Hearts 2 - 1 Aberdeen

Sorry, but that's a BOOM right there

People weren't happy with 3rd, 4th in a league with top strength old firm hearts hibs Dundee utd and fucking qualifying from the GROUP'S of UEFA cup so hounded jimmy out

Then we got the next few years that we did, symbolic, until mcinnes came

You're right, the fans expectations ARE unrealistic manly because they know fuck all about how football works

It doesn't work with negative managers who can't get the best out of his players that's for sure.

Well having watched McInnes interview and taken stock, I would say that if anything positive can be taken from yesterday's game it surely is that lessons have been learned by both players and management.

As such, given that McKenna is back and we have a near full squad, I expect and demand the Dons to be at their best next Sunday!

There can be absolutely no excuses for not putting in a performance and getting to the final, given that yesterday should be a massive wake up call.

That said, I believe that the damage was done in the summer and we're fucked.

Hope to be proved wrong on Sunday.

I don't think the lack of ticket sales is mostly down to fans thinking we will get beat. I think the whole LC SF debacle and lack of respect initially shown to Dons fans was the last straw for many after the bullshit Devlin and McKenna decisions whilst the likes of Morelos and McGregor get away with blatantly kicking players off the ball. We were never taking more than 14k tops for a LC SF.

But you're right our fans do have unrealistic expectations and no way is McInnes going to get sacked for a mediocre start to a season after finishing second 4 years running.

I think what is massively going against McInnes this season is that Hibs and Hearts both lost big players over the summer but seem to have improved overall and they always play in a positive manner against the old firm and have no fear of them. Their recruitment looks to have been very good. It's the opposite with us we seem to have regressed and are still playing negatively against them. Our effort against the huns on the opening day of the season was pathetic playing against ten men for so long. If Lennon's Hibs or Levein's Hearts sides were presented with the same opportunity at home against a ten man hun team for 80+ minutes you can bet your bottom dollar they'd have swarmed them and gone for the throat. We stood back virtually paralysed by fear and still let them dictate the whole game. Fans are right to ask why.

45 minutes against a side missing both of their first choice centre halves. Shots on goal? None.

Well having watched McInnes interview and taken stock, I would say that if anything positive can be taken from yesterday's game it surely is that lessons have been learned by both players and management.

:laughing:

I shouldn't be laughing, but I think you need to lower your expectations Ern.

McInnes is way too stubborn and set in his ways to make the leap to learning lessons n' shit.

You don't think finishing behind no-one other than a team who have annual staff bills of over 50m is getting the best out of the players?

I do

Not really no. You've got to set your sights high.

We have had chances in the last 3-4 year that had we been a bit more positive we could have won a couple of more trophies at least.

Even had a sniff of the league. The finest example ever is conquering Europe with a home grown team.

Living in the past yes, but it shows what can be done with real determination.

• Upvote 5

45 minutes against a side missing both of their first choice centre halves. Shots on goal? None.

Before the match, I was screaming this so loudly, you could have heard it from Australia!  This was the ideal opportunity for McInnes to scratch around in his underpants and locate those testicles.

As it were, their new centre halves had the easiest introduction to the SPFL they could have imagined!  Christophe Berra could have left his newspaper out for them!

My takeaway was sure aberdeen has not been treated well with calls and decisions, plus all the injuries have really hurt.

But that first goal from hearts came from a guy who couldnt cut it on the belgian NT and has made some appearances for Cameroon. Hearts casts a wider net.

My takeaway was sure aberdeen has not been treated well with calls and decisions, plus all the injuries have really hurt.

But that first goal from hearts came from a guy who couldnt cut it on the belgian NT and has made some appearances for Cameroon. Hearts casts a wider net.

Our goal came from a guy who had to be fished out a river with a net.

• Upvote 3

Lol

You think we should have put Burnley out and that was a bad result?

Where did I say should? I said winnable, big difference. If Shinnie scored his chance or stevie may makes contact with the cross he gets then that tie was utterly winnable. That tie came down to small margins and the fact that we went into both games with a useless lump like Cosgrove up front set us at an immediate disadvantage. That came down to piss poor recruitment this summer and last.
  • Upvote 1

I cannot believe Millertime is continuing to champion Calderwood.

