Sam Cosgrove

Cosgrove has played absolutely fucking shite barring 2 games this season. 2 fucking games.

I don't want to write him off. I have done, because I've seen him in many games and he's a fucking terrible player with no ability.

Every so often Mackie popped up and played a blinder, this did not make him a footballer.

Cosgrove is and always will be shite. A little 7/10 rather than a 4/10 performance against Livingston does not change this.

You really don't have an eye for a footballer, been a few times lately I have thought Jesus that boy is a zoomer with some comments after games.

I was willing to give Cosgrove the benefit of the doubt at the beginning, then I watched him properly in numerous games.

Put it this way, there's a reason he cost 20k from Carlisle. Useless cunt 90% of the time.

All I want for Christmas is proper creative midfielder and a proper striker.

Good Post.

• Upvote 5

@@RAZOR - told you. Offers a lot more to us than Stockley and as I said to you at the start of the season - he'll score more than Stockley in less games. He was one of the the main reasons why we finished second last year. Made a huge difference when he was introduced to the squad in the top 6 split last season. Glad to see him prove folk wrong. 

• Upvote 3

Has anything changed that we've become amazing at coaching young players? Cosgrove's come on, McLennan has been as good as anyone this month, Ferguson went from exciting prospect to starting 11 almost overnight, McKenna became a prize asset almost overnight. Or is it simply young players getting more chances?

Can't argue with his recent play, but his challenges are still as clumsy as fuck, and for that reason he's going to continue to pick up cards even when he's just just going for 50/50. Every challenge he makes looks like a foul, whether there's bad intentions or not. 

That's probably indicative of the level he came from... Stockley and Zola, the two closest approximations, were the same way. 

There was a period in the second half where he gave away 5 fouls, 2 and 3 right after one another, and I thought he was going to get another yellow for persistent fouling.

Fair play to him, he actually seems to be making the step up, though. If he can iron out the Jimminy Lummox challenges then he seems like he'll be a decent signing. 

I am really pleased - for him and us - that he has "come good".  Even as far back as the Calderwood era, we have tried a long, inglorious line of "big galoots" up front and they have all been shite, until now.  And so I can understand folk writing him off previously, after many games without a goal, but he is really showing what he can do now and will continue to improve.

What a run he is on now, with confidence coursing through him.  Its the kind of run that would take (God forbid) injury or suspension to end, and he may well score against the tattie munchers.

No doubt he is now thriving because of how others in the team are performing - e.g. May has been far from prolific for us, but he busts a gut and puts a shift in every game.

I am really pleased - for him and us - that he has "come good". Even as far back as the Calderwood era, we have tried a long, inglorious line of "big galoots" up front and they have all been shite, until now. And so I can understand folk writing him off previously, after many games without a goal, but he is really showing what he can do now and will continue to improve.

What a run he is on now, with confidence coursing through him. Its the kind of run that would take (God forbid) injury or suspension to end, and he may well score at the tattie dome.

No doubt he is now thriving because of how others in the team are performing - e.g. May has been far from prolific for us, but he busts a gut and puts a shift in every game.

We're playing the victims at home.