#3241 OFFLINE   Oregon Red

Oregon Red

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Joined 23-December 13

Posted Today, 09:34 AM

May is gonna end up 2 years down the road at Hibs or Dundee.

$600K is way to much for Moult but if we do spend that much we can  make it back with interest.

#3242 ONLINE   Ernie McCracken

Ernie McCracken

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts
  • Joined 19-January 06

Posted Today, 09:36 AM

Or maybe DM initially thought May was a cheaper option and a bit of nostalgia so he tried him first. Now he's on to the more expensive option?

In any case, if AFC assessed that Moult was worth £350k before he played in the league cup and got cup tied then he must naturally be worth less now.

AFC can only win the league cup and/ or the Scottish cup. We should sign players help us achieve this.

Fuck being the first loser in a fixed league. Silverware trumps that every time.
Bryce, I gotta get bigger man

#3243 ONLINE   Sheepo

Sheepo

Good Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 20-July 17

Posted Today, 09:44 AM

I don't think we will pay 600k I think it is paper talk probably around 450k. May would be a risk due to the horrendous injury he had and the lack of games and goals since his injury. Moult is 25 and improving every year, he has scored a lot of goals for a poor Well team and with better service he will only get better

#3244 ONLINE   Ernie McCracken

Ernie McCracken

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts
  • Joined 19-January 06

Posted Today, 09:50 AM

So Moult comes in and hits the ground running, is banging the goals and is in superb form.

We manage to get to the league final and it's against celtic.

So now we have to play against them without Christie and our big summer singing plus whatever injuries we may have.

If they wanted Moult they should've just fucking signed him 2 weeks ago.

P.S. I am hoping someone in the know is gonna correct me and say that playing in the group stages doesn't cup tie players for later rounds.

Edited by Ernie McCracken, Today, 09:52 AM.

Bryce, I gotta get bigger man

#3245 OFFLINE   thegodfuzzy

thegodfuzzy

Good Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 03-July 17

Posted Today, 09:54 AM

Looks like May is staying and both Moult and May are guys who are out of contract next year. I would hold off and bring them in for nowt if thats the case come January. We have options up front, Maynard is a mobile guy and a wee run around. Rooney, Maynard, Stockley and I would say ye could even stick Wright or Stewart up front if needed. Moult, for me, although good, is not worth the reported fee. Stand Free!

#3246 OFFLINE   redstrummer

redstrummer

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Joined 31-May 11

Posted Today, 09:56 AM

I'm starting to think Moult is the better option than May anyway . They are both similar in style /type of striker . Moult doesn't have the injury concerns that May has 

#3247 ONLINE   Sheepo

Sheepo

Good Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 20-July 17

Posted Today, 10:06 AM

Looks like May is staying and both Moult and May are guys who are out of contract next year. I would hold off and bring them in for nowt if thats the case come January. We have options up front, Maynard is a mobile guy and a wee run around. Rooney, Maynard, Stockley and I would say ye could even stick Wright or Stewart up front if needed. Moult, for me, although good, is not worth the reported fee. Stand Free!

Aye and Moult bangs in 20 goals for Well and becomes more attractive to Sevco and England and then all on here would be slaughtering Milne for not paying the fee now

#3248 OFFLINE   NPRC

NPRC

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • Joined 04-January 07

Posted Today, 10:12 AM

Moult seems to have a bit of the Michael Higdon/Chris Sutton about him: foul the defender before the ref has caught up with play, then have a free attempt on goal.
Posted Image

#3249 OFFLINE   fifered

fifered

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,652 posts
  • Joined 08-January 08

Posted Today, 10:24 AM

Unless Maynard is the answer, which none of us know, then we need another striker.  If Moult is who mcinnes wants, get him in so he can play in europe.  Rooney and Stockley are not good enough against these teams.

#3250 OFFLINE   jimmymcnulty

jimmymcnulty

Good Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 15-July 17

Posted Today, 10:30 AM

I don't think we will pay 600k I think it is paper talk probably around 450k. May would be a risk due to the horrendous injury he had and the lack of games and goals since his injury. Moult is 25 and improving every year, he has scored a lot of goals for a poor Well team and with better service he will only get better

Can't see Motherwell letting him go for £450k with over a month of the window to run. Maybe at the end of August if they haven't had a better offer but not while he's pinging in free kicks for them and there's plenty of time for them to hawk the player around the English market (which is also likely to be the player's preferred destination). Their General Manager has pretty much said that they value him at more than £500k and implied that it'd take more than that for them to do business. I'd say they'll be aiming for a deal on par with what they got for Marvin Johnson from Oxford which is supposedly £650k + 25% sell on.

