Out Of Contract

Shows we won't be fucked about.  I get what you mean, but I do feel we get fucked about by players time and time again.

The rat is an example of one who should've never been allowed to pull on the shirt or kick a ball for us in any capacity again.

The rat should have been taken round the back of the south stand and left in such a state he wouldn't be kicking a ball again

'But I'll still be getting paid? Ok then.'

The threat of not playing for months on end would far outweigh just getting paid.  At least for any footballer serious about their career.

Fair enough is they're a useless shitebag, but then you'd hope we aren't playing them if they are anyway.

It's not like just getting paid is the same for a footballer either.  Without appearance fees etc their wages are less than what they'd be used to.

I'm not critical of the club too much here. Obviously want him to stay and have left the offer open. He looks like he might have been stringing them along though and using Aberdeen as a back up option.

It's hard for the club not to cut off their nose to spite their face in these instances. Players have a lot of bargaining power if they're in demand.

Shows we won't be fucked about.  I get what you mean, but I do feel we get fucked about by players time and time again.

The rat is an example of one who should've never been allowed to pull on the shirt or kick a ball for us in any capacity again.

You can only really get away with the scenario if you are a Man Utd or whatever though. Potentially Celtic at our level.

It's shite but it's how it is.

Thats just about our only exciting player exiting to league 1 Portsmouth. 

Expecting the dogshit we served up last season to be considerably worse now.

I don't get where people are getting the sense that the club has been dicked around by players? The club knows how long players are contracted for and has probably had a pretty good idea who was going to renew or otherwise for quite a while.

GMS carried us for the first 4 months or so of last season, we'd have probably been struggling to be in the top 6 without him. That was much more valuable than whatever derisory fee we might have got if we tried to punt him last summer.

We have been completely dicked around by the out of contract players this season.

McInnes likes to manage the situation.

You can absolutely guarantee that DM will say in the next couple weeks that he's known all year which players were leaving and as he works two transfer windows in advance has been preparing for life without them for long enough.

I'm not sure why he likes to go in for that bantz but every single season

McInnes will be well up for some quality trolling of the support this week:

- knew those players would be leaving all year

- happy to go with what weve got

- wont bring in any players that are not better than what we have

- weve already made five solid signings with Hedges, Taylor, Main, Logan and Lewis

• Downvote 2

June 2019

Gary Mackay-Steven

June 2020

Tomas Cerny

Danny Rogers

Stephen Gleeson

Frank Ross*

Derek McInnes

Tony Docherty

June 2021

Shay Logan*

Ash Taylor

Andrew Considine*

Michael Devlin

Scott Wright

Dean Campbell

Ethan Ross

Connor McLennan

Bruce Anderson

Niall McGinn

Stevie May

June 2022

Ryan Hedges

Sam Cosgrove

June 2023

Scott McKenna

June 2024

Lewis Ferguson

Joe Lewis

* club holds option to extend by 1 year

Development Players (where a contract length has been announced)

Luc Bollan - May 2020

Jack MacKenzie - May 2021

Michael Ruth - May 2021

Possible MT but on other side of coin everyone got behind Kenny McLean in a not too dissimilar situation

Difference with Kenny McLean is that he announced he was leaving, then signed a pre-contract with Norwich.  No messing around.

Shinnie and GMS kept up this pretense that they were mulling over our offer, or too busy to think about... this went on for months.  Both of these sagas were over 6 months each. The only way either of them were going to sign was if they had nothing better.

Would have had more respect for them if they'd gone down the Kenny McLean route and just announced they were definitely leaving.  

Difference with Kenny McLean is that he announced he was leaving, then signed a pre-contract with Norwich.  No messing around.

Shinnie and GMS kept up this pretense that they were mulling over our offer, or too busy to think about... this went on for months.  Both of these sagas were over 6 months each. The only way either of them were going to sign was if they had nothing better.

Would have had more respect for them if they'd gone down the Kenny McLean route and just announced they were definitely leaving.  

To be fair to Shinnie, he had to wait until the Derby transfer embargo situation got resolved before he knew what he was doing. If that fell through, he might well have stayed. 

GMS, fuck knows. Mulled over the New York contract, which he openly admitted he was "thinking" about. Then they pulled out and he was probably scrambling around looking for other options. 

GMS isn't a miss. He only played something like 20 games last season and was only decent in around half of them. 

McInnes will be well up for some quality trolling of the support this week:

- knew those players would be leaving all year

- happy to go with what weve got

- wont bring in any players that are not better than what we have

- weve already made five solid signings with Hedges, Taylor, Main, Logan and Lewis

This is just a shooftapoofta post, but with a bit of formatting.

• Upvote 1

Difference with Kenny McLean is that he announced he was leaving, then signed a pre-contract with Norwich. No messing around.

Shinnie and GMS kept up this pretense that they were mulling over our offer, or too busy to think about... this went on for months. Both of these sagas were over 6 months each. The only way either of them were going to sign was if they had nothing better.

100% with you on this. As many are bored of on here I am

not a fan of the pretence

Thats just about our only exciting player exiting to league 1 Portsmouth. 

Expecting the dogshit we served up last season to be considerably worse now.

Generally they play opposite  sides, why not both? Are we only allowed one exciting attacker? 

You've changed your tune pretty quickly.

• Upvote 1

If GMS hadn't suffered that horrific injury, I wonder how long his run of consistent form would have lasted.  Even a couple more months and he'd have bested McGinn.  On his return from injury, he wasn't interested sadly..

Even during his consistent period he wasn't offering a great deal. We started to perform much better as a unit when he was injured.

Even during his consistent period he wasn't offering a great deal. We started to perform much better as a unit when he was injured.

I'd beg to differ.  I've never been a GMS fan, throughout his career, but he was on another level to every other player (apart from big joe) pre-injury last season.

You've changed your tune pretty quickly.

How?

I'm suggesting we might have 2 exciting attacking players in McLennan and GMS. Notice the 'just about' in the first post. 

ok?