Introductions Section

Guest LondonScottish

Hi all,

Thought I better introduce myself, bit of a newbie to forums. 

I am 20 and live in Stirling, moved down from Aberdeen when I was much younger but still a season ticket holder in South Stand and go to most away games.

Look forward to getting involved.

Cheers  :cheers:

Hi all,

I am 20 and live in Stirling, moved down from Aberdeen when I was much younger but still a season ticket holder in South Stand and go to most away games.

Cheers :cheers:

Welcome. Expect abuse. Do not divulge any weaknesses if possible if you’re not thick skinned.

Hi all,

Cheers :cheers:

Unfortunate initials.

Fuck sake, eh have an email address older than you.

• 1 month later...
  • Admin

Who is Bing?

https://www.bing.com/

Bing is a web search engine owned and operated by Microsoft. The service has its origins in Microsoft's previous search engines: MSN Search, Windows Live Search and later Live Search. Bing provides a variety of search services, including web, video, image and map search products.

More specifically on the Hat, it's a WebCrawler or Bot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_crawler

A Web crawler, sometimes called a spider or spiderbot and often shortened to crawler, is an Internet bot that systematically browses the World Wide Web, typically for the purpose of Web indexing (web spidering).

Web search engines and some other sites use Web crawling or spidering software to update their web content or indices of others sites' web content. Web crawlers copy pages for processing by a search engine which indexes the downloaded pages so users can search more efficiently.

TLDR; It's used by Microsoft to allow people to search for content on the Hat using their bing website.

Google also does similar. The reason i made them show up as a user is so i'm aware of when they're indexing the site.

Tup thought it was bebo

That was Rumpus, i think.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...