Out Of Contract

June 2019

Tomas Cerny - I'd like him to stay. Good goalie and probably the best backup goalie we've had for 20+ years!

Mark Reynolds - He's still a good player and has something to offer. Not sure how he's recovered from injury. He's apparently contemplating retirement. I feel the team has improved massively in this area - the best defence I've seen under McInnes. 

Andrew Considine - I'd keep him. He's done well overall this past month. He's also willing to be a rotational player when needed. 

Graeme Shinnie - keep!

Sam Roscoe - @@daytripping says this guys quality. Keep! Going by reports he's doing really well at Alloa. Would be interesting to hear what @@Ollie's thoughts are as he's more familiar about the lad.

Gary Mackay-Steven - Keep!

Frank Ross - I know he's been injured but he looked really promising - played really well against Hibs early this season.

Dominic Ball - also out of contract at Rotherham - I'd keep him. Not a defender but a good midfielder and he's still young. Good backup.

I am not disagreeing but I believe Shinnie and GMS are both leaving unfortunately.  Ball has said he wants to sign so I wouldn't be surprised if something happens there, especially if Shinnie is leaving.

Assuming its common knowledge at the club that Shinnie and GMS are away I'd move one of them on in January to bring in even a small fee. Help us bring an extra player in etc

Unless we've already identified replacements with a high probability of them signing, I think I'd rather keep them both to the end of the season. Could be the difference of a couple of league places which would be worth more than the £100k or whatever we'd get for either with 5 months left on their contract.

Assuming its common knowledge at the club that Shinnie and GMS are away I'd move one of them on in January to bring in even a small fee. Help us bring an extra player in etc

And what if they don't want to move? By signing a pre contract with someone to join when their contract with us finishes means a nice lump sum all for them when they join their new club. Having a club pay a fee to us for their services prior to them being out of contract, however small, diminishes the size of potential signing on fee they receive

And what if they don't want to move? By signing a pre contract with someone to join when their contract with us finishes means a nice lump sum all for them when they join their new club. Having a club pay a fee to us for their services prior to them being out of contract, however small, diminishes the size of potential signing on fee they receive

If it was a team with ambitions for second half of season eg Sunderland or Peterborough then you'd think they'd be up for getting them early

Unless we've already identified replacements with a high probability of them signing, I think I'd rather keep them both to the end of the season. Could be the difference of a couple of league places which would be worth more than the £100k or whatever we'd get for either with 5 months left on their contract.

we would be asking for their value and not just giving them away though. 500k minimum for either and I would think about it.

we would be asking for their value and not just giving them away though. 500k minimum for either and I would think about it.

£500k would make me think twice too but how realistic is that? I know we somehow managed it with Lee Miller but that's more an exception than a rule. I'd happily take Kenny McLean type deal like last winter but again, not sure of that's something that can really be expected.

No point keeping Considine and Reynolds. Considine would be my preferred option at this stage.

Not bothered if Ball doesn't stay. He's done OK but we need to do better. Tansey will surely get paid off at some stage, whether that's January or the summer.

I'd expect Frank Ross will get a 12 month deal. Hopefully the young centre back gets a deal too.

Lewis would be in with a shout for the Capatin's armband as well.

Agree about Ball and would also not offer Reynolds a new contract, especially if Considine signs a new deal.

If Lewis wanted to sign a new 3 or 4 year deal then aye he could be captain. Would not consider him otherwise.

Devlin the natural choice as he is on a longer contract already.

• Upvote 1

If Lewis wanted to sign a new 3 or 4 year deal then aye he could be captain. Would not consider him otherwise.

Devlin the natural choice as he is on a longer contract already.

Would like to see Lewis contract being extended sooner rather than later anyway. Been a great keeper and appears to be settled up here.

Devlin would be my first choice as captain and if shinnie does not sign a new contract in January, I would be moveing the captaincy to him straight away.

Would like to see Lewis contract being extended sooner rather than later anyway. Been a great keeper and appears to be settled up here.

Devlin would be my first choice as captain and if shinnie does not sign a new contract in January, I would be moveing the captaincy to him straight away.

Captaincy (& extra wee boost to his wages that likely comes with it) may have been part of Shinnies contract agreement.

So removing it from him (unless he breaches his contract in some way) would only cost more cash, as we'd be basically paying two captains wages (extras).

All complete speculation & poor guesswork but you can take it as fact if you like.

He in no way should be viewed as a replacement for Shinnie should he move on.

Take a look at Balls role in the goals against Celtic and others before that. Amateurish.

I agree he's not a potential Shinnie replacement but I think we will sign him permanently for next season he's a good squad player.

I thought he was excellent in the win at Ibrox a few weeks ago and he doesn't moan if he's on the bench. Just keep him away from playing CH unless absolutely necessary but he's a very solid defensive mid.

I agree he's not a potential Shinnie replacement but I think we will sign him permanently for next season he's a good squad player.

I thought he was excellent in the win at Ibrox a few weeks ago and he doesn't moan if he's on the bench. Just keep him away from playing CH unless absolutely necessary but he's a very solid defensive mid.

Yeah McInnes went back in for Ball quite early on in the window which suggests he really does rate him.

Got away with a ridiculous handball on Saturday, was last man, let it bounce looked terrified