Funso Ojo

1 hour ago, King Street Loon said:

The problem with Ojo and our other midfielders is that they are too safe and risk averse.

None of them are prepared to play a risky pass to get someone to run onto it. It always sideways and backwards. You could argue that the players ahead often aren't making runs, but it's the same for all the midfield. 

Did anyone else see the Campbell pass (sorry Ollie) that admittedly slightly over hit was basically for Hoban to run onto (which he did) to which the commentator said “well that’s a pass to nowhere”

Sorry, that’s the forward pass I want!

Or did I imagine that?

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, redstrummer said:

spot on . What i've been thinking too . Numerous times they play decent fitba and when the ball is on they do the safety thing first and play it back , frustrates the fuck out of me . That needs to be coached out 

Particularly when you’ve Hayes, Kennedy, Wright, now Watkins, McLennan all looking for the ball to run onto.

Cosgrove is never going to outrun anyone but it’s like they all train with him and only him.

On 8/21/2020 at 10:19 PM, daytripping said:

He's made a great living out of football, has one of those big 4 by 4 Porsches, you don't get that by being crap, thought 2nd half he started to settle. There's a player there. No one should be judged on the first half, whole team had a mare.

Because car finance isn’t a thing ??‍♂️

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Has this cunt ever had a good game for us?

I'm really struggling to remember any game where he's stood out? There must be one or two, but I'm struggling.

Don't struggle.

It hasn't happened.

Some fell for one or two of his earlier games against easy opposition when he had fuck all to do, but the bottom line is he's shite.

No way near good enough for us if we want to be consistent and challenging positively as the season progresses.

A total imposter.

Guilty of believing the early hype against dross (Chikura maybe?) 

He'd been poor since the Rijeka game when he got sent off. Was arite vs St Mirren in the cup, from what I remember. 

Yesterday he was terrible. Don't know if he's just not gelling with the team or what. They had a 4th goal chopped off in the first half due to his poor pass. He just can't seem to find a teammate...unless it's a 2 yard sidewatrds ba. 

Guest the shepherd
1 hour ago, Zeus said:

Guilty of believing the early hype against dross (Chikura maybe?) 

He'd been poor since the Rijeka game when he got sent off. Was arite vs St Mirren in the cup, from what I remember. 

Yesterday he was terrible. Don't know if he's just not gelling with the team or what. They had a 4th goal chopped off in the first half due to his poor pass. He just can't seem to find a teammate...unless it's a 2 yard sidewatrds ba. 

He's simply not good enough. There is a massive gulf in class between Scunthorpe United and Aberdeen, and sadly he has been exposed as being very average at best, certainly not good enough for us. Whoever scouted him is more to blame however. 

2 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Europe is good, but if all these extra games are gonna fuck up our season by forcing Mciness to play shite like Ojo, is it really worth it. 

Yes if we make the groups.  A bit of ambition And a fair draw and we  could do that.  Whereas in the league and we scrape third we could spend a shitload (we have relatively speaking)  and come a decent third.  But still third.

10 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Yes if we make the groups.  A bit of ambition And a fair draw and we  could do that.  Whereas in the league and we scrape third we could spend a shitload (we have relatively speaking)  and come a decent third.  But still third.

Yeah you're right. Just frustrating that with Huns and Hibs dropping points, we go and fuck it up spectacularly. 

I'm officially done with Ojo though, don't ever want to see his name on the teamsheet again regardless of how many games we've played in quick succession. 

It's a fucking tragedy that McInnes feels he has pull McCrorie out of that midfield role.