New Goalkeeper

Ok - in a glasgow boozer and thought overall - if you exclude the four terrible f**king goals - we did ok. However langfield, yet again, shows he does not have the command or bottle for these games.

Chipped from 25 f**king yards is bad enough, but to concede 2 others from inside a crowded 6 yard box is unacceptable. Just clean them oot!

Brilliant save when he tipped it onto the bar at 0-2, but f**k all use if he can't do the basics with ariel balls.

I make that 3 semis when he's been at fault and totally cost us - today, utd at tynecastle and also v QOS. By being so sh*te he had to be dropped for Souter - a man so un-agile he looked like he was wearing a full on diving suit and helmet.

Today could have been so different.

Ok - in a glasgow boozer and thought overall - if you exclude the four terrible f**king goals - we did ok. However langfield, yet again, shows he does not have the command or bottle for these games.

Chipped from 25 f**king yards is bad enough, but to concede 2 others from inside a crowded 6 yard box is unacceptable. Just clean them oot!

Brilliant save when he tipped it onto the bar at 0-2, but f**k all use if he can't do the basics with ariel balls.

I make that 3 semis when he's been at fault and totally cost us - today, utd at tynecastle and also v QOS. By being so sh*te he had to be dropped for Souter - a man so un-agile he looked like he was wearing a full on diving suit and helmet.

I think it goes deeper than the goalkeeper but he certainly needs to improve.

Langfield absolutely shat it today and the 2nd goal was particularly disappointing cos it was two headers inside the six yard box.

Defo need to say thanks but no thanks to clangers and let him move on in the summer.

(Pedantic comment - langers wasn't actually in sticks for the qos debacle)

I think it goes deeper than the goalkeeper but he certainly needs to improve.

Having a good goalkeeper is huge. Mourinho once said that it was the most important position on the pitch. This is the number one priority position for us. No arguments. No doubts. We need a solid, reliable keeper. Until the day we get one we will forever be mediocre.

Clangers deserves his name - we didn't defend against basic crosses - keeper and defence to blame. Actually not sure you can blame him for first goal - defence really need to close folk down much much quicker.

Souter was in goals for qos.

I wouldn't necessarily make clangers the scapegoat for today. The entire team were absolutely rotten.

He was (from where I was stood) outside his six yard box.

Langfield is fully to blame. To go behind in that circumstances early on was a blow to the whole team.

Pre Match interview with Pa Broon - Leighton was mentioned by Chic Young as being happier to be the other side of the Mic. and coaching again at Pittodrie.

Brown cited Langfields recent outstanding saves in games and agreed he was on good form. Am pretty sure today they saw a different side to the player.

1st was one of these flukes that happen - it was a cross aimed at back 6 yrd box - other wise really was a genius goal and stunning 5 mins into a debut and credit is due - postage stamp.

Did he ease off as 5 at back and therefore different game plan for clearing - Vuja and Diamond physically taller than Hooper who caused them endless hassle. Diamond still spooked by 9-0 I think. At 3rd hints of a FK and in other games I reckon this goal wouldnt have stood.

Still Langfield must be questioned - 6 yrd box is his. Technically by jumping and punching he should be able to own any ball in that area whether it takes ball + man, ball + player(own), ball+player (other), ball + player ( both) - ultimately the refereeing onus is to favour the keeper.

It is annoying that Celtic 'won' via commanding performance - stage fright yes but - freak goal, without defensive disorganisation and idiotic hand ball would have seen 1-0 HT and a real chance at the tie.

The legacy of our fullback problem continues IMO, Considine shouldnt have been there.

Still good times ahead - personally can't wait to see a Dons team where Jack, Aluko, Maguire and Pawlett are all playing at the top of their game..

Edit - Solution Clangers needs to watch Buffon videos for the next month - constantly as he eats, breathes, drinks.. otherwise it's new keeper. Diamond - pffft...

Edit - Solution Clangers needs to watch Buffon videos for the next month - constantly as he eats, breathes, drinks.. otherwise it's new keeper. Diamond - pffft...

Solution - Clangers needs to gtf right now. The odd great save, which should be a pre requisite of all goalkeepers, is far outweighed by the amount of gargantuan f**k ups. If you are reading Jamie, please, please leave. You have let us down once too often

He was (from where I was stood) outside his six yard box.

Langfield is fully to blame. To go behind in that circumstances early on was a blow to the whole team.

Just watched the highlights, was stalking the six yard box, not outside it but certainly not on the line, Collins was unmarked on edge of box, whilst Clangers and the defence can share some responsibility for the goal it was probably a fluke and a sh*t happens moment. The shambles that followed was entirely layable at the afc players and Clangers a major part.

Just watched the highlights, was stalking the six yard box, not outside it but certainly not on the line, Collins was unmarked on edge of box, whilst Clangers and the defence can share some responsibility for the goal it was probably a fluke and a sh*t happens moment. The shambles that followed was entirely layable at the afc players and Clangers a major part.

He was hopeless and from what I can remember he only had 5 shots hit at him (including the penalty) and he even made a mess of the one that he did stop. However I thought that there were 8 others on that pitch in red who were just as bad as him with only Vernon and Maguire coming out with any credit in my opinion.

He was hopeless and from what I can remember he only had 5 shots hit at him (including the penalty) and he even made a mess of the one that he did stop. However I thought that there were 8 others on that pitch in red who were just as bad as him with only Vernon and Maguire coming out with any credit in my opinion.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

please expand on this TD.

