Goodwin Just what we need

8 hours ago, Kilgore Trout said:

I think this handsome hard Irish fuck is the breath of fresh air we all need 

Hopefully Gnashers will back the fuck off and let him get on with his job 

Welcome Jim I hope you exceed my expectations. 

Not sure he’s handsome tho when the mrs seen him on tv she said he’s old thought he was about 50 ?

I thought we’d probably get Jack Ross , mainly due to him being available.  I’m happier with Goodwin though and think he’s as good a choice as any of the other names realistically mentioned.  

One thing though , he shouldn’t be judged on the rest of this season.  The squad is mid-table quality , at best, so Goodwin can’t reasonably be expected to get us any higher than that , especially with the squad being depleted.  That’s not saying this season should be written off and used as a sort of free-hit/experiment.  If he can get more out of the squad than Glass did, fine.... that’ll bode well for next season. 

No matter how the rest of the season pans out , Goodwin needs to be given the chance to rebuild the squad with his own signings. And getting rid of whoever he doesn’t want.

1 minute ago, redone said:

I thought we’d probably get Jack Ross , mainly due to him being available.  I’m happier with Goodwin though and think he’s as good a choice as any of the other names realistically mentioned.  

One thing though , he shouldn’t be judged on the rest of this season.  The squad is mid-table quality , at best, so Goodwin can’t reasonably be expected to get us any higher than that , especially with the squad being depleted.  That’s not saying this season should be written off and used as a sort of free-hit/experiment.  If he can get more out of the squad than Glass did, fine.... that’ll bode well for next season. 

No matter how the rest of the season pans out , Goodwin needs to be given the chance to rebuild the squad with his own signings. And getting rid of whoever he doesn’t want.

He should be judged on every game up to a point. I'm not one for writing off 1/3 of a season, there's still work to be done. 

Will be interesting to see if he can get a more consistent run going with this lot, half of which don't appear to want to be here.