Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

To all the ex "players" and "managers"

McInnes will offload Zola in summer and he did try and get rid in January but deal fell through.As stated , Tate is in on loan and is obviously shite, so will not be kept beyond the summer, in all fairness to McInnes , Tate has a good pedigree, and i think everyone expected more from him, Zola is one of the worst players i have seen at pittodrie and shouldn't be making the bench, but our squad is thin so who else is there to put on the bench? His fate was sealed against county mid-week when given a chance and skying a relatively simple chance.

McInnes will offload Zola in summer and he did try and get rid in January but deal fell through.As stated , Tate is in on loan and is obviously shite, so will not be kept beyond the summer, in all fairness to McInnes , Tate has a good pedigree, and i think everyone expected more from him, Zola is one of the worst players i have seen at pittodrie and shouldn't be making the bench, but our squad is thin so who else is there to put on the bench? His fate was sealed against county mid-week when given a chance and skying a relatively simple chance.

Shankland should be on the bench & Zola should be on loan at bloody Dunfirmline

Zola is dreadful

Calderwood displayed a complete ignorance of the internet and its importance in the modern era. Mind how he used to dismiss the people posting on fans' sites as mere "kids"? Totally out of touch. I think he'd have been shocked if he'd actually understood the demographics of these forums. I'd wager that a majority of posters (or at least regular posters) are 30+.

Kids indeed! An absolute numpty of a man.

To the ones who slagged off the support for not getting behind the team.

To the ones who moaned about getting abuse, about a lack of passion and support and fans getting on their back.

Have you been watching this season then?

- Have you seen what happens when a management and group of players that actually give a fuck about the team and fans, show it on the field?

- Have you seen what happens when a player who has gone off the boil recently (McGinn) finally gets a goal and gets an ovation from the support who stuck behind him want him back on form?

- Have you seen players like Pawlett and Hayes (who I reckon would run through a brick wall for the club) miss big games through injury but get massive support for the contribution they made anyway?

- Have you heard the way the crowd get behind the team and lift them when/if they go behind? Have you seen how that works when the support can see that the players actually give a fuck?

- Can you see the support even starting to believe that Clangers has turned a corner and found some form, and at least that he seems to give a fuck?

The "lack of support" and "poisonous fans" that the likes of Mulgrew and Aluko banged on about, and the criticism from McGhee (legend or not), seems to be strangely out of place this season.

Funny how when the Management and team aren't comprised of wage thieves, wannabe Huns, wannabe Tims, ghosts, journeymen and fat orange cunts and when we aren't constantly told by those employed to win some fucking trophies that we "canny expect tae compete with wee Coisty and big Walter Smith and the mighty Celtic", that the support get behind the team

Anyone reckon that these pricks got the support they deserved?

Funny what happens when a team actually try, actually seem to give a fuck and actually appear to have an affinity with the fans.

Long may it continue, and long may AFC continue to "try", because even if they ultimately fail, the giving a fuck and trying is something I for one can get behind and long may that continue too.

Had to put that thought out there. Next year it's Europe!!!!!!!!!

I'm framing that!

Zola: Terrible player, obviously had something that scouts like, but doesn't translate to the football field.

:laughing:

Would love to see him score again before he leaves and get the 'McGinn' congratulations from his team mates.

Calderwood displayed a complete ignorance of the internet and its importance in the modern era. Mind how he used to dismiss the people posting on fans' sites as mere "kids"? Totally out of touch. I think he'd have been shocked if he'd actually understood the demographics of these forums. I'd wager that a majority of posters (or at least regular posters) are 30+.

Kids indeed! An absolute numpty of a man.

I'd say the average age would be around 30+. Take Tommy out and that plummets to 25ish though.

I'd say everything has fallen into place for Derek. We've just gotten rid of the vast majority of the shite and for the first time in a long time, a manager was able to enter his post with a possible platform for success. To be fair to McGhee, who is still undoubtedly one of our worst managerial appointments, I'm pretty sure he attempted a DMc style turnaround but he didn't have the players to force through the change. They rebelled, and it culminated in a, well, what should have been a sackable offence, but shan't be mentioned. Brown done very well in planning for the future with a core of good players. Reynolds, Anderson, McGinn and Hayes being great signings. It wouldn't surprise me if his remit was to keep us up whilst building for the next man coming in.

It took us 5 years to get over the slump that we were left in when Jimmy left. In this time, we have gone from relegation fodder to second in the league, Human League Cup Champions and Scottish Cup Semi Finalists and we have a #19 chart hit to our names. It's just a shame it's taken so long to get here.

I'm fairly sure McInnes read my advice on here when he took over.

I must have missed the part where he resigned just after he took over and said "it's because I'm a hun bastard who's obviously not going to win at least one cup in my first full season".

• Upvote 10
  • 10 months later...

I'm going to "bump" this.

I still feel exactly the same as I did last year, but about 10 times as strongly.....loving seeing those wage thiefs and pricks having to eat there words.

Absolutely loved seeing Gregg Wylde's sad wee face on Saturday.....how's the career move working out Gregg?

Can't remember feeling this good about the team in a couple of decades.....probably 3 decades.

I still feel exactly the same as I did last year, but about 10 times as strongly.....loving seeing those wage thiefs and pricks having to eat there words.

Absolutely loved seeing Gregg Wylde's sad wee face on Saturday.....how's the career move working out Gregg?

Can't remember feeling this good about the team in a couple of decades.....probably 3 decades.

Its certainly one of the biggest league matches of my time.

The one regret we would probably all have is not reaching a cup final when Jimmy Calderwood was in charge.

Hahahaha. What a fucking waster. That just shows the level of ambition we used to have in our team. A "future Scotland international" happy at playing in the dregs of English fitba and his one regret is not getting to a final.

Where's the glamour? Where's the pride and passion? Where's the ambition? Fucking nowhere!

Far worse culprits than Gregg Wylde. Other than that, agree with the sentiment.

I just remember Ricky Foster saying he didn't want to play 1st Division Football and it brings a wee smile to my face and a warmth in my heart.

• Upvote 2

What's the problem with Wylde? Decent enough player, couldn't get in the team. Always had a decent attitude towards my wonderful club.

Not massively convinced he was either a decent player or had a good attitude. Every time McInnes has mentioned players who don't put the effort in will not stay at the club, has the general consensus not been that he is alluding to Wylde?

One of the most fitting characters for this thread is Mark Kerr. Recently punted by QOTS for engineering another dressing room bust up. Complete fanny. I actually can't believe Falkirk gave him another chance.

Have to say. No specific" issue with Wylde, and as you say, a long way from being a worst offender. He was possibly the last in a line of "too good for Aberdeen" types. I take some issue with him thinking that he should be guaranteed a first team start, particularly when the guy general starting ahead of him was Hayes though.

Only mention him because he was the only one of these types who was playing against us recently.

I'd have preferred to see Ricky Foster's sad wee face as we delivered a hiding to the the the Rangers, but you can't have everything I suppose.