Youth Cup Final 2000/01

As it's the youth cup final at Hampden tonight.. I thought I'd see who was still kicking about from our winning team in 2001.

2000-2001 Final played at Hampden Park on Wed 09.05.2001 between Celtic and Aberdeen. The teams on that day were: Celtic: - Allan Morrison, David van Zanten, Stephen McManus ©, Peter Flynn, John Kennedy, Stephen Jack, Anthony McParland, Mark Fotheringham, Bryan Prunty, Shaun Maloney, Graham Fyfe. Mark Casey came on for Stephen McManus and David Murphy came on for Stephen Jack. Subs not used were Stephen Pinkowski, Craig Beattie and another I didn't get the name of. Named in the squad but not stripped were Troy Douglin, Simon Lynch, Chris Millar and Mark Molloy. Willie McStay was coach.

Aberdeen: - Mark Peat, Stephen Payne, Scott Morrison, Terry Kidd, Kevin McNaughton, Murray McCulloch, Darren Mackie, Ross O'Donoghue, Scott Michie, Fergus Tiernan, Bob Duncan. Alan Carella came on for Terry Kidd. Subs not used were Murray Watson, Calum McKenzie and Calum McHattie. Not stripped were Duncan Jones, Kevin Souter, James Pritchett, Steven Turner, Richie Fraser. Drew Jarvie was coach.

Game finished 0-2 for Aberdeen. Fergus Tiernan scored in the 2nd minute and Scott Michie scored in the 20th minute.

The referee was Charlie Richmond and the Assistant Referees were Scott Brown and Gordon MacKay and the 4th Official was Chris Boyle.

Looking at it, quite a surprise we won 2-0!

Mark Peat Berwick Rangers

Stephen Payne - juniors in Ayrshire somewhere???

Scott Morrison - dropped by hingmy in Dingwall

Fergus Tiernan - Dumbarton then the fire service??

Terry Kidd ?

Kev - Cardiff City

Murray McCulloch ?

Darren Mackie - Entering his testimonial season at Aberdeen

Ross O'Donoghue - Elgin City

Scott Michie - Mo, Peterhead, Locos, Main stand the other week

Bob Duncan - ?

Others are ??

Calum McKenzie played for Wilsons/Hillhead in the Juniors, Hayloft Amateurs. Had to give up the game due to an unfortunate injury which left him with a white powdery residue around the nasal area.

Calum McHattie had to unfortunately give up the game due a horrible oriental disease which left him with what looked like a second head growing out of his foot.

Calum McKenzie played for Wilsons/Hillhead in the Juniors, Hayloft Amateurs. Had to give up the game due to an unfortunate injury which left him with a white powdery residue around the nasal area.

Calum McHattie had to unfortunately give up the game due a horrible oriental disease which left him with what looked like a second head growing out of his foot.

Ah yes, the big loon that found a bit of bother in the town.

Was Bob Duncan the one that had a couple of years at Caley?

The Celtic team -

David van Zanten - St Mirren - Hibs - St. Mirren?

Stephen McManus - Boro

John Kennedy - Durranted

Anthony McParland - Presenting TV programs with his mate Dec.

Mark Fotheringham - Cyprus I think. Always remember you could sign him as a 13 year old in some form of Champo. Played for both Dundee clubs I think, and got sent off for Dundee against us at Pittodrie in a cup game.

Bryan Prunty - Pretty sure they only thing he ever did of note in his life was score against them at Celtic Park. Alloa now, or was in August anyway.

Shaun Maloney - Still there after having a wee spell at Villa. Made mostly of glass and/or balsawood.

Was Bob Duncan the one that had a couple of years at Caley?

The Celtic team -

David van Zanten - St Mirren - Hibs - St. Mirren?

Stephen McManus - Boro

John Kennedy - Durranted

Anthony McParland - Presenting TV programs with his mate Dec.

Mark Fotheringham - Cyprus I think. Always remember you could sign him as a 13 year old in some form of Champo. Played for both Dundee clubs I think, and got sent off for Dundee against us at Pittodrie in a cup game.

Bryan Prunty - Pretty sure they only thing he ever did of note in his life was score against them at Celtic Park. Alloa now, or was in August anyway.

Shaun Maloney - Still there after having a wee spell at Villa. Made mostly of glass and/or balsawood.

Or far east ply

the little malaysian alsatian eater