This cash plus either Stockley or Storey doesn't really add up either. Motherwell already have three Stockley-type players on their books in Alex Fisher (who they just signed), Ryan Bowman and Jacob Blyth (who's injured and they're trying to get shot of) so I can't really see them wanting to add another. Their manager has said that he wants to add pace up front so again, Stockley's hardly likely to be the answer there.

From the sound of his post-match interview yesterday it sounded like Alan Archibald was saying that Storey to Thistle is a thing. 

Motherwell will sell Moult in this window, their business model is to bring in players and sell them on for profit, so there's not a chance he'll be available on a pre-contract in January. As far as I can see McInnes has two options here (if he wants someone in now), he can either make Motherwell an offer that matches their valuation or move on to a different target.

Edited by jimmymcnulty, Today, 10:57 AM.

#3251 ONLINE   YorkDon

YorkDon

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Joined 06-June 17

Posted Today, 10:31 AM

A fit and firing Stevie May wouldn't be on our radar at all given the inflated English market.It's a huge gamble given the injury he's had.

Whilst the fee for Moult seems too much,if Deek wants him,then I reckon we pay it and get him in.I'm not sure if it's as high as the rumours are saying.

His record in a poor Motherwell side is very good.Rooney is roughly a goal every 2 games I think for us,and Moult isn't too far behind in the last few years.Sometimes you need to take a gamble.If it worls for you,everyone is happy,if not,the bed wetters will be out in force...

Edited by YorkDon, Today, 10:35 AM.

#3252 ONLINE   YorkDon

YorkDon

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Joined 06-June 17

Posted Today, 10:32 AM

Double post

Edited by YorkDon, Today, 10:33 AM.

#3253 ONLINE   RAZOR

RAZOR

Bird > Word

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,041 posts
  • Joined 08-June 09

Posted Today, 10:41 AM

Unless Maynard is the answer, which none of us know, then we need another striker.  If Moult is who mcinnes wants, get him in so he can play in europe.  Rooney and Stockley are not good enough against these teams.

Well a few of us do know the answer. We're realists. He's not the answer.

“When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw.”

#3254 OFFLINE   fifered

fifered

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,652 posts
  • Joined 08-January 08

Posted Today, 10:48 AM

Well a few of us do know the answer. We're realists. He's not the answer.

Most likely

Edited by fifered, Today, 10:48 AM.

#3255 OFFLINE   Woody21

Woody21

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Joined 08-August 15

Posted Today, 12:21 PM

Miles Storey not in squad for Brechin.
If not injured he's gone.
Hope that's signal that Moult deal is closer to being done. COYR.

#3256 OFFLINE   StandFree1982

StandFree1982

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,859 posts
  • Joined 29-May 09

Posted Today, 12:24 PM

Aye he is. He is in the starting 11.

Edit - He's not in the squad FOR Brechin. He's in the Dons starting 11.

Edited by StandFree1982, Today, 12:25 PM.

#3257 OFFLINE   Woody21

Woody21

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Joined 08-August 15

Posted Today, 12:30 PM

Aye he is. He is in the starting 11.

Edit - He's not in the squad FOR Brechin. He's in the Dons starting 11.

Memo to self - "learn to read".
As a punishment have placed £30 on > 4.5 goals @ 4/1. We'll see how that goes😉

#3258 ONLINE   Sonoftherock

Sonoftherock

Director of Football

• Moderators
  • 10,297 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05

Posted Today, 12:53 PM

If 600K buys us this , then BHH i say 

First thing that stands out about that video is Moults movement.  Looks outstanding - has that ability to slip his marker at the final second.  A penalty box striker and no mistake.

With our supply line, I'd say he would certainly fancy a move up to Aberdeen.

"Whenever I'm in Edinburgh I roll with the T.Y.T (Tollcross Young Team)" - Romeo, So Solid Crew

#3259 ONLINE   RAZOR

RAZOR

Bird > Word

• Members
  • 18,041 posts
  • Joined 08-June 09

Posted Today, 01:17 PM

The Hat has 2 punishments available.

