Bitcoins

NorthernLights24

• 3 weeks later...

Seen that, litecoins hit $13 today now at $14 think I'm away to buy some.

Dont bother mini, same advice stands now as I gave you a couple of weeks ago.

They'll stagnate now, might go up a couple of dollars or down but they are no longer the investors plaything and with that they wont do much at all.

I'd also guess that bitcoins will carry on dropping until they reach about $200-250 and then they'll go back to moving between a low of around $140 and a high of about $280 from now on unless some more retailers start accepting them and they start to become the new paypal.

Cheers, I've just been looking on here at other alternatives, any you reckon would be a worth a stab? A lot lower risk involved and it's a long term investment. http://coinmarketcap.com/

No I dont, it was a false bubble.

Some of us were lucky and scored, some made a market and others will now suffer for it.

To be honest, to make any sort of money on these now it would have to be long term and it would have to be a decent chunk of cash. Even if you stuck £200 into one of the cheapest that are between 10c and 20c a coin you'll only make 20 quid or something like that over the short term and if you are really lucky you might be able to double your money but you're more likely to make nothing or loose now IMO.

No I dont, it was a false bubble.

Some of us were lucky and scored, some made a market and others will now suffer for it.

To be honest, to make any sort of money on these now it would have to be long term and it would have to be a decent chunk of cash. Even if you stuck £200 into one of the cheapest that are between 10c and 20c a coin you'll only make 20 quid or something like that over the short term and if you are really lucky you might be able to double your money but you're more likely to make nothing or loose now IMO.

I think I must be suffering some kind of 'value blindness'.

I argued their viability with my accountant... obviously he knows way more about this than me, a barely numerate goon with all the interest in big numbers of your average 'tard... but he seemed to think it was "Just like the dollar". because in reality there's nothing propping up the Dollar aside from people's faith that it has value, just like bitcoin.

Personally I think I need to get a new accountant, because when the Dollar looks like collapsing there's the weight of the Treasury behind the Dollar, while any kind of deflation in value of a Bitcoin is supported by nothing but wishes and pixie dust.

I still can't see it, and expect the arse to fall out of Bitcoin at any moment.

Even bartering chickens and pigs for goods and services has more inherent value than a Bitcoin.

I think Bitcoin is just going to have to go on the ever-growing list of Shit-Kelt-Will-Never-Understand

I think I must be suffering some kind of 'value blindness'.

I argued their viability with my accountant... obviously he knows way more about this than me, a barely numerate goon with all the interest in big numbers of your average 'tard... but he seemed to think it was "Just like the dollar". because in reality there's nothing propping up the Dollar aside from people's faith that it has value, just like bitcoin.

Personally I think I need to get a new accountant, because when the Dollar looks like collapsing there's the weight of the Treasury behind the Dollar, while any kind of deflation in value of a Bitcoin is supported by nothing but wishes and pixie dust.

I still can't see it, and expect the arse to fall out of Bitcoin at any moment.

Even bartering chickens and pigs for goods and services has more inherent value than a Bitcoin.

I think Bitcoin is just going to have to go on the ever-growing list of Shit-Kelt-Will-Never-Understand

The difference between the dollar and a bitcoin kelt is pretty obvious and if your accountant cant see that I would be ditching him straight away.

Dollar - a hard currency that has the weight of a nation behind it. It can be devalued by a government to increase growth and rise in value when the country is productive.

Bitcoin - a virtual currency for trading online. It has no other value bar the value people attach to it and has no government or treasury looking after it. When in demand it will rise in value like anything else but its a false rise as it can fall just as quickly for no reason bar investors have stopped playing with it.

• 3 years later...

They'll stagnate now, might go up a couple of dollars or down but they are no longer the investors plaything and with that they wont do much at all.

I'd also guess that bitcoins will carry on dropping until they reach about $200-250 and then they'll go back to moving between a low of around $140 and a high of about $280 from now on unless some more retailers start accepting them and they start to become the new paypal.

1221GBP / BTC just now.

Sage advice there Spammer.

Guest milne_afc

I bought a few back when intersango were the only means to get them 10 pounds each they were

If you still have them I'll double your money chief.

It's just a way of buying drugs without using a traceable bank transaction.

No wonder it's so popular.

Yip.

Sage advice there Spammer.

unless some more retailers start accepting them

A lot of major US online retailers now accept them as payment.

Pretty much spot on with my forecasting as this 4 year chart shows.

Dropped, stagnated, picked up by retailers as a form of payment and went on the rise.

chart.png?width=940&m=bitstampUSD&Submit

You're welcome.

A lot of major US online retailers now accept them as payment.

Pretty much spot on with my forecasting as this 4 year chart shows.

Dropped, stagnated, picked up by retailers as a form of payment and went on the rise.

chart.png?width=940&m=bitstampUSD&Submit

You're welcome.

Horrendous advice still stands.

You are most welcome.

• 3 months later...

It's just a way of buying drugs without using a traceable bank transaction.

No wonder it's so popular.

I was in awe to see a friend demonstrate this recently. His doobie arrived, vacuum packed, by Royal Mail special delivery.

Changed days from having to knock on the door of dodgy flats, or being constantly let down by some tadger claiming to have some.

(Prior to this I had no interest in bitcoins)

What chance have the rozzers got (who should really be doing something worthwhile with their time anyway)?

There is increased talk of medical cannabis being legalised in the UK - I think thats the Govt way of a climb down, without admitting they have been in the wrong for decades.

Plus, with very covert and super efficient distribution, as above, they cant stamp it out and obviously have decided to get a piece of the action instead.

I was in awe to see a friend demonstrate this recently. His doobie arrived, vacuum packed, by Royal Mail special delivery.

Changed days from having to knock on the door of dodgy flats, or being constantly let down by some tadger claiming to have some.

(Prior to this I had no interest in bitcoins)

What chance have the rozzers got (who should really be doing something worthwhile with their time anyway)?

There is increased talk of medical cannabis being legalised in the UK - I think thats the Govt way of a climb down, without admitting they have been in the wrong for decades.

Plus, with very covert and super efficient distribution, as above, they cant stamp it out and obviously have decided to get a piece of the action instead.

Watched the IRS and FBI documentary giving themselves a pat on the back for catching the silk road guy.

By the end of that site there were more feds than customers logged in.

• Admin

Watched the IRS and FBI documentary giving themselves a pat on the back for catching the silk road guy.

By the end of that site there were more feds than customers logged in.

CIA are all over bitcoin and sites like the silkroad. They'd likely have a few hundred million in confiscated bitcoins. They probably run a few sites themselves, funding their off the books wars like the Iran-Contra affair.

Seen that, litecoins hit $13 today now at $14 think I'm away to buy some.

Hope you purchased back in 2013 Mini, well over $50 now

You certainly got that wrong, on a grande scale.