The Most Excellent Cities In The World

alscotoz

We're driving to LA and from LA to San Diego. I do intend to park the car up and not touch for the few days we're in LA though.

I’ve driven to Disney a few times, we’re up by San Jose, it’s an okay drive. Don’t bother trying to leave LA after 3pm though the traffic is a shit storm. I’ve not made it to San Diego yet, might be going later in the year.

Beachfront area is pretty good in San Diego. Restaurants and shops and hippy stall-owners selling tie dye shit. If you're lucky there'll be a Comicon of some sort going on at the Convention Center, and you'll see a bunch of people wandering around dressed as Hobbits and Stormtroopers. 

The aircraft carrier is pretty sweet to visit. Was at a party on it a few years back... strippers and big-titty hostesses serving up the drinkies. Not sure how interesting it would be without them keeping you entertained, though. I mean, it's a fucking boat... how interesting can it be? 

Recommend the Pier Cafe. Birds rocket in through the windows and try to fight you for your food. Birds are easy to beat, btw... just get them in an arm lock and they tap out immediately... good practice for the kids as they work their way up to fighting some of the bigger animals. 

Also, if you're going to be in LA July 28th to Aug 1st Siggraph is going on. Check out what the Asians are going to flood the market with in the next 10 years, and laugh at the American tech that's already 10 years out of date before it even hits the market. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Detroit has gone right up in my estimations:

19_03_20_Detroit_procession.jpg

"St. Joseph Oratory vicar Canon Adrian Sequeira leads the St. Joseph Day procession down Gratiot Avenue as members of St. Joseph Oratory carry a statue of St. Joseph and banners from the parish."

That priest is from Institute of Christ the King, you can tell by his aquamarine coloured gear.

I once went on a similar procession of theirs, between their two Churches in Preston.  One of the Churches is built on the spot where some leaders of the 1715 Jacobite Rebellion were executed.

• 2 months later...

Where does your fascination with fighting animals come from Kelt? You talk about it a lot.

Every animal, from the humble ant all the way up to the mighty Blue Whale, have a natural need to fight those around them for dominance.

If you dont fight an animal straight away ot's going to think it's the boss of you.

When I go into a house where there's a cat or a dog or a leopard the first thing I do is give it a sly, but extremely forceful, stomping.

Establish dominance early on and no animal will ever fuck with you.

• Downvote 1

Buenos Aires is top fucking notche. La Paz has a charming edginess to it. Rio is worth a visit too.

Highly recommend Argentina(the whole country) for a visit. Magic.

Thinking about South America for next year. Is it worth trying to see loads of places in a 2 week trip or better just doing 2 cities for a week each?
  • Downvote 1

Boca game is a must. No derby on when i was there so went to a River game aswell.

Massive continent so big distances between capital cities. You’d need to fly if you where only there 2 weeks. Closest would be Santiago and Montevideo. Neither where anything to write home about although i was there 2005 so could be a lot different/better now. Cusco in Peru, Inca capital, is ace. Or it was 15yr ago.

Rio for a few days and 10 days on a wee tropical island Ilha Grande off the coast of Rio would be a good hol. Patagonia is immense but you need a month and a car.

Southern Argentina is a bit like the Alps. Very Germanic/Alpine. Cooler temps. The further north you get the hotter it gets and the more latino it is. Che Guevaras childhood home is in Rosario and you can visit that. You can also go to the bunker where he was shot in Bolivia. Salt flats in Bolivia are mega. Bolivia is a stunning country. Goes without saying tho, its all bandito country and day weel fuck you up greengo so keep yir wits about you.

Edit: did i mention the Argentinian birds are the hottest ladies on the planet. And the steaks alone are almost worth going for.

Go to Rio and Ilha Grande Parkage.

Make sure you blast the gym before you go. Everyone in Rio is in terrific shape.

Ilha Grande is paradise. Just enough untouched to be authentic and just enough touristy to not feel like you're gonna get skinned alive and cannibalised.

Though I'm sure that could be arranged.

5-7 days split between them.

Screenshot_20190620-003044_zps8li4tysl.p

Good to see the Boltons are alive and well.