Scotland V Albania And Israel

I actually have a bit of sympathy for the ones who can’t be arsed.

If you’re a professional footballer, could you really be fucked traipsing across to Albania to sit on the bench, alongside a manager who doesn’t know what he’s doing, when you could be at home with the feet up?

Different story if Scotland were qualifying for things.

Yep.

The manager is a joke, it's not surprising players aren't very committed to him.

Some players won't be missed anyway, but the way it's heading well potentially be losing some pretty decent players if McLeish can't get his shit together.

Have you ever seen the cunt play? He's shite, no matter who he plays for.

Aye I've seen him play. Aye, he's pretty shite regardless of who he plays for. Agree totally.

I was responding to one of those typical 'new low' posts though. Which I disagree with. He's in in place of a keeper who was released by Burton, played a year at Hearts and left to join a club in the english 3rd tier remarking "this is the pinnacle of my career".

Going from that clown to the shite killie keeper with 6 clean sheets this season is certainly not a "new low".

You're wrong as well

Doesn't matter the manager, it's your country that you are turning your back on

Well no it's not if they are happy to play for their country when a half way competent manager is in charge.

You can take a typical football fan kind of outlook if you want but players need to be properly coached and managed, its key to the whole thing.

If players are really disrespectful the sure dump them.

If others are a bit canny about not pushing themselves to come when they might not be 100% do we dump those too?

So basically because we have a shit manager we should take it out on the players and then the team just becomes shitter and shitter?

No thanks.

Well no it's not if they are happy to play for their country when a half way competent manager is in charge.

You can take a typical football fan kind of outlook if you want but players need to be properly coached and managed, its key to the whole thing.

If players are really disrespectful the sure dump them.

If others are a bit canny about not pushing themselves to come when they might not be 100% do we dump those too?

So basically because we have a shit manager we should take it out on the players and then the team just becomes shitter and shitter?

No thanks.

I wonder if there will be a Howard Kendall style revelation soon with McLeish

I use to think like MT and probably most people do- a player pulls out of squads and doesn't seem to fancy it then fuck them because they are insulting us all.

But maybe it's maturity or I don't give a fuck so much but I can see why guys just want a break from it.

Our international team is a joke. The SFA are just paid amateurs, with complety amateur backwards attitudes. That's how we end up with everything in such a fucking mess all of the time.

But it's the players who have to deal with all the shit ultimately, they are the ones seen to be the failures.

I'm starting to think that's wrong.

First competitive caps for the 4 dons lads involved I assume?

I'll predict about 5 drop outs on Monday meaning our lads have very decent chance of game time

5 was a good guess as there is 3 so far

O'Donnell

Mulgrew

McDonald, K

Only defenders in squad are Tierney, Robertson, Shinnie, McKenna and Devlin.

Paterson McKenna Devlin Robertson

Fuck Tierney.

Paterson nae much good at defending/RB & I think I would play McKenna/Devlin in their regular positions as LCH/RCH rather than swapping them around like you have ;)

Unless it's Robertson & Patterson you have swapped around. It's all so confusing.

Looks like a JC tactical tombola the way you have it currently

Back four of Robertson mckenna Devlin Tierney seems the only way to go. It would be fairly ridiculous to persist with 3 at the back to wedge Tierney in on the left when you have a good centre back pairing there playing week in week out in a four.

It would be aye but I can see either 3 at the back with Tierney left, Mckenna centre and Devlin right with Robertson and Patterson/Fraser as wing backs, or you never know, Ryan Jack to get called up as right back is scary but possible.