Having a good goalkeeper is huge. Mourinho once said that it was the most important position on the pitch. This is the number one priority position for us. No arguments. No doubts. We need a solid, reliable keeper. Until the day we get one we will forever be mediocre.

Good post.

Brown will have to buy two goalkeepers this summer as Howards just as bad.

Will say to be fair on Langfield, Vudj was absolute shocking yesterday and done his goalkeeper no favours.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

please expand on this TD.

I'm not saying he had a particluarly good game, far from it, but I felt he at least put the effort in which sadly quite a few others didn't seem to be doing. Thought he had hard lines with the chance he had in the 2nd half when he rounded the keeper but at least he kept on going which must have been frustrating with minimal support and a linesman who quite clearly didn't understand the offside rule.

I'd certainly place him nearer the bottom in my list of people to blame from yesterday. Only my opinion of course.

I'm not saying he had a particluarly good game, far from it, but I felt he at least put the effort in which sadly quite a few others didn't seem to be doing. Thought he had hard lines with the chance he had in the 2nd half when he rounded the keeper but at least he kept on going which must have been frustrating with minimal support and a linesman who quite clearly didn't understand the offside rule.

I'd certainly place him nearer the bottom in my list of people to blame from yesterday. Only my opinion of course.

his "effort" was misleading. He ran around a lot but when he got to the player after closing him down he put in some the weakest challenges I've seen. He made half arsed attempts to get to the ball in the air and his lack of composure cost him with that chance no luck.

yesterday he was a poor mans Darren Mackie.

he's still not decided if he's committing to the club or not but would AFC really miss him? I do not think he will ever play for a bigger club than Aberdeen

his "effort" was misleading. He ran around a lot but when he got to the player after closing him down he put in some the weakest challenges I've seen. He made half arsed attempts to get to the ball in the air and his lack of composure cost him with that chance no luck.

yesterday he was a poor mans Darren Mackie.

he's still not decided if he's committing to the club or not but would AFC really miss him? I do not think he will ever play for a bigger club than Aberdeen

I think the fact there has been no interest from other clubs tells its own story..

Your right half arse attempts in the air,no urgency to win the ball back,diving as soon as he's nudged. This all culminates in him also being a greedy wee sh*te.

I think the fact there has been no interest from other clubs tells its own story..

Your right half arse attempts in the air,no urgency to win the ball back,diving as soon as he's nudged. This all culminates in him also being a greedy wee sh*te.

I was amazed to see anyone have anything positive to say about him today.

• Site Sponsor

No-one should be surprised. I said during the week that his bottle will likely crack. How he has stayed 6 years at the club is beyond me. He is utter sh*te. Drop him now, don't play him again and let him leave in the Summer.

And suave, it's not just the semi's. At the Allianz, he capitulated like a total fud. All the first three were preventable.

The man is not, has not ever been, will never be fit for purpose. He proves this month in, month out.

On his "great save" yesterday, it was straight at his head. It would have been inept to not get a hand on it. He didn't have to move right nor left.

Last Saturday, he did pull off a great save, the best he's ever made and a standard of save that great keepers pull off every week.

His reactions and decision-making are his main weaknesses and are so bad that I remain staggered that he's been in our employ this long.

Most managers and commentators don't understand nor appreciate the difference between average and good goalkeepers.

Every good team needs a solid base and basic competence in GK and 2 x CB positions. We've never had this under Langfield and yet Leighton is heralded as some sort of saviour? Jim, if you were worth one hundredth of what we pay you, why haven't you agitated for Clangers removal? You're more interested in getting a wage you weegie tink. Go trash another hoose, arse.

Spot-on. He's the opposite of a big-game player, completely browns it whenever there is actually something at stake. He was at his clownish worst yesterday, not helped by the inexplicable decision to road-test a brand new defensive formation in a national semi-final which will hardly have filled him with confidence.

If Hibs go down we should chuck

• Site Sponsor

1 out of the 4 down to langfield.

Can't really have 1 in every 4 goals down to your goalkeeper making a error.

That said I won't be suprised to see langfield replacing mcgregor at mordor next season.

2 goalies in the summer please mr brown

The first three were his fault and he dived before Stokes even kicked the ball for the penalty.

He is the first to go, then Diamond, then Maguire, then Young (tipping point is he must really be a very stupid c.unt to handle the ball when in the wall), then Aluko.

Let's have a real clearout and spend what will not be a small amount on wages on three class acts to back up the youngsters and loan players we have/will get.

Root and branch, but let's get the losers out.

Spot-on. He's the opposite of a big-game player, completely browns it whenever there is actually something at stake. He was at his clownish worst yesterday, not helped by the inexplicable decision to road-test a brand new defensive formation in a national semi-final which will hardly have filled him with confidence.

If Hibs go down we should chuck

Tbh i might have said Mark Brown when he was at Caley but not so sure about now. Don't think he's any better than Langfield imo. That said i've no idea what good goalie would actually sign for us.

I knew before Stokes had even started his run up for the penalty that Clangers would go the wrong way. In fact would i be right in saying the only penalty he's ever saved for the Dons was against Munich? (which of course the rebound was turned in by the Turk).

Agree about the players you've mentioned other than Aluko possibly. I don't know but i think he still has something to give.

No you would not.