Motherwell V Aberdeen (0 - 2)

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night was just terrific.

I think that was the best display of resolve and determination I've ever seen from a Dons side in my time supporting them. I did not think for a second that we'd make it to the semi-final when Joe was sent off. Bounce for both goals was incredible, certainly gave the folks in the corporate box right behind us a good fright.

Highlights now on the BBC website. Longer already available on RedTV.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24766245

For me, a superb result but let's not ignore the fact that despite being given multiple warnings in the form of the disallowed goal and the red card, we didn't "wake up" until ... Well, Considine's goal more-or-less. We could hardly string a pass together, let alone play any kind of football that might build to something. Yes, we had a man less but we made Motherwell look far, far better than they were by conspiring to pass the ball straight to them - and I don't mean by punting balls over the top, or panic clearances - I mean straight to them from six yards.

Dons' Set pieces were with the exception of the corner for Considine's BULLDOZER, were abysmal.

Superb engine on Wilo Flood; he never stopped running. Vital block from Langfield to stop what seemed a certain goal for the Well, but by God his kicking is absolutely dreadful.

Still, this is the mark of a capable team; putting in a sub-standard performance, and snatching victory.

I'm sure I could hear the sonic boom from Hayes' shot as he rifled it into the net. He looked up, picked his spot and absolutely launched it.

Incredible support and what an atmosphere at the end.

Thanks for bringing a bit of sanity to the forum Terrorfex...a great result where it looks like we had the rub of the green...Mchun still has a mountain to climb...it's not like we haven't been here before.

INJURED: Magennis & Murray

Vernon, Robson, Wylde and Considine pushing for starts. Clark looking to get involved in the travelling squad

Does Anderson start? Does Robson start? The only two questions I am afraid sorry Vernon/Wylde

Langfield

Shaughnessy Anderson Reynolds Considine

McGinn Jack Pawlett Flood Hayes

Zola

subs: Weaver, Hector, Vernon, Robson, Wylde

others: Robertson, Smith, Clark

Prediction: 1-1 at 90 minutes

No way will Anderson start, we rested a Hector and Considine so I'm expecting them to start.

Ando still has it

Was anyone sitting up the back oh the top deck??

There was some gadjee we a faded Aberdeen flag tied roond him shouting some crazy shit. He was singing songs oot oh tune and making up shit songs on his own.

The remarks thing was coming away we we're hysterical. Shouting close him down when we're in position and push up when we're defending are just daft!!!!

Heaps oh were lookn back and laughing. The folk that he was we kept sayn they were gan to fuck off at half time spewing they didna fuckn grinding ma bones listening tae nut jobs all the game.

I love a sing and encouragement shout but fuck me lets keep it sane.......

Was anyone sitting up the back oh the top deck?? There was some gadjee we a faded Aberdeen flag tied roond him shouting some crazy shit. He was singing songs oot oh tune and making up shit songs on his own.The remarks thing was coming away we we're hysterical. Shouting close him down when we're in position and push up when we're defending are just daft!!!!Heaps oh were lookn back and laughing. The folk that he was we kept sayn they were gan to fuck off at half time spewing they didna fuckn grinding ma bones listening tae nut jobs all the game. I love a sing and encouragement shout but fuck me lets keep it sane.......

Sounds like Muttonhumper overdid the corporate hospitality again.

I haven't seen the highlights but from what I've read the victory had as much to do with the captain stepping up to the plate as it had with any tactical master stroke from the manager...Well played Russell.

More negative shite towards the manager.

You really are a windup merchant.

Was anyone sitting up the back oh the top deck??

There was some gadjee we a faded Aberdeen flag tied roond him shouting some crazy shit. He was singing songs oot oh tune and making up shit songs on his own.

The remarks thing was coming away we we're hysterical. Shouting close him down when we're in position and push up when we're defending are just daft!!!!

Heaps oh were lookn back and laughing. The folk that he was we kept sayn they were gan to fuck off at half time spewing they didna fuckn grinding ma bones listening tae nut jobs all the game.

I love a sing and encouragement shout but fuck me lets keep it sane.......

:hysterical: I'm just chuffed broon still takes an interest.

After letting everything simmer doon, and after watching a few replays, I can only come to the conclusion that the BBC have missed out Langfields "wonder save" to keep us in it at 0-0 as the only save you see him make is actually a dreadful piece of goalkeeping, parrying a weak shot from 15 yards or so straight out in to the middle of his area, compounded thereafter by woefully flapping at fresh air from the resulting corner.

I might be missing something. Perhaps the good folks on here from the goalkeeping fraternity can piss on my chips.

Thanks for bringing a bit of sanity to the forum Terrorfex...a great result where it looks like we had the rub of the green...Mchun still has a mountain to climb...it's not like we haven't been here before.

Starzo, you were right about the old windbag.

Give King Del a break, no gaffer in recent memory would have got that result.

After letting everything simmer doon, and after watching a few replays, I can only come to the conclusion that the BBC have missed out Langfields "wonder save" to keep us in it at 0-0 as the only save you see him make is actually a dreadful piece of goalkeeping, parrying a weak shot from 15 yards or so straight out in to the middle of his area, compounded thereafter by woefully flapping at fresh air from the resulting corner.

I might be missing something. Perhaps the good folks on here from the goalkeeping fraternity can piss on my chips.

It was an awful moss, rather than a decent save.