Out Of Contract

Without slating your opinion here, the same could have been said for the whole of Mackies career

Joking aside though, I trust your opinions on the youth players more than most one here.

As said, Jack's a really determined, combative defender, but no lack of ability on the ball too. I'd think he'd be a right pain in the arse to play against. Had a pretty bad time of it with injury a couple of years ago, and could have packed it all in as he's very academic but really wanted to give the football a go. I'd love to see him rewarded with a few first team opportunities. I doubt he'd let anyone down.

As said, Jack's a really determined, combative defender, but no lack of ability on the ball too. I'd think he'd be a right pain in the arse to play against. Had a pretty bad time of it with injury a couple of years ago, and could have packed it all in as he's very academic but really wanted to give the football a go. I'd love to see him rewarded with a few first team opportunities. I doubt he'd let anyone down.

I know it's hardly a good way to tell but thought he was superb against Locos last year when I saw him.

He came on and did things against hibs that no other player could

He is a massive loss

Shinnie was a massive loss.  GMS not so much....

GMS would have been nice to keep, if we could have him healthy and interested, but the reality is, he did nothing for at least 75% of his time here.  He had 4 brilliant months - and they were brilliant months - but that's all.

• Upvote 1
Guest the shepherd

Is it a coincidence that he'll now be living a stones throw away from Armstrong? Are there any good rivers down southampton/portsmouth way?

Nae a river as such but the Solent is a major watercourse down that way, probably far less forgiving than the River Kelvin

Shows how seriously he was considering staying at Aberdeen.

If Portsmouth in League One is enough for him to leave, what would have made him decide to stay? Waking up and finding that one of his legs had fallen off?

He's had a deal on the table from Aberdeen for months and in the last couple of days of his contract he goes down to speak to League 1 fucking Portsmouth?