Deano

I wonder if we'll see Deano getting some significant minutes this evening.  Taken off after the hour on Monday, presumably with this game in mind.  Will be some tired legs in the midfield after Sunday too.

I see Hamiltons playground bully has also been suspended for the match... may give McInnes more confidence to blood a few of the younger ones. 

I wonder if we'll see Deano getting some significant minutes this evening.  Taken off after the hour on Monday, presumably with this game in mind.  Will be some tired legs in the midfield after Sunday too.

I see Hamiltons playground bully has also been suspended for the match... may give McInnes more confidence to blood a few of the younger ones. 

Fergie wiped him out during his first Hamilton training session anyway  :checkit:

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats to all! I see there were a heap of Dons playing in one of the age groups, the other day... about 4 in the squad! May have been 17's?

Any chance of Deano getting a loan move after Christmas, to get some first team experience?

Aye, as RUL says, there were 4 in the U16 squad for the victory shield games over in Ireland, which is a great achievement. Tom Ritchie, Calvin Ramsay, Lyall Booth and Kev Hanratty helped Scotland finish the tournament unbeaten, but three draws saw them finish third.

Aye, as RUL says, there were 4 in the U16 squad for the victory shield games over in Ireland, which is a great achievement. Tom Ritchie, Calvin Ramsay, Lyall Booth and Kev Hanratty helped Scotland finish the tournament unbeaten, but three draws saw them finish third.

Feeling really encouraged about what is going on at Youth level right now.  The home-grown players who had game time this season, have nearly all made a big impact.

Was great seeing McKenna and Fraser starting for Scotland the other night.  Hopefully those who've played in a part in their development are getting the recognition they deserve.  I don't think it'll be long until they're joined by a few others.

At the moment, we're looking like having a better success ratio promoting our youth players, than we are in the transfer market.

• 3 months later...