Assessment

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there's no real School for Managers as such, so they need to learn primarily from their mistakes.

My position regarding McInnes has thus far been of folded-arm skepticism, He did well in Scotland, relatively, went to England and crashed and burned. That puts him on a downwards trajectory as far as I'm concerned, and I'm not forgetting he was the cheapest option either. But that's how Aberdeen rolls these days... If it's cheap enough it's good enough. That's what brings the glory days back, and no fucking mistake.

Having said that, he appears to be willing to learn from those aforementioned mistakes. Unlike the previous muppet, who was in his 70s and still played the same ultra-defensive, not-lose-at-all-costs, drawmageddon football he did back when he was the Scotland manager and probably even before that.

If DM continues to act to fix things that clearly don't work then he shouldn't be too terrible.

Jury is out on McInnes as far as I'm concerned, largely because he's not even completed his first season in charge.

I have no idea why he thinks Vernon or McGinn are wingers, though. Chris Clark is more a winger than Scott Vernon, though by the same token my last dog was a better winger than Chris Clark. So you would think McInnes would think to himself, Either I play Vernon through the middle or not at all.

Where was Zola today, btw.

Someone please tell me he's been sent back to the lower leagues.

Enough of this negativity. It's far too early to make any conclusions about McInnes and his team. As someone said earlier, on paper the squad looks great, but not so good in actual matches. You have to concede that there are lots of other very capable teams in the SPFL, and sometimes we will win a game, other times we will lose. It's impossible to win them all so no point in being disappointed about it, but no reason not to have a moan just the same. McInnes knows what's wrong, but can he fix it, yes he can. Might take a few years though.

I'm not being negative... I'm actually being positive.

DM seems to learn from his mistakes.

We're 3 points and three places better off than I was expecting (so far)

He's not Craig Broon.

He may have dropped Zola.

We're a better standard of mediocre than the standard of mediocre I expected.

These are all (relatively) massive plusses.

Think its the players we are missing more than anything

Reynolds I don't think organises very well and not a good captain, we need Anderson back in there - just not sure where

We also seem to have swapped about a bit from last year - we look good at home but poor on the road. we don't look good with midfielders who run at us and we need to sort that out.

I'm surprised a throwing-the-toys-out-of-the-pram thread took so long to appear post match actually.

It's 100% valid given the last 2 performances against the 2 worst teams in the league. Well...they were the worst until we gave them both a hefty up.

Monday was horrendous.

Yesterday, believe me, was that x 5 or 6.

Unbeaten in 6 games in a row.

How many games are we unbeaten out of a row?

I don't really have an opinion yet. Approximately 50% disappointed that I won't be at the United game, have equal belief that I might see a good game with a good Aberdeen performance as I would that we'll see a shite game with a shite Aberdeen performance.

Guess we have another international break to work on the weaknesses.

It's 100% valid given the last 2 performances against the 2 worst teams in the league. Well...they were the worst until we gave them both a hefty up.

Monday was horrendous.

Yesterday, believe me, was that x 5 or 6.

That bad?! Christ, I was thinking of getting an ST when I'm back in the Granite City in a few weeks. After the last 2 games, I'm not so sure...

That bad?! Christ, I was thinking of getting an ST when I'm back in the Granite City in a few weeks. After the last 2 games, I'm not so sure...

Whilst the club need your support I would strongly urge you to just PATG at this stage in the season rather than getting a ST.

Club still has a lot to prove.

We need a good striker to play alongside McGinn

strikers have been our problem for a number of years

P.S Zola is on the same level as Mackie was

From what I've seen, Mackie would be a better option.

And he's free....

...don't rule it out.

Whilst the club need your support I would strongly urge you to just PATG at this stage in the season rather than getting a ST.

Club still has a lot to prove.

Idiot

Excuse me? Why so regarding that statement? or is it just in general?

If just in general then :dontknow::laughing:

What is wrong with urging a fellow fan not to blow money on a ST prematurely?

If he just goes for PATG the club still gets his money & he decides when the club deserves that cash.

It's up to the club to put on the show to justify bringing the fans back all the time.

I'm a ST holder & have been for many years but if any "returning fans" ask my opinion at the moment well I wouldn't tell them to just blindly throw their money at the club unless they are not bothered about the concept of value for money.

I don't mind wasting the cash personally but wouldn't urge someone else to do so unless they sampled it first.

I think the Falkirk game was a bit of a red herring, in the sense that we played a young team playing expansive football - whereas we really needed to grind out the results in the last couple of games despite some folk thinking we could just turn up and win by several goals.

Started the season with cautious optimism and I'm still at the same place now.

Falkirk game meant nothing regarding the league performances. Cup game so not really a good game to use to gauge our form.

I thought we should be beating the likes of St Mirren & County because we beat ICT (even though they were not great that day) & should have taken that momentum into these games & taken full advantage of it.

We underperformed in both the next league games. St Mirren was horrid to watch but they had more fight. County (the worst defence in the league) is just embarrassing.

I've been pleasantly surprised with a lot of things about Aberdeen this season (including DM) but they have sadly let us down in what could/should be classed as the "easiest" games yet again