To all the ex "players" and "managers"

The only reason that Wylde isn't seen as a big problem is because Del Boy shipped him out so quickly. If he'd stayed for his 3 year contract then he'd be getting slated.

EDIT: Add to that we were a team on the up and we were going to start challenging for titles and playing in Europe, I'd say it's worse for Wyled that he couldn't be bothered putting a shift in.

GREGG WYLDE insisted he was missing his mum’s cooking but Derek McInnes swears the winger should have shown more appetite to fight for his place at Aberdeen.

Wide man Wylde was shown the door at Pittodrie just six months into a three-year deal and immediately switched to St Mirren.

There’s no hard feelings from McInnes – but there is disappointment.

The Dons gaffer had high hopes for the former Rangers and Bolton speed merchant but an early-season injury left him playing catch-up and he was unable to make a dent in the first team with Peter Pawlett and Niall McGinn in stunning form.

Wylde, 22, yesterday told Record Sport his mum’s cooking would cure his homesickness but McInnes insisted he should have shown more hunger to be involved in Aberdeen’s league and cup charge.

The manager said: “We gave Gregg an opportunity to come and be part of something. We felt he had a part to play. He’s probably not had the opportunities he anticipated but the team has been doing very well.

“But that’s only part of the reason. Players get an opportunity every day in training to stake a claim.

“Having spoken to him a couple of weeks ago when he’d indicated the possibility of maybe going out on loan, I asked him to think seriously about what he could be giving up this season with us. When I spoke to him again on Tuesday after training he reiterated the fact he felt he needed to go out on loan.

“I told him to tell his agent and see if there was anything out there.

“It came to the stage where we decided rather than having the fall-back of him coming back to us in the summer, as St Mirren had indicated an interest in a loan deal, we felt it was best if he terminated with us and negotiated with whoever.

“We told Gregg we appreciated how difficult it is for all the players who haven’t been playing a major part but we just say to them, ‘You’ve got to dig deep and make sure you are ready to play your part and try to stay in the team’.

“We have a great set of lads here doing terrific and we have a lot to look forward to. We just want players who feel they have a part to play in that and embrace that.

“We wish him well and we’re sure he’ll get regular football at St Mirren. He’s not a bad lad – we were just looking for a wee bit more determination to fight his way into the team.”

McInnes is in the hunt to snap up David Goodwillie from Blackburn but he insisted Wylde’s departure had nothing to do with boosting his January transfer kitty.

The Dons boss is constantly on the lookout to bolster his squad but he knows there is no panic with his side flying high in second spot in the Premiership ahead of tomorrow’s Pittodrie clash with Inverness.

He said: “I know it has been reported Gregg left the club to free up funds but that had nothing to do with it. It was a footballing decision.

“I’ve been linked with a lot of strikers every day. We are in a position where if we want to act and get a player we can – regardless of Gregg moving on.

“There’s a chance we don’t bring anyone in because I won’t do it just for the sake of it.

“If I thought there was someone out there who I thought could help us meet the challenges ahead of us then I would do it.

“The money was there before Gregg left. I said a few weeks ago it wasn’t like I was desperate for the transfer window to open.

“But we do have big challenges ahead of us. We have to make sure we are as prepared as we can be and January gives you the opportunity to see where you are.

“It’s not just about making a signing for the sake of it.

“The players are on a terrific run at the minute and we’ve got to make sure we continue that – with or without new signings.”

McInnes is ready to welcome back defender Andy Considine for the Caley Thistle clash after the defender shrugged off a calf tear ahead of schedule.

If anyone could get the best out of Wylde, it would have been McInnes. Did he get rid of him too soon? not sure, Wylde clearly had an attitude problem that McInnes didn't like and got rid ASAP. He's going to be another player who has bags of talent but will ultimately end up playing in the championship because he wasn't willing to work hard and change his attitude.

I'm going to "bump" this.

I still feel exactly the same as I did last year, but about 10 times as strongly.....loving seeing those wage thiefs and pricks having to eat there words.

Absolutely loved seeing Gregg Wylde's sad wee face on Saturday.....how's the career move working out Gregg?

Can't remember feeling this good about the team in a couple of decades.....probably 3 decades.

I don't think Wylde actually wanted that career move... He just wasn't good enough for the mighty dons

eh?

weve still not quite sorted that...

thats what i love though

doing so, so well right now but still scope to improve

Yes we have. Livi, Alloa and Dumbarton all strolled past and our only defeats in cups have come from the eventual winners, finalists and what look to be a fellow top 6 side after dominating the game.

These aren't embarrassing, disappointing yes, but a long, long way from embarrassing.

If anyone could get the best out of Wylde, it would have been McInnes. Did he get rid of him too soon? not sure, Wylde clearly had an attitude problem that McInnes didn't like and got rid ASAP. He's going to be another player who has bags of talent but will ultimately end up playing in the championship because he wasn't willing to work hard and change his attitude.

He doesn't have bags of talent though. He has never shown that anywhere. He was quite quick, that's about it. Many of the Orcs that actually watched their team acknowledged that. He was fast but when it came to the final third he had little to zero impact.

I've been a Don for about 35 years now, and it's been a bloody long time since i've enjoyed it so much.

To have confidence that your team is being run correctly is bloody fantastic.

From signings and contract negotiations to events on the pitch. Magic.

Best of all though is the confidence that this isn't just a good wee spell.........

........ The future is RED.

So exciting and chasing the league dream and STILL the atmosphere at our ground is fucking abysmal.

Sad really.

Unfortunately that's an Aberdeen thing. Aberdonians seem to think it's normal to go around with a face like a slapped arse, being miserable about just about fucking everything. Anyone showing a bit of exuberance or excitement is immediately targeted as a 'gype'.

The Yanks take the approach that every pass of the ball deserves a cheer, and a goal is met with near orgasmic delight.

Somewhere in the middle might be a good balance.

Cheer up, Aberdonians.

Home fans are quieter at every ground. Especially at early kick offs.

We sing at all away games (drink & traveling helps)

Utd, may have a smaller support but they also are the same in the above respect, as are celtic (sing when they're winning at home).

Home supports are notoriously boring mostly, comes from the spread & variation of the fans.

Only club I know that have a decent atmos at home is Hearts but that is mainly down to the design of their stadium also & their need to keep trying to prove they have the best atmos.

It's like we are on the edge of our seats every game and a worried set of fans!

Let's enjoy this again! We have sung and danced through some utter shite through the years...

We have capable players, a top-notch manager who continues to develop and are set for the future.

The Singing Kettle style naff "come on you are our twelfth man, sing as one" bollocks before kick-off does nothing for me though.

Bring back the half time shoot out too!

COME ON YOU REDS!

:scarf::notworthy::flag:

It's like we are on the edge of our seats every game and a worried set of fans!

Let's enjoy this again! We have sung and danced through some utter shite through the years...

We have capable players, a top-notch manager who continues to develop and are set for the future.

The Singing Kettle style naff "come on you are our twelfth man, sing as one" bollocks before kick-off does nothing for me though.

Bring back the half time shoot out too!

COME ON YOU REDS!

:scarf::notworthy::flag:

They don't exist anymore cheel.

Fun Box is where its at.

Bit of Dotoman for the Inverness games?

Atmosphere wise it's an North East thing isn't it. If anyone gets too animated everyone gives it " fa's 'at fud "

I'm in the middle ground regarding singing etc. I like it when the crowd get behind the team at key points but wouldn't want to sit through 90 minutes + injury time of it non stop.

Thinking maybe a singing section would work as suggested, but folk that go to the singing section might end up stigmatised, i.e "bunch of spesh's in the singing section"