I've said it before and no doubt will say it again. He needs to be banned from the football forums and only given access to the pub forum.

His knowledge of football is atrocious, whereas his knowledge of treatments for a burnt back is superb.

Stick to what you know mate.

P.s. looking forward to this year's Christmas album.

• Upvote 1

alscotoz, on 21 Oct 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:snapback.png

It's been touched on a few times above. The squad isn't that bad but the manager doesn't have the nous to get the most out of them. Surely some of the players have now stopped listening.

It's all relative but look at the guy at Chelsea. Didn't change much personnel wise, but tweaked things a bit and they're up near the top of the league having completely turned around the way they play and their attitude.

It can be done but if it isn't, then next week and the rest of the season doesn't look too flash.

McInnes couldn't complain he hasn't been given a fair go.

This sums up some of the utter shite posted by people on here, somehow drawing some sort of parallel between us and Chelsea

Everyone went mental but calderwood was right, our supporters have unrealistic expectations. Posters complaining about us not making the group stages yet rangers did despite easier games and a bigger playing budget. This is somehow McInnes’s fault though.

The lack of ticket sales for the rangers semi is pathetic too, people not going because we might get beat. What a shit support.

You really didn't read what I said, did you? The first part in bold is related to the situation at Aberdeen and I felt Chelsea were were a good comparison to look at, and I did say it was all relative. My point was that Sarri has already turned around basically the same squad that Conte could get very little out of in his final year. Players stopped listening to him, his message was not getting through, he lost the dressing room, whatever. I draw this parallel with the situation at Aberdeen because it appears there is the core of a good squad there but McInnes has lost them and is not getting the most out of them. A new voice may turn things around.

To directly compare Chelsea to Aberdeen is of course, ridiculous (I didn't do that). As ridiculous as your interpretation of my OPINION.

alscotoz, on 21 Oct 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:snapback.png

You really didn't read what I said, did you? The first part in bold is related to the situation at Aberdeen and I felt Chelsea were were a good comparison to look at, and I did say it was all relative. My point was that Sarri has already turned around basically the same squad that Conte could get very little out of in his final year. Players stopped listening to him, his message was not getting through, he lost the dressing room, whatever. I draw this parallel with the situation at Aberdeen because it appears there is the core of a good squad there but McInnes has lost them and is not getting the most out of them. A new voice may turn things around.

To directly compare Chelsea to Aberdeen is of course, ridiculous (I didn't do that). As ridiculous as your interpretation of my OPINION.

Which players are not listening to McInnes and which ones has he lost in the dressing room?

It’s nothing like overpaid primadonas at Chelsea spitting the dummy. A shite analogy.

• Downvote 2

Which players are not listening to McInnes and which ones has he lost in the dressing room?

There must be some explanation for the all too familiar crap first half performances, especially in big games. DM must either not be preparing them properly (firing them up) or the players have heard it all before, know that it won't work, switch off and take the field lacking in confidence.

No

We went out of THAT the because our defence couldn't handle Sam Vokes or Chris wood

That could never be described as winnable tie

Our star player that we want at least £10million for was beaten quite easily for the equaliser at Pittodrie, people seem unable to grasp that despite being a shite English team Burnley are better than us by a distance.
  • Downvote 1

Such as who?

The team as a whole never seems to impose itself. They concede ground, play too deep, punt the ball up the pitch rather than have the confidence to play it around. When is the last time they went out in a so called big match and took the game by the scruff of the neck from the start? There's a deep-seated problem at the club which the manager is either part of or cant fix. Either way its the beginning of the end for him.

The team as a whole never seems to impose itself. They concede ground, play too deep, punt the ball up the pitch rather than have the confidence to play it around. When is the last time they went out in a so called big match and took the game by the scruff of the neck from the start? There's a deep-seated problem at the club which the manager is either part of or cant fix. Either way its the beginning of the end for him.

Suspect it's familiarity to an extent. Can work against things