Tommie Hoban

Turned out to be a terrible signing.

What a waste of a wage!

Depends how much of a contribution we were making. He was clearly a good player, if we could have a got a half decent run of games out of him he would have been worth the risk.

In the end we didn’t, but it’s easy to say now it wasn’t knowing how it planned out.

Hopefully serves as a warning to McInnes about filling the team with cripples. Hoban must have only managed about 5/6 games? Devlin has missed a lot of games, May isn’t what he once was, we’ve got McKenna and his dodgy hammy and Reynolds as well if he stays.

The pain when you snap a cruciate is described as being like getting shot in the knee. And a repaired cruciate is never as robust as an undamaged one. Even as late as the mid eighties a ruptured cruciate was considered a career ending injury. Better surgical techniques developed in the US now mean that this is no longer the case but as I said....it isn't as strong as an uninjured one and so the risk of reoccurrence is consequently higher.

The pain when you snap a cruciate is described as being like getting shot in the knee. And a repaired cruciate is never as robust as an undamaged one. Even as late as the mid eighties a ruptured cruciate was considered a career ending injury. Better surgical techniques developed in the US now mean that this is no longer the case but as I said....it isn't as strong as an uninjured one and so the risk of reoccurrence is consequently higher.

Done it twice. First time I thought my knee had dislocated and also heard the pop. Second time I knew straight away what happened.

The only person qualified to make that statement would be someone who had ruptured the cruciate and been shot in the knee. Even then the experience is subjective.

• Upvote 1

Can we recall Reynolds? Worrying cover if/when Devlin gets injured again.

May be wrong but I think we can recall him but he can't actually play for us again this season as he's registered with another team and that can't be changed outwith a transfer window. We've got McKenna, Devlin and Considine so hopefully we can keep 2 of them fit at any one time. Not had all three fit at once very often this season though.