1) Send Nudes
2) Delete your account

Up to you.

“When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw.”

#3260 ONLINE   King Street Loon

King Street Loon

Experienced Campaigner

• Members
  • 15,576 posts
  • Joined 13-July 08

Posted Today, 02:36 PM

Boom.
Well done.

The Northern Lights of old Aberdeen

Mean home sweet home to me

The Northern Lights of Aberdeen

Are what I long to see

I've been a wanderer all of my life

And many a sight I've seen

God speed the day when l'm on my way

To my home in Aberdeen!!

#3261 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 22,251 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted Today, 02:48 PM

I'm starting to think Moult is the better option than May anyway . They are both similar in style /type of striker . Moult doesn't have the injury concerns that May has 

No, they're not

#3262 OFFLINE   redstrummer

redstrummer

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Joined 31-May 11

Posted Today, 02:59 PM

No, they're not

Oh yes they are 

#3263 OFFLINE   Hagi's pubic hair

Hagi's pubic hair

Good Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 01-July 17

Posted Today, 03:08 PM

Most likely

if Maynard is the answer, what was the fucking question again?

#3264 OFFLINE   shooftahmooftah

shooftahmooftah

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Joined 13-September 14

Posted Today, 03:16 PM

The longer Milne and the rest pussyfoot about how much moult is worth And should they or shouldn't they sign him. Moult is going to go south. What's another couple of hundred thousand on top of 400000. To megabucks Milne and company. Get moult signed Milne.plus keep your gob shut about your new favourite team Rangers.

#3265 ONLINE   Sonoftherock

Sonoftherock

Director of Football

• Moderators
  • 10,297 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05

Posted Today, 03:22 PM

if Maynard is the answer, what was the fucking question again?

What's the most popular brand of wine gum?

"Whenever I'm in Edinburgh I roll with the T.Y.T (Tollcross Young Team)" - Romeo, So Solid Crew

#3266 OFFLINE   Redstar

Redstar

Legend

• Members
  • 10,216 posts
  • Joined 18-January 11

Posted Today, 03:56 PM

The longer Milne and the rest pussyfoot about how much moult is worth And should they or shouldn't they sign him. Moult is going to go south. What's another couple of hundred thousand on top of 400000. To megabucks Milne and company. Get moult signed Milne.plus keep your gob shut about your new favourite team Rangers.

Good post...I too am confused as to the enormity of the additional £200k?... for a club who just pulled in £1.3m we appear to be reverting to type and looking like the grippet hoors we are.

#3267 OFFLINE   Dunty

Dunty

Breakthrough Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Joined 13-December 16

Posted Today, 04:06 PM

Good post...I too am confused as to the enormity of the additional £200k?... for a club who just pulled in £1.3m we appear to be reverting to type and looking like the grippet hoors we are.

Really?

McInnes has already said some of the Hayes money helped secure Logan and Lewis on new contracts, and you imagine Maloney and Arnason deals will be lucrative.

Transfer fee (albeit minimal) paid for GMS, wages for Christie and Stewart, and we're looking to sign Moult and probably another defender.

Wouldn't say that's stingy at all. We can't just throw money at Motherwell. We could probably get Moult for half the price in January.

#3268 OFFLINE   maryhilldon

maryhilldon

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Joined 18-January 16

Posted Today, 04:13 PM

How many players were released though? A lot of wages freed up, plus the Hayes cash, plus Europa income, plus Cormack investment. Been tightening the belt since forever, time to speculate to accumulate.

#3269 OFFLINE   shooftahmooftah

shooftahmooftah

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Joined 13-September 14

Posted Today, 04:25 PM

Really?

McInnes has already said some of the Hayes money helped secure Logan and Lewis on new contracts, and you imagine Maloney and Arnason deals will be lucrative.

Transfer fee (albeit minimal) paid for GMS, wages for Christie and Stewart, and we're looking to sign Moult and probably another defender.

Wouldn't say that's stingy at all. We can't just throw money at Motherwell. We could probably get Moult for half the price in January.

. They need moult now. Not January Some other club will go for him if Aberdeen fart around get him signed. Mcinnes Milne cormack and rest of directors. Wakey wakey

42 user(s) are browsing this forum

11 members, 31 guests, 0 anonymous users