Latest Purchase Thread

Big Man

On 5/22/2021 at 2:57 PM, Sooper-hanz said:

Or diluting a glass of Tap5 with piss to take away the stench of Tap5. @Bluto10

reckon it was an off one. maybe it was the sediment? 

ive had a few recently and were good. but nowhere near as good as vitus, different gravy that stuff

19 minutes ago, styrofoamplates said:

What did you go for?

0-E4-FDA99-B3-EE-44-E3-ACB6-DDE0032-B60-

They’re bright and won’t be to everyone’s taste.

I’ve had issues with both achilles in the past so gone with a bit of extra cushioning.

Need to get the miles in my legs even though some of the run over Snowdon will possibly be scrambling a bit.Have some trail shoes for the majority of it, but the first 6 miles or so is meant to be tarmac.

20 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

0-E4-FDA99-B3-EE-44-E3-ACB6-DDE0032-B60-

They’re bright and won’t be to everyone’s taste.

I’ve had issues with both achilles in the past so gone with a bit of extra cushioning.

Need to get the miles in my legs even though some of the run over Snowdon will possibly be scrambling a bit.Have some trail shoes for the majority of it, but the first 6 miles or so is meant to be tarmac.

Nice! I like Saucony. I bought a pair of Ride 13's last year and love them. 

26 minutes ago, styrofoamplates said:

Nice! I like Saucony. I bought a pair of Ride 13's last year and love them. 

How much running do you do styro? 

I had a pair of Brooks before and I liked them, but the running bug hasn’t bitten me quite in the way I’d hoped yet, as I’ve always had little niggles and stuff that put me off.They are 10 years old and I’ll be lucky if I’ve done into the hundreds of miles in them.

Had some proper running training the other year with a wifie that worked with SportEngland and professional athletes and it brought up loads of problems, over striding, nae fully cycling the legs, and nae using my arm drive.

Who’d have thought running wasn’t just a case of putting one foot in front of the other quickly? 

Also went to a chiropractor and that has made a massive difference to my Achilles problems.

Here’s hoping they aren’t just an expensive pair of trainers that sit in the cupboard…

2 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

Does Lisa mind ?

I would’ve loved to have been all over her back in the day.Bet she’s rough now-will have to have a wee google.

2 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Have you read Born to Run by Christopher McDougall?  Id recommend the audio version as well. 

Will check it out hanzo.

3 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Im of the opinion YD, and i say this with the greatest respect, but that is a load of bollocks. Running is the most natural thing you can do and we all do it differently. You try and conform to a style that isn't natural and that's when you get injured. 

I hear ya hanzo and there is definitely a case for stuff being over analysed and picked apart to the point you just fuck it entirely.

My injuries have definitely improved since my sessions with her, so even if it’s just the placebo effect, it seems to have made a difference.

Ordered that book btw.Should be an interesting read.

42 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

How much running do you do styro? 

I had a pair of Brooks before and I liked them, but the running bug hasn’t bitten me quite in the way I’d hoped yet, as I’ve always had little niggles and stuff that put me off.They are 10 years old and I’ll be lucky if I’ve done into the hundreds of miles in them.

Had some proper running training the other year with a wifie that worked with SportEngland and professional athletes and it brought up loads of problems, over striding, nae fully cycling the legs, and nae using my arm drive.

Who’d have thought running wasn’t just a case of putting one foot in front of the other quickly? 

Also went to a chiropractor and that has made a massive difference to my Achilles problems.

Here’s hoping they aren’t just an expensive pair of trainers that sit in the cupboard…

Not that much York, up until about a year ago I don't think I'd ran properly since cross country at school. Then with lockdown I decided to give it a bash and got the bug from the first run. Had an old pair of Nike Flyknits that did the job for the first month and then bought a pair of Brooks Revels and that made a massive difference. The Nike's were giving me a bit of heel pain and didn't feel that great, but the Brooks were amazing. 

Then I got the Sauchony's just before Christmas as I was getting right into running and they were recommended and apparently you should have a few pairs of trainers if you run a bit as it takes a couple of days for the foam to get back into shape. (Probably marketing bollocks to sell more trainers. I work in marketing or a clothing company and it's the kind of shite we would spout). 

I like the Sauchony's, but I'd say overall I prefer the Brooks. They seem to be more comfortable on a longer run. 

I try and run every second day, so will usually do 6k during the week at lunchtime (only real reason is that the route I like to run is 6k and if it's a nice day there's usually some lovely young ladies in the park) and then on a Saturday or Sunday morning I'll try and do 10k. My times are fucking atrocious, but I enjoy it and that's the main thing. Stick a podcast on and run for an hour. Magic. 

Haven't attempted a race or anything yet as I've only been running since lockdown. But I might try the Amsterdam half marathon in October. 

If you don't keep it up then at least you've got a comfy as fuck pair of trainers to walk the dog and wash the car in ?