 5 minutes left to play.  Shay came running over to the South and was screaming to know how much time there was left, and (at least in my recollection) we equalized.   Maybe I am imagining some of the exact details, but the point is.....fundamentally, that (or something very similar)happened.

Where the fuck has that spirit gone?

Edited by SheepieBaaBaa, 21 October 2018 - 12:14 PM.

#55 OFFLINE   ebbe

ebbe

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,976 posts
  • Joined 03-June 11

Posted 21 October 2018 - 12:22 PM

Absolutely out.

Fucking white flag waiving faggot.

#56 OFFLINE   ebbe

ebbe

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,976 posts
  • Joined 03-June 11

Posted 21 October 2018 - 12:25 PM

If this is what you come away with after 2 lemonades I’d love to read your thoughts after 25 pints, 13 nips and 34 jaeger bombs.

#57 OFFLINE   Don Fonte

Don Fonte

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts
  • Joined 27-March 14

Posted 21 October 2018 - 12:27 PM

@Dad @Panda Please come and give us all some optimism. I need a great white hope to cling on.

Fuck off.

#58 OFFLINE   muttonhumper

muttonhumper

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,759 posts
  • Joined 06-October 05

Posted 21 October 2018 - 12:55 PM

This is exactly right.   What I am confused by is the memory of games back in 2013 or 2014 when the team just didn't know when they were beaten.

I think it was a game against Motherwell at Pittodrie where we were 3:1 down and absolutely going for it, and got it back to 3:2 with about 5 minutes left to play.  Shay came running over to the South and was screaming to know how much time there was left, and (at least in my recollection) we equalized.   Maybe I am imagining some of the exact details, but the point is.....fundamentally, that (or something very similar)happened.

Where the fuck has that spirit gone?

Nae quite sure are ye?  :laughing:

That was 2012, under Broon.

So nae Shay.

Awa n' tak a gnash o' mi bulb

#59 OFFLINE   Panda

Panda

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts
  • Joined 14-November 05

Posted 21 October 2018 - 01:07 PM

Watching Rangers first half performance v Hamilton, they are there for the taking. A bang average side - Gerrard has done well with what he has, but are they fuck hammering us at Hampden.

#60 OFFLINE   Dad

Dad

old cunt

• Members
  • 16,741 posts
  • Joined 31-January 16

Posted 21 October 2018 - 01:26 PM

If this is what you come away with after 2 lemonades I’d love to read your thoughts after 25 pints, 13 nips and 34 jaeger bombs.

Erb FTW - really harnesses my articulate side.

I just want Aberdeen to make me happy again the fucking arseholes.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users