Dean Campbell

• 2 years later...
49 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Superb performance when he came on

He should be understudy to mckenzie, not Hayes

Genuinely did look like a technician most of the time!

Much depends on how the game evolves around him. See Ramsay, he will just bomb on up the wing... he's got the Trent/Andy Robertson vibe about him. But Dean looks nervy if the team aren't on the front foot and invariably plays it safe. I'd like to see him be more confident and direct. In fact, I'd like to see players fined if they pass it sideways or backwards more than they do going forwards!!
Think starting him at full back may be a risk, and given McKenzie's size and physique, I would absolutely prefer him to be fit. I suspect he will be, but Dean's an option for that role if you ask me. Not in midfield - he just gets steam rollered.

Guest milne_afc

Noticeable difference in Deano’s physique today. He was a bit shaky when he first came on and mis-controlled a ball on the touch line, but came on to a good game, topped with laser accurate assist. Definitely has a role to play and will improve with consistent game time.

Fair play to the lad I have been a major critic of his but he looked far more comfortable when he came on today than he has for a long time. Definitely not the finished product however working under Glass and co. seems to be doing him the world of good.

Where is the Joe Lewis of old? He looks out of sorts. We need to find a solution to his Clangeresque performances or bin him sooner rather than later.

36 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Noticeable difference in Deano’s physique today. He was a bit shaky when he first came on and mis-controlled a ball on the touch line, but came on to a good game, topped with laser accurate assist. Definitely has a role to play and will improve with consistent game time.

To be fair he always had that in his locker.  One of few players we had who could truly and accurately switch play.

9 hours ago, Millertime said:

Superb performance when he came on

He should be understudy to mckenzie, not Hayes

Genuinely did look like a technician most of the time!

He did really well when he came on at left back (and has looked good previously in left hand side, when deployed there in other similar roles)... however a weakness is his lack of pace.  Wouldn't like to see him isolated against a quick winger. 

1 hour ago, Big Hat Logan said:

It was a great assist but he wasn’t really asked to do much defensively so I would hold off on proclaiming him as our new left back. As I said a great assist and made some good passes but that’s what we know he can do. Can he defend for 90 minutes there? 

I’m not sure anyone was proclaiming him as our new left back, MacKenzie is our left back. However , it’s fair to acknowledge he did well when he came on. You’re right in that the real test would be when he has to defend more than attack. 

• 1 month later...