Stewart Milne's Legacy

Shite.  No cunt outside of Aberdeenshire had heard of the clown before he got involved with the dons.  Fast forward a few years and there's Stewart Milne hooses getting built all over the country.  Aberdeen FC have been very good for Stewart Milne.  Stewart Milne's been a fucking disaster for Aberdeen.

Kelt hit the nail on the head.

Anyone thanking that inept tcheuchter fuck needs their head looking

Goes without saying.

I'm the voice of reason. 

:coffee:

Aye I know - Cormacks put more in in the past 6 months.......

How much has Cormack put in then over the past six months?

And as for your other point, Stewart Milne was was an established company well before he built the RDS. If as you are claiming that nae one had heard of him outside Aberdeenshire, just shows you how desperate the Donald's were to fuck off selling Aberdeen to a so called no mark nae bastard had heard of.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

True wrt hindsight, but we should have had foresight as well.

There was a total lack of due diligence with that appointment - he didn't just suddenly turn into a gambling, reckless booze-hound when he became our manager.

Indeed, when he was forced into a public statement, he admitted the situation had existed for "years".

People at Inverness (and in football more generally) must have known the situation, but chose to wash their hands by selling us a pup, rather than getting him help.

Duncan Shearer must have known fine well what was going on, over years.

No doubt the situation was behind why he suddenly went from supposedly signing a long term deal with caley, to suddenly being our boss.

And its a disgrace that football seems just to have left him to rot: he was still having very public drink problems very recently.

He was going to get the Dundee utd job previously but then Eddie Thompson apparently contacted killie chairman at the time who was a senior police chief.

He informed him about peles issues that were well known in inverness. And Thompson looked elsewhere

And as for your other point, Stewart Milne was was an established company well before he built the RDS. If as you are claiming that nae one had heard of him outside Aberdeenshire, just shows you how desperate the Donald's were to fuck off selling Aberdeen to a so called no mark nae bastard had heard of.

Over £9 million.

How many Stewart Milne hooses were being built outside of the North East pre 1994?

He was going to get the Dundee utd job previously but then Eddie Thompson apparently contacted killie chairman at the time who was a senior police chief.

He informed him about peles issues that were well known in inverness. And Thompson looked elsewhere

Apparently Inverness were quite upfront about Pele's drink problem.  Milne and co thought they were bullshitting to put us off

Are you o the board or doing PR for Milne?

Guest the shepherd

shaved ape worships it the alter o milne. if thir twa fans it the opisite end eh the spectum its the shaved ape n miller..wans a foolhardy bastart thit wid die fir the club..n wans a cunt in replica shorts n socks thit disna like tae leave the hoose

Can you translate this to Gaelic min so I can understand it? Am lost.

Interesting comment in the P&J article today.  Basically saying McInnes was his best decision, brought stability, pride, a cup  etc etc.  I dont particularly disagree with anything he says other than the inference that he (and his resultant impact) was the best we could hope for.  Not the worst.  We're a million miles from the noughties.  But there's an arguement to be had if his style achieved as much as we should have at the time.

In the early years of Milne's involvement with the club, namely when executive vice-chairman and then the first years as chairman, we signed some excellent footballers, on good money.  It wasn't only Aberdeen FC that were spending alot of money on players, everyone was at it in the mid-90s.

For me, it would be very interesting to understand what proper football people think about Milne's attitude to running a football club in those early years.  Was he naive in trusting the managers too much and sanctioning money being chucked at the team?  In hindsight, this is the way it looked after what transpired, but it could also have gone the other way; the 1995 league cup win maybe papering over the cracks.  At face value, he backed his managers with cash during this time.  Any manager will tell you they love that.  And in the moment, we as fans revelled in the fact we could afford good players and be competitive.  Ultimately however, we weren't competitive.  The managers that were employed didn't manage their players effectively enough.  Was Milne to blame for the managers not doing their job?  There are alot of things that go on behind the scenes at football clubs that fans never get to know about.  For me, from what I can gather during this period, Milne was incredibly naive, and I think he came to realise this when he began employing Chief Executives.

This ultimately came to be a spectacular financial fall-out from this period in our history leading to years of gloom and mediocre footballers.  Some of the mediocre footballers that were lauded by younger generations of fans during the following years showed how far our star had fallen.

Other unscrupulous football chairmen have let their teams go bust and ran away rather than working to keep their clubs afloat so if there is one thing to be thankful to Stewart Milne for, it is for sticking around and making sure we didn't go bust.  But that's probably actually quite cynical; it's a bit like sailing on a cruise across the ocean and thanking the captain that he didn't crash into an iceberg.  So Stewarty, thanks for the memories, I've no doubt we'll go into choppy waters at some point with the yanks coming aboard, but ultimately I doubt you'll have any true positive legacy at this club among the loyal paying customers.

• Upvote 1

The enhanced profile from being Aberdeen chairman certainly did him no harm.

You fucking wet wipe

That I agree with. I lived right beside Old Trafford a number of years back and was surprised to see he secured sizable housing contracts near me at the time. His profile as Chairman certainly helped him and this is the crux of many fans' argument right there - while his personal fortune raised significantly, that change was inversely proportional and in stark contrast to the Club's.

I still haven't forgiven the Wig Wam Bam for Alex Miller's appointment. Absolutely horrific and it was NOT a popular choice at the time, for what was proved to be good reason.

• Upvote 2

I quite like the analogy of thanking the captain for not crashing your ship into an iceberg during and Atlantic crossing.

But to put that in perspective, you have to imagine that on your safe arrival in the US you discovered that a number of other ships crossing that same week had in fact hit icebergs on the way.

Including the huntanic which went down with all cunts on deck.

Ach well, shame.

His management of appointing/sacking managers has been 50/50, with the late 90s/early 2000s doing the most damage to the club's finances.

Bad Manager Appointments

Miller - Terrible, spunked money and we were gash

Ebbe - Bad with maybe one good season but did more harm than good to the debt spending money on foreign duds

Paterson - Terrible 

McGhee - 20/20 hindsight as a lot were happy when appointed but the guy didn't want to be here. Should have been sacked long before he was.

Good Manager Appointments

Hegarty - Helped us stay up as we were down the bottom for a lot of that season after Miller with some big name players too.

Calderwood - Good appointment, turned the club around but was kept on too long

Brown - Steadied a sinking ship after McGhee (we were on course to go down that year) but again kept on too long.

McInnes - Undoubtedly turned the club around and has done the best of the lot but again is he staying on too long?

His management of appointing/sacking managers has been 50/50, with the late 90s/early 2000s doing the most damage to the club's finances.

Bad Manager Appointments

Miller - Terrible, spunked money and we were gash

Ebbe - Bad with maybe one good season but did more harm than good to the debt spending money on foreign duds

Paterson - Terrible

McGhee - 20/20 hindsight as a lot were happy when appointed but the guy didn't want to be here. Should have been sacked long before he was.

Good Manager Appointments

Hegarty - Helped us stay up as we were down the bottom for a lot of that season after Miller with some big name players too.

Calderwood - Good appointment, turned the club around but was kept on too long

Brown - Steadied a sinking ship after McGhee (we were on course to go down that year) but again kept on too long.

McInnes - Undoubtedly turned the club around and has done the best of the lot but again is he staying on too long?

You think we were gash under Miller lol. No point reading anything after that unless you mean Alex 11 men at the back Miller
  • Downvote 1